• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far cry 5 trailer.

Bryank75

Banned
I enjoyed 3 but haven't played one since... this looks great, might pick it up once I'm less deep in a backlog.

D3SCHA1N

I'll probably go alone. AI companions usually are not very usefull.

Same here for the most part, just because I don't enjoy commanding AI, I just have more fun causing chaos & sneaking around silently dispatching enemies on my own. I'll mess about with them a bit, at least enough to unlock their challenges & get the perk points for using them...

For some reason the Far Cry games haven't managed to draw me in at all and this seems like no exception. I had fun with Far Cry 2, but for some reason subsequent games haven't manage to draw me in. It might be a dislike of the Ubisoft formula or something about the marketing not drawing me in. Is 3, 4 or Primal best to try in an attempt to test if I might ignite some interest in the franchise?

JimboJones

For some reason the Far Cry games haven't managed to draw me in at all and this seems like no exception. I had fun with Far Cry 2, but for some reason subsequent games haven't manage to draw me in. It might be a dislike of the Ubisoft formula or something about the marketing not drawing me in. Is 3, 4 or Primal best to try in an attempt to test if I might ignite some interest in the franchise?

I kinda get what you mean, I had fun with Blood Dragon, I enjoyed the art style the goofyness plus it was just the right length but I haven't gone back to the series since.
The themed dlc for this game has kinda got me interested though.

I'm playing far cry 4 right now. The core mechanics are solid. Gunfights are fun. AI is decent. Weapons are cool. Everything else is meh. The world is boring. Traversal is painful. I wish i had a gyrocopter at the ready all the time.
I hope far cry 5 shakes the formula a bit.

I kinda get what you mean, I had fun with Blood Dragon, I enjoyed the art style the goofyness plus it was just the right length but I haven't gone back to the series since.
The themed dlc for this game has kinda got me interested though.

I forgot Blood Dragon, I bought that and enjoyed it mostly for its aesthetic and nod back to the 80s.

Masatshi

can't get enough of these Far Cry games... was in love with the very first one on PC (I upgraded my rig extra for this game back then), loved 2 and FC3 (best one!), really liked 4 and Primal and I am super hyped for 5 (which includes a remaster for FC3, best. bonus. ever.)... I also think the season pass for Far Cry 5 will be amazing (Mars/Aliens, Vietnam, Zombies!)

D3SCHA1N

Including a graphically enhanced FC3 in the season pass was a big boon for sure, and probably what encouraged me to get that edition of the game. Just over a month to go now!

Just watched some people play it, I am totally on the edge. I can get it for like 50CAD day one or hope I can rent it some time in the future.

Gonna have to check the list of games im gonna spend money on.

JP

Dammit, I absolute love these games but I've just got too many games to play at the moment. I absolutely games where I can just wonder around and do my own thing, they're the sort of game I'll be returning to months down the line as I'm still collecting all the "bits". I know people generally hate that stuff but it's perfect for me.

lifa-cobex

GameSpot seems to be confused......

"I decided to make my character black so going onto his property and actually hearing him talk about sort of deeply conservative and like sort of gun totting attitudes, that made me really uncomfortable"

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

"I decided to make my character black so going onto his property and actually hearing him talk about sort of deeply conservative and like sort of gun totting attitudes, that made me really uncomfortable"

That video is so painful. They're all so reticent to say anything good about it and the reason why becomes clear by the end of the segment: they're afraid of somehow "throwing in on the wrong side" of some imaginary culture war. It's like they're waiting to see if they're allowed to like it or not.

I voted for Obama both times and the fact that the guy who says "Obama voting libtard" isn't a straight-up villain has me thinking this'll be an ultimately inoffensive, even-handed stab at the Borderlands vibe. It's moronic and childish to be so fragile, so inflexible that the mere inclusion of that line'll mess with your "ludo-narrative" and you'll retaliate by shooting an NPC like some sort of sanctimonious 8 year old on Ritalin.

It's like turning on the television, seeing this:
24c2a19b3f71126500ff5c10dc7707bc--its-always-sunny-its-always.jpg

and checking Twitter to see if it's ok to like the character.

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

Where are these guys located? Living in the south east, I can tell you that there are plenty of blacks who are pro gun and pro right.

Alebrije

Does this game uses the same engine than AC Origins ? Hope so.

Game looks promising , the rural woods setting is great. It seems will be a lot of crazy side quests.

MayauMiao

Gamespot really don't know their audience.

h83Ox0Q.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Hilarious video.

Also, I can't count how many times I'd seen people say on gaf...'should we not like this? is it ok to like this? should I hate this now?'

You have to remember that was OldGaf who have since moved on to... different pastures.

Back to the topic at hand: The more I see of this game, the more I am really interested in trying it out. I played both FC3 (to 100%), FC4 (never finished) and Primal (never finished). It all felt too similar to 3 to me. I am hoping this shakes it up a bit more.

drotahorror

You have to remember that was OldGaf who have since moved on to... different pastures.

Back to the topic at hand: The more I see of this game, the more I am really interested in trying it out. I played both FC3 (to 100%), FC4 (never finished) and Primal (never finished). It all felt too similar to 3 to me. I am hoping this shakes it up a bit more.

Yeah I realize that. It's for the better. I agree about the game as well, the more I see the more I want it. Probably not gonna be a day 1 for me though. I was never a huge fan of the series as it is. The most interesting part for this is the setting.

Masatshi

question for those who own both a ps4 pro and an xbox one x: for which system will you buy it and why? I am on the fence...

INC

Just a few things that really put me off of this

FOV is awful
I just can't play 30fps FPS Games anymore
AI looks dumb as hell

Shame coz it looks fun, but more if the same as past far cry games

One of the things I’m most looking forward to when this releases are the player reactions to mechanics that they think are new, but were actually taken from FC Primal which no one played 🤓

Already the animal buddy mechanics (all the way down to the petting) and the way you chuck spades at people like spears are direct rips.

trikster40

I loved Far Cry 4. It's one of the few PS4 games that I've gotten 100% completion on so I'm definitely picking up 5. Did any of you play Primal? Is it any good? I've thought about getting it but I'm not sure if I like the idea of only using a bow and arrow and a melee weapon for the entire game.

Primal was good but wore its welcome out by the time I was done. I got the plat which was a little grindy.

Top Bottom