• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I have to agree with the people saying 11 and 14 aren't really mainline FF games, the online only kills that (and lack of iconic characters and traditional story).

Bravely Default and Bravely Second: End Layer are more true Final Fantasy games than those.

DKHF

He said it was because he didn't wanted the Battles too difficult for the player.

In a sense I understand. It was pretty chaotic in FFXV, but I don't think they are going for that route for the remake.
Yeah that makes sense. I wouldn't want my grenades to hurt allies so I'm glad.

dramatis

The people who define what are the mainline FF titles are not the fans, it's the people who own the trademark. And Square Enix gave 11 and 14 their numbers and places in the mainline series, so they are mainline titles, simple as that.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The people who define what are the mainline FF titles are not the fans, it's the people who own the trademark. And Square Enix gave 11 and 14 their numbers and places in the mainline series, so they are mainline titles, simple as that.

LOL Square doesn't always get it right themselves and there is proof of that.

They renamed FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 in the West originally, and they renamed a bunch of Saga games as "Final Fantasy Adventure" on the Game Boy so even they don't seem to know which games go where.

GpqZMtL.gif

Zakalwe

Banned

They renamed FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 in the West originally, and they renamed a bunch of Saga games as "Final Fantasy Adventure" on the Game Boy so even they don't seem to know which games go where.

GpqZMtL.gif

Their original numbering is what matters here, not the silly marketing decisions they made.

GpqZMtL.gif

That has nothing to do with getting it right or wrong or whatever. But hey, keep moving the goalposts.

FF4 and FF6 were renamed FF2 and FF3 in the West because they were the second and the third FF games released there. And the Saga games were never renamed FF Adventure so it seems pretty clear that you're the one who don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Eylos

Banned

GpqZMtL.gif

This is only in the west pre-00's, in the last decade they corrected this in the west.

enigmatic_alex44

That has nothing to do with getting it right or wrong or whatever. But hey, keep moving the goalposts.

FF4 and FF6 were renamed FF2 and FF3 in the West because they were the second and the third FF games released there. And the Saga games were never renamed FF Adventure so it seems pretty clear that you're the one who don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Whoops I meant the Saga games were renamed as Final Fantasy LEGEND (1, 2 and 3) and most people didn't even realize they weren't "real" Final Fantasy games until years later.

My point stands.

Pachimari

How dumb are people allowed to be? XI and XIV are fucking mainline. End of.

One can have an issue with it, but it doesn't change the fact.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
XI and XIV are mainline but I can see why someone would be upset about that.

Making MMOs numbered entries in an established franchise never sat right with me either.

notacat

Summer 2014. We arent sure how many people have been working on it though, CC2 isnt that big of a studio and they have multiple projects in development.

CC2? FF 7 remake is being done by a studio outside of Squaresoft? I mean, Square-Enix?

*eats cup noodles frantically*

Icolin

Banned

GpqZMtL.gif

Amazing.

DKHF

CC2? FF 7 remake is being done by a studio outside of Squaresoft? I mean, Square-Enix?

There seems to be a sizeable team internally working on it (in SE Business Division 1) but a large amount if not most of it is being done by CyberConnect2 (and other smaller outsource studios as is common for AAA games).

notacat

There seems to be a sizeable team internally working on it (in SE Business Division 1) but a large amount if not most of it is being done by CyberConnect2 (and other smaller outsource studios as is common for AAA games).

Cool beans, I had no idea.

dramatis

You might notice that the mainline titles stayed mainline titles regardless of region, so your argument is poor and doesn't support your assessment at all.

You tried, but of course you didn't fall in water, you fell flat on your face in concrete.

Ceravic

FFXI and FFXIV were mainline entries in the series, as defined so by Square Enix, regardless if you were too cheap to pay $13 a month to play them. It's okay to have mainline entires you didn't play.

HeeHo

Looks like XV so its good

Although you're fully entitled to your opinion, I'd personally consider that a bad thing for this game. I don't want XV's combat system for this game. It deserves to be more fun than that and less heavy. I don't exactly what Kingdom Hearts floating and spinning in the air bull crap either.

