• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far cry 5 trailer.

Too good.
Capture.png
the comment section was the best part of that video lol, some are brutal lol

BlazingJ816

Neo Member
I am still not on board with Farcry 5.

I love Far Cry 3
I didn't like Far Cry 4
I love Far Cry Primal

Will I like Far Cry 5?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This game looks like it will have a crazy amount of content. Here's to hoping it doesn't feel like a bloated mess.

I am still not on board with Farcry 5.

I love Far Cry 3
I didn't like Far Cry 4
I love Far Cry Primal

Will I like Far Cry 5?

Why didn't you like 4? I didn't like it because the world was boring. But gameplay was fun.
I'm hoping the world in FC5 will be more interesting.

Linconan

Loved the Inside Edens Gate prologue Movie. Wish it was a full feature.
Already watched mulitple times and she'll be great to watch just before firing up the game come release date.

It's going to be sad shooting up the Cult, lol. I hope there's choices involved in the game on what path you want to take.

Linconan

I'd volunteer,lol
And...you got it all wrong..that blue stuff was just mouth wash for unfortunate people who's limited in resources. The preacher didn't want to get too close to them with bad breath...*cough

Masatshi

mouth wash... sure! :p

I wonder if we meet those characters from the movie... maybe we can free them? would be cool...

BlazingJ816

Neo Member
Why didn't you like 4? I didn't like it because the world was boring. But gameplay was fun.
I'm hoping the world in FC5 will be more interesting.

that is what is weird... it's the engine itself. I know people find the game play almost identical with both versions, but somehow there's something off in it that I just can't put my finger on it. ... call me weird.

I really tried playing it, but i kept returning to Far Cry 3 :(

I am hoping Far Cry 5 will get my interest :)

J-Rod

GameSpot seems to be confused......

"I decided to make my character black so going onto his property and actually hearing him talk about sort of deeply conservative and like sort of gun totting attitudes, that made me really uncomfortable"

Anyone else notice that nobody in this video knows what to do with their hands?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
If the season pass is $30, why would anybody buy the gold edition now for $90? You don't get a discount and have to pay for it all up front without knowing when the new content is out and if it's any good at all.

Looks amazing. The map editor has the potential to be something special.

I hope i can find the sweet spot and have the game look good and run above 100 fps.

I thought Dead Living Zombie would have its own story set in Montana but it seems like its horde mode gameplay? It feels like the weakest offering in the season pass.

Last edited:

D3SCHA1N

If the season pass is $30, why would anybody buy the gold edition now for $90? You don't get a discount and have to pay for it all up front without knowing when the new content is out and if it's any good at all.
Well the gold edition does contain the deluxe edition's digital content as well (not that that's a huge benefit) but also I think all the post launch content looks great, so I've really no qualms about getting the gold edition, which with GCU really isn't going to run me as much as buying the SP digitally on it's own would...

Hostile_18

Banned

UK wise and been digital only I got the gold edition for £63. Just bought two 35 pound psn cards for 31.49 each. I think the base game is 55 so I basically got the season pass for £8.

sunnz

literally went with horde mode for zombies, cheap as fuck. Dont care for it now.
Vietnam looks ok, moon looks interesting.
Still find it sad we are seeing ACTUAL footage of DLC of a game not even released yet...
Sad times.

REALLY should have followed R* approach with undead nightmares and made it still open world with a proper story mode and such just set in the present world.
Imagine the same map, weapons and vehicles as the main game but with zombies all over... Missed opportunity.

Thinking of it, how are we getting so many remakes of games yet somehow Rockstar have not done RDR or undead nightmares yet.
Rockstar are my favourite developers without a doubt but also my biggest disappointment this gen.

Last edited:

Dunki

question: I heard you can not complete the game in co op together but instead only help the other player which then only counts for his own playthrough. Is this true?

rbanke

Started looking into buying this and realized this is the first time for me that a PC game is more expensive than consoles. Prime savings brings the console version down to $48 bucks but can't find a single deal on the PC version. Annoying that the version that has almost no costs attached to it if I were to buy through the UBI store is the most expensive version. I guess that sounds a bit entitled but I can't be bothered paying full price for games that throw so much addon shit at us.

Masatshi

the add-ons aka season pass for this game is excellent I think! pre-ordered the gold-edition (incl. season pass) for xbox one x and can't wait to play it next week!

drotahorror

Started looking into buying this and realized this is the first time for me that a PC game is more expensive than consoles. Prime savings brings the console version down to $48 bucks but can't find a single deal on the PC version. Annoying that the version that has almost no costs attached to it if I were to buy through the UBI store is the most expensive version. I guess that sounds a bit entitled but I can't be bothered paying full price for games that throw so much addon shit at us.

If you go through normal retailers this has been the case for a long time. The 20% off is just too good, but I'd rather pay $54 (most places I've seen like GMG, cdkeys, even humble if you're part of monthly or have a friend who is, offer this for 10% off) for a much better experience on PC.

It is kind of BS that amazon can't offer 20% off on digital games. I'd buy from them almost always if that were the case.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to get this on PC (i7 8700, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM) or PS4 Pro. Co op isn't a concern.

I've never played any of the Far Cry games on PC before.

Last edited:

UX Genes

I don't know whether to get this on PC (i7 8700, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM) or PS4 Pro. Co op isn't a concern.

I've never played any of the Far Cry games on PC before.

I am feeling somewhat the same with XB1X. Framerate is most important to me tho, so I am leaning PC (unless XB1X/PS4P have a 1080P 60FPS mode).

entropus

Neo Member
1.why does there have to be some much text and icons above every player and dotted around, it looks stupid.
2. The gun recoil looks terrible
3. Its looks boring as hell, he flys over some house and kills some baddies in a house? Do you know how many times I have just shot some random guys in a house? A lot.
4. This could be an FPS mode in ghost recon wildlands

I dont see the point in this game, it does not feel new, or improving games similar to it.

Its feels just to samey.

Co op in a open world with shoody gun recoil and overall shoddy shooting mechanics.

Competetion in the games industry is to tough for shoddy genre reshashes not even done that well.
Completely agree with you. It just looks like a slightly visually improved Far Cry 3..

Perhaps someone can help me here. If I buy Far Cry 5 on Steam, can I play it via the Steam link app on my TV? I've read that even if you buy it through Steam, Uplay has to be open for it to work. And Uplay seems to be a pile of shit.

iorek21

Perhaps someone can help me here. If I buy Far Cry 5 on Steam, can I play it via the Steam link app on my TV? I've read that even if you buy it through Steam, Uplay has to be open for it to work. And Uplay seems to be a pile of shit.

Yes, you need Uplay...

Maybe it still works with Steam Link App?

iorek21

Hmmmm. It's a tricky one. I want to buy the PC version but I've read horror stories regarding Uplay (and I really want to play it on my 4K TV). Might just be safer to buy the PS4 version.

Uplay is not that bad, I play games with the Steam + Uplay combo for something like 6 years and never had any problem with it (not considering the AC Unity fiasco, of course)

Top Bottom