• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Castlevania Judgement Wii screens

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
beelzebozo said:
then here's a cheap way to cash in on those fanatics without having to put in the money to make assets for a full adventure-style game. good call, konami.

except that they don't bother making assets for their adventure-style games either -- depending on whether they're 2d or 3d, they either recycle or just make a bunch of hallways. no, this goes past low-budget fan abuse. i think it might be a cry for help. 'please, stop buying these awful castlevania games, and maybe they'll let me do something menial for mgs5.'

SantaC

Gold Member
beelzebozo said:
wait a minute.

"alucard" backwards is "dracula!"

alucard backwards is dracula!

9ut8bb.jpg

ahhhhhhhhh!

that was not a serious post right

fresquito

boco77 said:
trolling? I'm just saying they should have made a proper Castlevania game on a next gen system. 2d/3d doesnt matter. How many people would have been excited by a 360/PS3 Castlevania game? I play Castlevania for the exploration and cool items and rpg elements and music, not so I can watch bouncing boobs like in Dead or Alive or do 544 hit floating combos.
Instead Konami are doing this because more people own a Wii, not giving a crap about listening to their fans by making it a fighter instead too.
Can you explain me why the Wii forced them to do a fighting game instead of an adventure, troll?

KevinCow

Banned
Did they even have the color hot pink in the late 18th century?

Judgement4.jpg

I mean I'm not calling for absolute historical accuracy or anything, but come on now.

duckroll said:
The game looks sharp at native res, but the designs are really horrid. There are some stuff that look pretty nice, like the 2D pumpkins, but seriously the game looks awful from both a design appeal standpoint and a gameplay appeal standpoint. Does anyone really want a Castlevania fighter?
I think the answer to your last question is that we don't know. I have been playing castlevania since its first entry on the NES and this isn't the direction I would have taken the series. However, Konami is known to do strange things and come up with good results, so I guess let's wait and see?? At least its a new castlevania game...

Nice character redesigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially loli Maria and Dracula's bio-boosted armor. He looks like he's ready to pilot Jehuty.

I can tell IGA's got something to do with this, as there are recyled enemies in the background, and it's a clearly bad idea for a console Castlevania game.

Xater

Can the OP or a Mod please get those crazy large screens out of here? :lol

Ok I'm gonna call it right now: This game will be terrible.

Ypu can quote me on that. Why can't we get a real Castlevania for home consoles? WHYYYYY?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
boco77 said:
trolling? I'm just saying they should have made a proper Castlevania game on a next gen system. 2d/3d doesnt matter. How many people would have been excited by a 360/PS3 Castlevania game? I play Castlevania for the exploration and cool items and rpg elements and music, not so I can watch bouncing boobs like in Dead or Alive or do 544 hit floating combos.
Instead Konami are doing this because more people own a Wii, not giving a crap about listening to their fans by making it a fighter instead too.

You're really not helping yourself out here.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yeah, nice troll in the OP. This and your "Wii Fit is a massive flop" thread title makes you a marked man.

I suppose the graphics aren't bad, but I REALLY don't like the character designs. Why does Dracula have those nipple cannons over his chest? Also is Maria that cutesy normally or is it just here where magic pumpkins and bright stars flutter about her on-screen presence?

Might give this one a miss now unless somebody exclaims it has really awesome gameplay.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the game deserves to be criticized. he's just attacking it from a needless console-centric angle.

yes, the game is a stupid idea.
no, its stupidity has nothing to do with the console it's on.

Kenka

The opinions are diverse but...

...c'mon guys. It does look nice. And better than SC II. But frankly, why does Alucard look like a Kingdom Hearts version of Kuja ?

drohne

beelzebozo said:
yes, the game is a stupid idea.
no, its stupidity has nothing to do with the console it's on.

really? the stupid wii spinoff is becoming kind of an institution

dq swords
sc legends
re umbrella chronicles
castlevania judgement
metroid prime

duckroll

hirokazu said:
Am I wrong to say Soulcalibur II looks miles better than this?

