• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

Raide

Now, would it be too much to hope that there would be cross platform play? At least with PS3?

For Dark Souls? Doubtful.

For Dark Souls 2 in 2013 on PC, 720 and Wii-U? (PS4 if they do launch it) That would be awesome.

mudkyp

Oh being more Co-op friendly is totally against the Dark Souls way. I earned my platinum through blood sweat and tears. But it would be really awesome to play with my friends for a change of pace.

Raide

Oh being more Co-op friendly is totally against the Dark Souls way. I earned my platinum through blood sweat and tears. But it would be really awesome to play with my friends for a change of pace.

Probably happen for Dark Souls 2 but more thought into the online elements, especially the Covenant stuff would be awesome.

Orayn

For Dark Souls? Doubtful.

For Dark Souls 2 in 2013 on PC, 720 and Wii-U? (PS4 if they do launch it) That would be awesome.

Please not 2013. From Software needs to spend more time on Souls 3 and polish it until it's so shiny that it hurts your eyes to gaze upon it directly. Your metaphorical game-design-eyes, I mean. Keep the actual visuals as gorgeous dark fantasy all the way.

Jintor

Just to confirm, checked a magazine stand in town

B10ppl.jpg

DgP7Ml.jpg

Buy our goddamn mag you cheapo :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Its broken, ill just leave it at that. Don't feel like getting into a long winded explanation/argument about it. Thought this was common knowledge for anyone that pvp'd in the game.
Ah, I didn't PvP in Dark Souls :).

Raide

Please not 2013. From Software needs to spend more time on Souls 3 and polish it until it's so shiny that it hurts your eyes to gaze upon it directly. Your metaphorical game-design-eyes, I mean. Keep the actual visuals as gorgeous dark fantasy all the way.

Even if it was late 2013? I am sure they are already working on Dark Souls 2. :D

I would like them to use a new engine though but that would change the overall look. Seeing it using UE3 or 4 would be pretty amazing with all those godrays, foliage etc.

Ah, I didn't PvP in Dark Souls :).

The whole lag-step issue is annoying but unless they tighten up the combat, that will be an issue. Or they could lower the lock-on for it when against humans.

Orayn

Even if it was late 2013? I am sure they are already working on Dark Souls 2. :D

I would like them to use a new engine though but that would change the overall look. Seeing it using UE3 or 4 would be pretty amazing with all those godrays, foliage etc.

The whole lag-step issue is annoying but unless they tighten up the combat, that will be an issue. Or they could lower the lock-on for it when against humans.

Two years (at most) isn't enough, man. I'm sure the end result would be great for you and me, but a difficult, somewhat-obtuse game like Souls 3 will need every little bit of panache From Software can give if it's going to compete even more aggressively with the Skyrims and Call of Duties of whatever year it's released.

Two thoughts on PC version:

- Does the Demon's Soul team have any history with PC development? Let's hope we don't get crashes, glitches or bugs

- MODS - watch someone develop a hacked "Tuned Difficulty" mod that will piss off purists and divide the fan base.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YES! PC DARK SOULS! I'M GONNA BUY ONE FOR ME AND ALL MY FRIENDS!

Raide

Two years (at most) isn't enough, man. I'm sure the end result would be great for you and me, but a difficult, somewhat-obtuse game like Souls 3 will need every little bit of panache From Software can give if it's going to compete even more aggressively with the Skyrims and Call of Duties of whatever year it's released.

Sure, the more time the better really but only if they have next-gen hardware to play with.

At this moment, Dark Souls 2 would have enough of a player base that even if the CoDs/Skyrims etc appeared, it would still do well. If they get to 3rd or 4th game and its still just a slight upgrade to the first game, then they would need to pull out the stops.

Personally I hope the look at Dark Souls and make some awesome additions and changes that draw it away from being "Yet another Demon's Souls type game"

- Does the Demon's Soul team have any history with PC development? Let's hope we don't get crashes, glitches or bugs

- MODS - watch someone develop a hacked "Tuned Difficulty" mod that will piss off purists and divide the fan base.

Not sure if the same team, but From Software has Ninja Blade on Steam.

