• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far cry 5 trailer.

pawel86ck

Banned
I think the XBONEX version looks a tad sharper, higher rez, maybe 1440p to 1800p........or a bit closer...

To be honest, graphics looks average, and water looks just ugly

IMO even far cry instincts (xbox360) has much better looking water, and that's 2006 game
far-cry-instincts-predator.jpg

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

I always tell myself I am gonna play Far Cry whenever a new one comes along, but then I end up bailing out on the idea. Why this is I have no idea. I think in the case of Far Cry 5 I felt the whole cult angle was kind of cheesy. The Far Cry I want to play most is Primal so I'll probably pick that up when it goes on sale again with all the extra content.

thelastword

Banned

IMO even far cry instincts (xbox360) has much better looking water, and that's 2006 game
Well it does have two modes, so we'll see. I think it looked great in prior footage....The water looks different because instincts is based on an island with white sandy beaches and clear water...I think the aesthetics might be different more than anything tech related, but we shall see..

Armorian

Banned

Water was good in FC3, in 2, 4 and Primal it's weak. Looks like FC5 is continuing the trend, it's almost as ugly as FFXV water.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone can help me here. If I buy Far Cry 5 on Steam, can I play it via the Steam link app on my TV? I've read that even if you buy it through Steam, Uplay has to be open for it to work. And Uplay seems to be a pile of shit.

Uplay just runs in the background, you'll be fine. At least you can refund if for some reason it's not working.

drotahorror

I wouldn't base the overall graphics quality just on water. I love seeing some sweet water, but even with Far Cry Primal where the water was only average looking, the game overall looked pretty amazing. I would imagine that FC5 will look no worse than Primal. Having recently played Primal and FC3 back to back (although only a handful of hours of each), Primal is such a huge upgrade that it's not even comparable (on PC, both maxed out). FC3 did have nicer looking water I suppose, but I'm partial to that ocean color, sort of like your picture.

wipeout364

I love Far Cry but I was a little on the fence with this one as being from North America it loses some of the classic exotic vibe far cry games have. I think the inclusion of the Far Cry 3 classic though has pushed me over to day one.

To be fair to Ubisoft I have never found their microtransactions sobinvasive in their games that they make you feel you are missing out; not like EA.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been watching streams and it looks like Wildlands shooty bits except with ridiculously overbearing and self-indulgent story/cinematics.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Polygon had some info about an Easter egg, but I'd feel like a dick if I shared it. The same easter egg was in FC4 and it had to do with waiting.

I'm probably repeating what could have already been said, but is this game based off of Jim Jones. That's probably what's getting me more and more interested. I have to say, I played all the FC games, but I sat Primal down after 2 hours. I'm hoping this is a smooth ride. No stupid detour missions.

Last edited:

Masatshi

It is really amazing how sharp this game is... playing it on a LG55" OLED TV with Xbox One X... and it burns my eyes out! absolutely stunning!! :eek:
Look at this C4 explosives for example, even the smallest details are extremely sharp:

file.php

file.php

file.php

Denton

That is impressive, shame about the lowres texture right next to it though.

I am still in two minds about this game. I have nothing to play and this seems at least a bit appealing, but then I watch gameplay and it looks like yet another FC3 reskin.

Haha. The bomb is literally the ONLY thing that looks passable in those shots hahahaha

EDIT: Holy Shit... Did they really fuck-up the clone-stamp on those wires?!?!?! And 10+ screws holding on a 5cm square PCB, which weighs... 40grams? This game is shotty as hell lol

Last edited:

Masatshi

you guys are now nitpicking :D the games does really look beautiful and impressive in motion, especially on consoles. I am impressed .....and I am not easily impressed...

thelastword

Banned
In the video I posted, XBONEX is higher rez, but explosions/effects seem more pronounced on PRO.....PC has the same volume too....Is FP16 helping PS4 here? Hmmm....

Last edited:
Top Bottom