• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

Kssio_Aug

Looks nice but whenever I watch the actual gameplay footage, I can't stand how boring it plays. Simulators are not for me.

Its not a sim, and thats why I'm hyped already. I believe this game may handle somehow like Forza Horizon 2... I don't expect it to be as hard as a sim to control, but also not as arcadey as Need for Speed or Burnout for example. And if it controls as good as FH2, then I'm sure I'm buying it.

have their been any confirmation on what wheels will work with this game yet? i know a while back they confirmed 2, a cheapo one and a high quality one.. is that it?

driver116

ibq093joiMYs78.png

I'm going to spend sooooo much time playing the Norway tracks.

jett

D-Member
Are you viewing those shots on a phone screen or something? The IQ is great, but it's not good enough to think that footage is downsampled.

No it's not. Look at the light on the right edge of the bumper of the Alfa Romeo on the 2nd pic. It shouldn't be as aliased if it was downsampled from 4K.

I'm not going bother arguing with you people, I know exactly what I'm seeing here, and I'm familiar with the actual image quality of the game.

My friend is ecstatic about the game, so I might buy it just to have a club with him. Although, I would mostly spend my time taking panoramic shots in this game.

Seik

Banned
I never, ever bought a racing game at launch, except Mario Kart 8, but this one is tempting me.

I can see myself having fun with it, playing on a wheel kit and everything.

Anyone have a list of the compatible wheels on PS4?

drotahorror

I'm not going bother arguing with you people, I know exactly what I'm seeing here, and I'm familiar with the actual image quality of the game.

Supposedly this trailer is footage of the final version. You have the final version? I know some people do.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not too worried about no logitech wheel support for this as it isn't really a sim racer. Also it controls really nicely with a DS4.

Hoje0308

Banned

So, you know better than everyone else here? "I know what I'm seeing and I don't have to defend my position for some reason. Whaaaaaa!"

And no, you're not familiar with the IQ, since this is the first footage we've seen of the final game.

What the hell? I don't want to argue...I'm just saying that I can clearly see that the IQ isn't good enough to be downsampled, and asked if you were viewing it on a phone screen :S

So, you know better than everyone else here? "I know what I'm seeing and I don't have to defend my position for some reason. Whaaaaaa!"

And no, you're not familiar with the IQ, since this is the first footage we've seen of the final game.

Lol, this.

Straight up lying.

Pimpwerx

Gorgeous as ever. As noted, this game compares very nicely with the reveal trailer. Good job, Evo. The extra time has really paid off. I hope this game can find commercial success. I know it's got one sale here. PEACE.

This is definitely downsampled footage, which is disappointing but the game still looks great.

Or it's the final build of the game, with the last layer of AA that they said they were implementing before release? I see too many jaggies in those 1080p shots to be able to call that footage downsampled.

jett

D-Member
What the hell? I don't want to argue...I'm just saying that I can clearly see that the IQ isn't good enough to be downsampled, and asked if you were viewing it on a phone screen :S

Lol, this.

Straight up lying.

I don't want to argue because I remember having the same discussions with people insisting that ND's obvious TLOU PS4 bullshots were direct feed. Of course, when we got actual pics of the game, we also got actual jaggies. It's just a waste of time. What you're seeing is compression, since these images come from a video. You want to believe the game will look like that? You go right ahead.

And I meant I'm familiar with the game's IQ across its development. It hasn't really appreciably changed much over time. And that's the last I will say about this. It just gets me grief and if I then point out how wrong you people were I just look like a douche.

xion4360

those shots look far sharper and cleaner than anything seen from the game in real time.. I wont hold my breath for it looking that good, but it will certainly look amazing.

VanWinkle

those shots look far sharper and cleaner than anything seen from the game in real time.. I wont hold my breath for it looking that good, but it will certainly look amazing.

Yup.

I clipped a small segment out, there's no audio as original video doesn't play any for some reason.

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/11868106/file.html (download it, don't watch their conversion)

Regardless of downsampling it is a thing of beauty.

Incredible. But it also makes me sad because it's unlikely the image quality will be that incredible. I'd absolutely LOVE to be wrong here, but I'm really not counting on it.

Kssio_Aug

I'm not saying it is, but indeed I find these pictures to be too sharp. I mean, usually those screenshots end up compressed a bit, hiding dome details here and there. So it would not colour me surprise if those are downsampled.

I don't want to argue because I remember having the same discussions with people insisting that ND's obvious TLOU PS4 bullshots were direct feed. Of course, when we got actual pics of the game, we also got actual jaggies.

Did we?

It just gets me grief and if I then point out how wrong you people were I just look like a douche.

Maybe because you're already acting like one?

Optimization to the engine occurs at the end of development.

Seeing a release product that is cleaner then a Beta product should not be surprising

Really wish i wasnt at work at the moment. Cant view whatever it is being discussed and no wifi either

I don't want to argue because I remember having the same discussions with people insisting that ND's obvious TLOU PS4 bullshots were direct feed. Of course, when we got actual pics of the game, we also got actual jaggies. It's just a waste of time. What you're seeing is compression, since these images come from a video. You want to believe the game will look like that? You go right ahead.

And I meant I'm familiar with the game's IQ across its development. It hasn't really appreciably changed much over time. And that's the last I will say about this. It just gets me grief and if I then point out how wrong you people were I just look like a douche.

I know what compression artefacts look like, and I know what jaggies look like. Those are jaggies. Compressed jaggies...but jaggies nonetheless, lol.

Yeah....after looking at the footage....that is definitely cleaner than it has ever been. It looks incredible, but you are probably right that it is downsampled. Bit disappointing if they do that. Why misrepresent the game if it already looks good? I suppose we will find out in a few days.

Lady Gaia

I don't want to argue because I remember having the same discussions with people insisting that ND's obvious TLOU PS4 bullshots were direct feed.

What I remember more clearly is all the people calling out Infamous:SS screenshots as bullshots, only to have the final game exceed the marketing material handily. I'm in no position to know how Driveclub is going to turn out, but I remain optimistic.

garyBig

Is there really a difference in IQ so huge it must have bene downright downsampled? I don't see it. Looks breathtaking, that's for sure, but there's definitely some aliasing going on in that clip that was uploaded.

Kayant

I clipped a small segment out, there's no audio as original video doesn't play any for some reason.

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/11868106/file.html (download it, don't watch their conversion)

Regardless of downsampling it is a thing of beauty.

Hmmm those powerlines look too good which makes me lean towards the camp of it being replay footage or downsampled but that is still noticeable aliasing from on the spolier of the car so who knows maybe they indeed fix the powerlines with that extra aa they said they would add. Aside from that it looks mostly comparable to what we have seen so far.

If this is indeed final code with no trickery or anything then easily the best looking game I have seen.

Hmmm those powerlines look too good which makes me lean towards the camp of it being replay footage or downsampled but that is still noticeable aliasing from on the spolier of the car so who knows maybe they indeed fix the powerlines with that extra aa they said they would add. Aside from that it looks mostly comparable to what we have seen so far.

If this is indeed final code with no trickery or anything then easily the best looking game I have seen.

There's a lot of shadow pop-in along the right hand side rail, it could be game play?

Top Bottom