• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New concept art for Sonic & friends through the ages shown at 25th anniversary event

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh yeah, completely agreed.

Silver in general is a dumpster fire

Silver is the one Sonic character that I just straight up don't care for as I feel that was an unnecessary creation and that he was only created to fill in the "I come from the future" trope.

Luckily his appearance has been limited so Sonic Team are aware that he isn't popular.

That is actually a nice blend of old and modern Sonic, they should reconsider this design if moving forward or do some retro release ala Megaman 9 & 10.

Smash 4 managed to pull of both style.

screen-6.jpg

Depending on Sonic's angle and pose his style shifts between his classic and modern look.

No one posted this?
Clx31aeUYAAfv6X.jpg:orig

Big Red Button's concept art and/or rejected designs for Sonic Boom

It's funny because they told the creators to really reimagine Sonic, and yet clearly freaked out at anything but the smallest changes. I've seen other Boom Sonic designs that were even more radically different than this.

s_mirage

It would have been awesome if they used the third one on the top right, just for the meltdowns. The final design is still ass though. Why did he need to wrap bandages over his shoes?

It almost looks like they wanted Sonic to look like some kind of tramp, but were shot down with Sega's only concession being the bandages.

Top Bottom