Unless you were talking about the graphics, I kind of see what you're saying.

jett

D-Member
I've got a bad feeling we won't be able to fly around the entire world map :(

Will happily be proven wrong.

There's no point in fretting over it right now. We won't find out if we can or can't until the Playstation 6 comes out, at least.

Widge

I've got a bad feeling we won't be able to fly around the entire world map :(

Will happily be proven wrong.

I remember back from the VersusXIII days a comment that Nomura had toyed with the avatar and world map structure but didn't like how it turned out on modern games. Could well see if ditched for this.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
i sincerely hate the fact that some people have very arbitrary definitions of things.

"FF11 and 14 are not numbered games even though they are because they don't have these very specific things, these JRPG's are not JRPG's because they don't have this very specific checklist of things that don't matter"

After hating ff15 (anything from Altissia and going on), I doubt I will buy this. I fear they might take too much "inspiration".

You can't really say that right now.

They are completely different teams. Furthermore, FF7R's DNA by default will be atleast partially similar to FF15 due to sharing the same original creative visionaries, certain concepts will be shared.

But the execution and how those certain things are implemented differently are what makes all the difference in addition to all the things that are not similar at all

Don't worry, CC2 is a top tier dev house.

Let's just hope that Nomura can finish the game before being replaced again.

Thankfully alot of the issues plaguing Versus XIIIs development are no longer an issue.

Square knows how to make HD games now, they have a great engine, they dont have to deal with the Cell, and i dont think CC2 is going to stop working on Versus to go work on XIII sequels or XIV lol.

Inuhanyou

Let's just hope that Nomura can finish the game before being replaced again.

That's with he assumption that he is directly to blame for FFVersus or 15's troubles and not what a clusterfuck SE has been.

Atleast for Versus 13, we obviously know they didn't even ship any games for the latter half of last gen entirely on console outside of lightning trilogy, so the dev situation in general was fucked

Thankfully alot of the issues plaguing Versus XIIIs development are no longer an issue.

Square knows how to make HD games now, they have a great engine, they dont have to deal with the Cell, and i dont think CC2 is going to stop working on Versus to go work on XIII sequels or XIV lol.

I hope you're right, but KH III is already taking too long.

That's with he assumption that he is directly to blame for FFVersus or 15's troubles and not what a clusterfuck SE has been.

Atleast for Versus 13, we obviously know they didn't even ship any games for the latter half of last gen entirely on console outside of lightning trilogy, so the dev situation in general was fucked

Of course it wasn't his fault, but he was replaced anyway.

MrBS

HP numbers a bit high for that early in the game. Considering how much the UI changed for XV 1-2 years before release I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of this. It doesn't make the game feel any more real at this point.

Inuhanyou

Yeah, this sucks. But this is already a mismanagement in Square's part.

i'd rather them develop the game for longer than rush it out and have a FF15 situation where the game feels half made. i think we're going to have to get used to the idea that these games in SE's cycle will take until we're 90 to finish

-Ryn

Banned
Ya know, I'm actually really stoked to see what the stealth elements are like in this. It'll be neat to actually infiltrate the reactor. Always felt kind of easy to get in.

i'd rather them develop the game for longer than rush it out and have a FF15 situation where the game feels half made. i think we're going to have to get used to the idea that these games in SE's cycle will take until we're 90 to finish
True facts

Let the game cook as long as it needs to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bumping the thread with some (useless) info, but hey, I'm looking at these every day because of hype and... yeah, I realized that the circles definitely indicates special moves from bosses - in this case Guard Scorpion's tail laser.

gkC4iA6.jpg

VhHGU2S.png

Hobbes211

This game is coming out in episodic releases, right? How long is it gonna take for them to make up to the first Jenova fight and release it?

Inuhanyou

This game is coming out in episodic releases, right? How long is it gonna take for them to make up to the first Jenova fight and release it?

No.

Parts of the story are separate games entirely. they are not cutting a single game into multiple pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom