• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA game for Wii: Ninja Reflex

wsippel

Banned
Supposedly a minigame collection by EA Casual. At least that's what some German website says:

EA mit neuem Partyspiel
Ninja Reflex kommt für Wii

ElectronicArts kündigt einen neuen Titel an, der mit Ninja Reflex betitelt ist. Es soll sich hierbei um ein weiteres Partyspiel handeln, das demnach aller Wahrscheinlichkeit nach von EAs Casual Abteilung entwickelt wird. Diese hat auch bereits Smarty Pants oder EA Playground auf den Markt gebracht.

Genauere Infos zu dem Spiel mit dem sehr fuchtelig anmutenden Namen stehen bis dato noch aus. Lediglich das Genre ließ man verlauten: Es handelt sich - offiziellem Wortlaut nach - um ein Ninja Party-Spiel.
http://nintendowiix.net/news_details.php?id=3701&titel=ea-mit-neuem-partyspiel

Some websites already list the game, but CD Universe seems to think it's an action-adventure, not a party game. I guess this will be the official website, but whois didn't help.

Hope it's not old...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sod that.

This is what we need on Wii:

6t5348h.jpg

papelnabangka said:
Boogie, EA playground and other EA casual bombed. When will EA learn?

Considering the cost of developing casual games, I doubt you actually know whether or not any of those games bombed.

Miniboss1232 said:
Considering the cost of developing casual games, I doubt you actually know whether or not any of those games bombed.
I suppose you're right. It's the only reason they seem to be announcing one casual Wii game every 3 months.

EA can't possibly screw up a ninja game. ...Can they?

KevinCow said:
If you put Ninjas in a game, it instantly gains ten awesome points, regardless of how shitty the game actually may be. It's like putting a large X in your game's title.

Ninja RefleX?

KevinCow

Banned
If you put Ninjas in a game, it instantly gains ten awesome points, regardless of how shitty the game actually may be. It's like putting a large X in your game's title.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
KevinCow said:

Is there a game called Ninja X?

Deku

Banned
Here's my take on it. It's not a great loss either way. EA being the size they are will fill any niche they can, and The meager resources they spend here might have been spent making half of a mediocre licensed game or Need for Speed Gangstaz edition with 100% more murdering for the same tired demo they've been hitting.

papelnabangka said:
The wii's biggest* seller* thus far has been a casual title(I'm talking about Wii sports) the media and general public all rave about that one specifically and less so about Zelda and such.

And I think it's safe to say that Wii Fit will even outsell that. Publishers just go with the flow.

Having said that I really hate the hardcore/casual aspect that I myself and the majority of people are touting. It's very silly. A game is a game.

Arde5643

It will be interesting if MOHH2 can actually be the one of the most profitable EA title for the Wii despite EA focusing too much on casual titles for the Wii and getting little return as of late.

CrushDance said:
The wii's biggest* seller* thus far has been a casual title(I'm talking about Wii sports) the media and general public all rave about that one specifically and less so about Zelda and such.

And I think it's safe to say that Wii Fit will even outsell that. Publishers just go with the flow.

Having said that I really hate the hardcore/casual aspect that I myself and the majority of people are touting. It's very silly. A game is a game.
But I thought Wii Sports shouldn't count because it's hard to extrapolate actual figures on how many buy it for Wii Sports.

Technically, Zelda is the best selling Wii title so far(or maybe Wii Play? But we all know that doesn't count either).

Tristam

CrushDance said:

I'm annoyed at the divide that people are touting (there are so many different degrees of "casual" and "hardcore"), but some of us -- myself included -- just prefer core games. Some mini-game collections like WarioWare are quite fun, but that's about all that can be said for them.

papelnabangka said:
But I thought Wii Sports shouldn't count because it's hard to extrapolate actual figures on how many buy it for Wii Sports.

Technically, Zelda is the best selling Wii title so far(or maybe Wii Play? But we all know that doesn't count either).
Well that's the thing. Most of the big sellers so far are bundled with games similar to Wii Sports that the masses can associate with since they already got Wii Sports. I dunno.
Tristam said:
I'm annoyed at the divide that people are touting (there are so many different degrees of "casual" and "hardcore"), but some of us -- myself included -- just prefer core games. Some mini-game collections like WarioWare are quite fun, but that's about all that can be said for them.
I agree with that. But it's like "Nintendo is not competing", "Nintendo only has casual games", "Microsoft and Sony only have hardcore games" etc. It's silly and kind of puts us in a bind software wise because everyone sees the Wii now as "the other" console that Nintendo said is not really competing and is aiming at a different audience.

So developers look at what's selling well and target each specific platform. Feels like Wii owners are getting the short end of the stick though.

Tristam

CrushDance said:
Well that's the thing. Most of the big sellers so far are bundled with games similar to Wii Sports that the masses can associate with since they already got Wii Sports. I dunno.

I agree with that. But it's like "Nintendo is not competing", "Nintendo only has casual games", "Microsoft and Sony only have hardcore games" etc. It's silly and kind of puts us in a bind software wise because everyone sees the Wii now as "the other" console that Nintendo said is not really competing and is aiming at a different audience.

So developers look at what's selling well and target each specific platform. Feels like Wii owners are getting the short end of the stick though.

Yeah that's probably the case. Luckily the system still has a strong market for core games in the U.S. and in most of Europe, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Japan.

Deku

Banned
Tristam said:
Yeah that's probably the case. Luckily the system still has a strong market for core games in the U.S. and in most of Europe, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Japan.

That's not the case for Japan for any console. The hardcore is on the DS, ironically, it was the original non-gaming platform .

LM4sure

Banned
I can pretend like I'm a ninja and flip out and kill people?! I can use the Wii remote to throw ninja stars, do karate chops, and perform Seppuku?!?! That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

Lobster

Banned
papelnabangka said:

Boogie bombed yes but we have no numbers on EA playground plus My Sims definitely did not bomb.

CaVaYeRo

ram said:
surfergirl was right! @_@

:lol yes she was: 3) Is Ninja Reflex a real game?
Yes, you should be hearing more about this title being developed by EA UK in the next thirty days. I'll just say it is "interesting."

But I think she was after the gamefly listing at the begining of the month.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
perfectchaos007 said:
Another great show dropped by G4. I think this show was replaced by "Cheaters"

;(

Well that wasn't there fault. Banzai was a Fox handme down. So there were only 6 episodes of the American version

papelnabangka said:

No. Only Boogie "bombed". EA playground didn't do standup numbers but the production costs were also very low. Also My Sims did very well and Smarty Pants looks like it is doing well also

Top Bottom