I actually just checked. SC2 on GC has much lower res textures, and didn't look anywhere as sharp as this. In terms of geometry they're about similar. The only thing that SC2 is better at is the art direction.

drohne said:

dq swords
sc legends
castlevania judgement
metroid prime
Damn the Wii for forcing games to be stupid spinoffs! DAMN IT!!!!

drohne

the image quality that results from downscaling those huge shots obviously isn't representative of the actual game -- it's going to look like everything else on wii

Septy

drohne said:
the image quality that results from downscaling those huge shots obviously isn't representative of the actual game -- it's going to look like everything else on wii

For somebody who dislikes the console, you do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time discussing it.

drohne said:

dq swords
sc legends
re umbrella chronicles
castlevania judgement

This is true.
drohne said:
metroid prime

This is not.

drohne said:

Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
If these games got a main line entry on Wii they would be amazing and I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dracula's mustache has more polygons than a soldier from Metal Gear.

JonnyBrad

drohne said:

dq swords
sc legends
re umbrella chronicles
castlevania judgement
metroid prime

The rest i'll give you. But you can't have what is basically a mainline Metroid game and a sequel to one of the greatest. games. ever. listed as a stupid spin off.

[Nintex]

drohne said:
I agree, although it looks closer to the real deal than the 2560x1920 shots.

big_z

i'd rather see the return of the goth SOTN style than more of the anime crap.... however i'm liking draculas pig nipple outfit.

Jocchan said:
Dracula's mustache has more polygons than a soldier from Metal Gear.

Yeah that 1 polygon moustache have more polygons that a soldier form Metal Gear. :lol :lol

And Tekken Tag uses prerendered backgrounds.

Obviously it looks better (and better than a bunch of posterior fighters on the same console).

P.D: The art is fucking horrible....

haowan

boco77 said:

You did this for way of the samurai 3 too. Personally I think you're just a bit strange

agrajag

Banned
[Nintex] said:
I resized them:
Note: These are just resized with photoshop, so I don't think that this his how the game will look on the Wii.

Thanks, your efforts are not in vain.

hirokazu

duckroll said:
I actually just checked. SC2 on GC has much lower res textures, and didn't look anywhere as sharp as this. In terms of geometry they're about similar. The only thing that SC2 is better at is the art direction.
Hmm, aside from the bonus AA from downsizing the press images, they look about on par. SCII seems to be a lot more vibrant though, guess I'll have to wait to see this in action. That said, I never really cared much about this game since it's announcement, just sounded another quick spin-off for Wii to garner some cash.

And I hope that Maria girl's star and pumpkin sprites are just placeholders, they look really out of place.

And trolling aside, I don't really disagree with the OP that this looks like a PS2 game. Perhaps not a first gen (though TTT might challenge this), but a PS2 game no less. In the game's defense, most Wii games look like PS2 games. :/

EDIT: And the lighting and models look quite a bit better in SCII, particularly the faces. Castlevania seems to have just patched anime face textures on the faces and stopped at that, and the lighting on the models looks pretty damn flat, like Kingdom Hearts even.

drohne

Relaxed Muscle said:
And Tekken Tag uses prerendered backgrounds.

no it doesn't -- the backgrounds are detached from the infinite plane you fight on, but they're rendered in real time. i guess we may as well have arguments from 1999 if we're going to have graphics from 1999

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Relaxed Muscle said:
Yeah that 1 polygon moustache have more polygons that a soldier form Metal Gear. :lol :lol
I'm not sure if you've got it or not :lol

Fewr

Too many people in this thread saying they don't care/won't buy/etc. We've read your opinions in the other thread. Are you trying to reassure yourselves?

EDIT:
Relaxed Muscle said:
Yeah that 1 polygon moustache have more polygons that a soldier form Metal Gear. :lol :lol:
Actually, it's true.

Top Bottom