• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Female Character revealed for Tekken 7

That concept art is just Megan Fox.

Megan-Fox1.jpg

RocBase

No. It's a heart with an arrow through it, and some plant stuff.

Better pic:

http://i.imgur.com/9QQ5w6s.png[IMG]

The Mad Catz logo is just there because they're hosting the stream.[/QUOTE]

lol would've been hilarious if it actually was a madcatz tattoo

Christie/Miguel lovechild, hopefully replacing Christie/Miguel.

I would have preferred a beautiful black African female, but whatever, when it comes to character roster, all I really care for is Nina anyways.

I'm glad to see another real-life fighting style, though. With so many styles to choose from, Tekken really doesn't need any of the Lili crap.

You just have to love Harada, showing off his Idol Master shirt to the camera.

SykoTech

Better design than that Soul Calibur looking guy, though I'm not a fan of the visible thong straps.

I want to see gameplay already.

Pachimari

All I want is a Filipina girl doing Eskrima. But I don't think I'll get my wish with this installment either. We probably won't get anymore than 5 new characters and we already know 2-3.

I'm also happy Catalina is based on a real fighting style.

I'll probably stick to my Marshall Law even though I admit I'll look for a new main in Tag 2 soon.

Rheon

I'm liking her design more and more, it makes sense given what we know of her background.

Looking forward to seeing her in action at the loketests.

Pretty interesting. Interesting fighting style too. That tattoo is terrible too. Pretty cool though!

Señor Coyote;130869737 said:
I've never seen a female in a fighing game wear heels before.

Questioning the logic of a game which lets you fight as devil characters, juggle human beings and fight as a bear but she's in heels!? Shit, you've gone too far now. That's hard to believe.

Laconic

Banned
The Mad Catz tattoo is enough reason for me to renounce Tekken for all time.

A new character with ho stamp advertising...

That product placement is all manner of disgusting.

Playing with feces would be a cleaner, purer pursuit.

IvorB

Christie/Miguel lovechild, hopefully replacing Christie/Miguel.

I would have preferred a beautiful black African female, but whatever, when it comes to character roster, all I really care for is Nina anyways.

I'm glad to see another real-life fighting style, though. With so many styles to choose from, Tekken really doesn't need any of the Lili crap.

You just have to love Harada, showing off his Idol Master shirt to the camera.

Nina Williams is mah girl, always has been. What a badass. They don't make 'em like they used to.

The Mad Catz tattoo is enough reason for me to renounce Tekken for all time.

A new character with ho stamp advertising...

That product placement is all manner of disgusting.

Playing with feces would be a cleaner, purer pursuit.

Dude the tattoo is not Madcatz. Wear your glasses, people.
Even better, read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

Laconic

Banned
Dude the tattoo is not Madcatz. Wear your glasses, people.
Even better, read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

Haven't seen a large, clear picture of it yet.

Still doesn't change the disgusting stereotyping going down, that underlies the character design.

South American... right.

Rheon

Haven't seen a large, clear picture of it yet.

Still doesn't change the disgusting stereotyping going down, that underlies the character design.

South American... right.

Are you new to fighting games? They're basically built on stereotypes.

Village

Are you new to fighting games? They're basically built on stereotypes.
That does not make it good

Tekken ussually better about that though. Then again they Miguel in his first appearence a drunk in a mariachi uniform. Then again, they fixed it and gave him regular clothes and lessened the drunk thing becuase they got complaints and they felt bad, so we will see.

Nina Williams is mah girl, always has been. What a badass. They don't make 'em like they used to.

TRUTH
Infact, truer words have never been spoken (in this thread at least).
Thank God, Japan, and the 1990s for giving us gaming's most badass girl, the true Queen of Iron Fist!

...I <3 U Nina &#1641;(&#3665;&#10075;&#7447;&#10075;&#3665;)&#1782;

PureYeti

Yes, Harada himself revealed it during an event for Tekken: Blood Vengeance back in 2011. She also wears a bra in one of her swimsuit costumes in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Eleonore Kliesen is her full name.

I wish she had a shirt on instead to troll everyone about it

Subaru

Sofia Vergara playable!

I bet she is based on Sofia, specially because of Modern Family's sucess. I hope her voice actress is someone who talks like Gloria, it would be damm funny!

And she looks like a stereotyped Colombian to me.

Catalina is also a good name, because I realy don't like "Eddy Gordo" (Fat Eddy in portuguese, doesn't make any sense - and Eddy isn't very common here) and Christie Monteiro (why not Cristina or even Cris Monteiro? At least they got it right with "Monteiro")

And "Central/South America" is kinda terrible, because shows that she even doesn't know where she is from yet. Why not "Latin America"?

daydream

Banned
Lili was a beginner-friendly character and she's been my main ever since they introduced her. Looking forward to Catalina.

She's got breasts as big as her head! Does she have a special move where she smothers you with them and you suffocate? That'd be a hell of a way to go.

Espada

Looks fine until you get to the tattoo, visible thong, and low rise pants. Awful combination, goddamn.

The stereotyping doesn't surprise me either, this is a genre that has used stereotypes for character design from its earliest moments.

Top Bottom