I assume you say it is broken due to lag/latency.

That plays a big role but also several other things such as; double backstabs, counter backstabs that teleport your character, the huge hit radius, unbalanced damage especially with hornets ring, the unbalanced builds that come with it, etc, etc

Sure you can say that's part of the combat and you need to get better. It doenst change the fact that most pvp battles boil down to each player trying to consecutively exploit a badly designed and shoddy mechanic.

Rezbit

I'd be all over an easy mode, hah. Loved the atmosphere but found the game much too hard :(

Zeliard

I think Dark Souls on PC will sell much better than a lot of people are probably expecting.

PC + deep RPGs make for a beautiful couple, with a lot of history. Not to mention there's so much hype and talk surrounding its difficulty that many people will just be naturally curious to see what the fuss is all about.

Raide

I think Dark Souls on PC will sell much better than a lot of people are probably expecting.

PC + deep RPGs make for a beautiful couple, with a lot of history. Not to mention there's so much hype and talk surrounding its difficulty that many people will just be naturally curious to see what the fuss is all about.

I don't doubt the PC version will sell well but I am also pretty sure if will get pirated and hacked to hell and back.

It will be really interesting to see the PC version appear and then see the reactions from PC gamers.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

As long as they make sure the port is decent, I think they will be getting a lot of sales indeed.

I hope so. I never saw this happening. How often do devs and publishers listen to petition for ports of games? IF confirmed I could only hope it's a well made port(steamworks/no gamespy for networking). It would be great if the game is a huge hit not only guaranteeing a sequel on PC but as a reward for a dev and publisher actually listening to it's fanbase.

Orayn

Sure, the more time the better really but only if they have next-gen hardware to play with.

At this moment, Dark Souls 2 would have enough of a player base that even if the CoDs/Skyrims etc appeared, it would still do well. If they get to 3rd or 4th game and its still just a slight upgrade to the first game, then they would need to pull out the stops.

Personally I hope the look at Dark Souls and make some awesome additions and changes that draw it away from being "Yet another Demon's Souls type game"

I just want the satisfaction of knowing that Souls 3 was so good that it managed to go up against a big release that was expected to be a critical darling and ground it into dust, in terms of sales, critical reception, and general mindshare among people who play games. If that means lots of nitty gritty work that will make the game take until 2014 or 2015, then so be it.

I'd be all over an easy mode, hah. Loved the atmosphere but found the game much too hard :(

- The more you die, the less strong your enemy's attacks become
- Rare weapon-crafting items easier to find
- More checkpoints / bonfires all over the game world
- Less Souls required to level up

Oh man, it feels dirty just typing this

Raide

I just want the satisfaction of knowing that Souls 3 was so good that it managed to go up against a big release that was expected to be a critical darling and ground it into dust, in terms of sales, critical reception, and general mindshare among people who play games. If that means lots of nitty gritty work that will make the game take until 2014 or 2015, then so be it.

Agreed. I want new Dark Souls to go up against new Skyrim etc and actually win. From are an awesome developer but their games are not always massive hits. Dark Souls has that potential and maybe they will get around to ChromeHounds 2. :D

The main issue is that the game is built around Hardcore difficulty. There will be many gamers that will be utterly put off in the first few minutes. I just hope From does not relent and make it easier. In fact, I want them to make it harder and make the bosses provide way more challenge.

King Boo

i haven't logged on to facebook in what feels like years (probably 2 years). i am unable to like it, although i do like what seems to be good news.

Agreed. I want new Dark Souls to go up against new Skyrim etc and actually win. From are an awesome developer but their games are not always massive hits. Dark Souls has that potential and maybe they will get around to ChromeHounds 2. :D

The main issue is that the game is built around Hardcore difficulty. There will be many gamers that will be utterly put off in the first few minutes. I just hope From does not relent and make it easier. In fact, I want them to make it harder and make the bosses provide way more challenge.

Keep it open world expand the online offerings a bit.

Zzoram

You guys actually think that an easy-mode mod would be popular?

This is the PC. If anything, a hard-mode mod will be the one to get. That's been the trend for all PC RPGs that receive mods to difficulty.

Top Bottom