• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Info

Leguna

Banned
Here's a very recent interview with the producer of Final Fantasy Advent Children:
Interview With Producer Of Final Fantasy Advent Children

Here are some highlights from the interview:
So it is true that you increased the length of the movie during production, then?

As I mentioned earlier, we set out to create a collection of clips more than a feature film. That started out at twenty or thirty minutes, and now, at the end, it's seventy minutes long.... Because we were not intending to make a film, that's just how it happened.

When will the film be released, and are you intending to release it simultaneously around the world?

We're preparing for announcements about the release, so please be patient about this!

Will the film be released in theatres, or is it appearing first on DVD and UMD?

We do have some ideas about this, but because we're working in conjunction with other companies to provide the film, we can't talk about it yet. We're making the film, but we're using others to actually provide it.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I wish they would just bump it up to 90 minutes and make it a legitimate flick. Wait, nevermind, lord knows that 20 extra minutes would take them two more years.

We're preparing for announcements about the release, so please be patient about this!

Fuck, is this even done yet?! I hope it's worth the wait cause I've been eagerly anticipating this from the moment it was announced.

EBwiz

Tetsuya Nomura, director of Final Fantasy: Advent Children, the upcoming movie sequel to FF VII, recently revealed some new tidbits regarding the movie. The film is now close to 90 minutes long and will probably end up exceeding 90 minutes once it's complete. This is a good bit longer than it was originally anticipated to be.

Even more exciting news is that Nomura mentioned that a theatrical release for Advent Children is being considered. Up until now, it's only been planned as a straight-to-DVD movie. Going to the big screen would be a pretty big deal.

So was this a lie then...?

Top Bottom