• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

joe2187

Banned
tumblr_lz5f4gTLd11rppvq5o1_400.jpg

But Skyrim's SkyBoost mod does exactly this.

That's more like a patch than anything..

What I was referring to, which should have been easily discernible, were gameplay altering mods, much like the other forum member correctly assumed.

Anyway, the original point was that this has nothing to do with the framerate.. Why are you guys going on about it for? Do you really think Dark Souls on PC is going to have framerate problems that require fan made intervention to fix? lmao... Who is seriously out there thinking to themselves "Man, I hope Dark Souls on PC runs better than on consoles, and if not that there is a mod to fix it"?

Why are you guys going on about it for? Do you really think Dark Souls on PC is going to have framerate problems that require fan made intervention to fix? lmao... Who is seriously out there thinking to themselves "Man, I hope Dark Souls on PC runs better than on consoles, and if not that there is a mod to fix it"?
If you've played PC games recently, then yes, we are anticipating a bad port of the game. It's not just frame rate, it's also field of view, feel of the controls, resolution, and anything else that is particular for the PC. Some people have very slick hardware and might want to push the graphics to whatever they can manage, for example. I'm more of a medium settings kind of person.

If you've played PC games recently, then yes, we are anticipating a bad port of the game. It's not just frame rate, it's also field of view, feel of the controls, resolution, and anything else that is particular for the PC. Some people have very slick hardware and might want to push the graphics to whatever they can manage, for example. I'm more of a medium settings kind of person.

Do you realize what changing the FOV would do to a game like Dark Souls? You do realise this is a console game right?

I can see FOV being an issue in first person games... but everything the devs chose to do in Dark Souls was deliberate.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
plzbegoodplzbegoodplzbegoodplzbegood

Zeliard

The unfortunate thing about guys like Nito and the Gaping Dragon is they have incredible character designs but are largely pushovers as bosses. =(

Do you realize what changing the FOV would do to a game like Dark Souls? You do realise this is a console game right?

I can see FOV being an issue in first person games... but everything the devs chose to do in Dark Souls was deliberate.
You're assuming that they have to lock at that FOV for some other reason, but the main reason why it's like that for a console is because the player very far from the screen. ME2 and ME3 to chose ~70 FOV as a default. It's very much headache inducing when you're very close to a 24" screen. Luckily there was a tool to change the .ini to a toggle-able 100 (or whatever you like) during normal moments.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hype list:

A new Demon's Souls >>>>>>>> A new Dark Souls >>>>>>>> Dark Souls on PC >>>>>>> Dark Souls on Vita :3
Oh my god.

Please don't release it right next to Diablo 3.
That's not even possible :p

Zimbardo

Blighttown @ 1080p @ Highest details @ 60fps/vsync'd

Ohhh my goodness!!

will cry if they do something stupid and cap frames @ 30fps.

IrishNinja

Do you really think Dark Souls on PC is going to have framerate problems that require fan made intervention to fix? lmao... Who is seriously out there thinking to themselves "Man, I hope Dark Souls on PC runs better than on consoles, and if not that there is a mod to fix it"?

ThaiGrocer nailed it - if you played many PC games in the last few years, you'd be aware that many times, you get a non-optimized shit port of the console version, and are lucky to have settings for other resolutions and some effects. there is 0 reason to think namco would push for anything but this, though hopefully FROM would of course do it right.

even so, let's say it's locked @ 30 FPS. why wouldn't i want mods for more anti-aliasing, maybe 60 FPS, shaders/softer shadows, etc etc? these are things we've seen from mods, and again, they're options.
better yet: the console versions were a mess with online (though the last patch certainly helped) as scamo decided to split us up not just by platform, but region too - PC would get around this, with a larger, more active community in all areas, and legacy servers that could exist long after they'd be taken down console-side...though it cant be said enough how great it is that Demons' Souls still has an online community going, if and when they close up this year in October ill be sad but not fault them for doing so.

anyway, your argument has been that options for other users, which dont affect you, betrays a developer's vision. i can only throw so many examples of ways this platform improves things, and even takes some of the burden off From/scamco whilst rewarding them with more revenue for this gen's finest new series.

mudkyp

This is very exciting, but how hacked is the PC version going to be? I'm guessing quite a lot, but if one of those hacks is to let me to play with my friends, I'm on board.

Zzoram

Please be on Steam, please be on Steam, please be on Steam!

I wonder if my HD4870 will handle this game ok or if I'll be pushed towards an upgrade.

First Binary Domain, now this, loving the fact that more Japanese games are coming to PC. Dark Souls 1080p here I come.

Now, would it be too much to hope that there would be cross platform play? At least with PS3?

Raide

This is very exciting, but how hacked is the PC version going to be? I'm guessing quite a lot, but if one of those hacks is to let me to play with my friends, I'm on board.

Ok, I am one of those gamers that actually wants Dark Souls 2 to have a more rounded MP element. Hacked to play regular co-op? Most fans would say that goes against what From planned but PC gamers can hack as much as they like, as long as it does not impact on other people.

PC gamers like hardcore games. You think poison is bad? Ever face Petrify in Baldur's Gate 2?

True but then Dark Souls has Curse and all it entails. :D PC gamers that have no idea what Dark Souls is are going to run into some tear-shedding moments. If they have been following along with the PC Port hopes and dreams, then they will be ready for what is coming.

Top Bottom