• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes211

No.

Parts of the story are separate games entirely. they are not cutting a single game into multiple pieces.

Oh, you're right. I hadn't heard that they clarified the "episodes" as several full sized games and not just mini releases of the already existing story. Well my hopes are now greatly improved for this.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
With all the stuff going on in the real world, I feel like AVALANCHE is going to be really toned down compared to the original so I wouldn't expect them to be playable.

People forget that AVALANCHE are basically terrorists.

A-V-B

With all the stuff going on in the real world, I feel like AVALANCHE is going to be really toned down compared to the original so I wouldn't expect them to be playable.

People forget that AVALANCHE are basically terrorists.

A more balanced approach might be have the same events take place, but with more "oh God, we really fucked up, how much is this actually worth" reactions from team mates, and then have Shinra do things even worse than AVALANCHE. It'd certainly nail home that "shit really sucks in this locked down Cyberpunk slumworld" feeling, and might increase the sense of fresh air you get when you finally escape Midgar.

Bumping the thread with some (useless) info, but hey, I'm looking at these every day because of hype and... yeah, I realized that the circles definitely indicates special moves from bosses - in this case Guard Scorpion's tail laser.

gkC4iA6.jpg

VhHGU2S.png

You sure the circles aren't indicating where those missiles in the screen are going to land? Seems like the way more obvious answer.

Roxkis_ii

Yeah....those screenshot completely killed any enthusiasm I had for this remake. Cover system!? Really? I guess they have to appeal to those western markets. The more I learn about this remake, the more disappointed I am.

A-V-B

Yeah....those screenshot completely killed any enthusiasm I had for this remake. Cover system!? Really? I guess they have to appeal to those western markets. The more I learn about this remake, the more disappointed I am.

Just wait. Genesis (with amnesia) will be a brand new squadmate :D

I see the stupid ass conclusion jumping hasn't stopped.

Interesting. The more I see, the more excited I am and the original FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time. I say let them try novel ideas for the remake, it's a risk worth taking in order to make the game feel fresh. The original game will always be there for fans craving for that nostalgia.

Interesting. The more I see, the more excited I am and the original FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time. I say let them try novel ideas for the remake, it's a risk worth taking in order to make the game feel fresh. The original game will always be there for fans craving for that nostalgia.

Facts.

You don't have to take cover if you don't want to.

A-V-B

You don't have to take cover if you don't want to.

That sort of "do it or not do it, play your way" thing usually only works in games designed for multi-path mechanical freedom like Dishonored or Deus Ex. I don't think that's FF7R's direction.

If cover is a ubiquitous advantage, there will be challenges based around it.

-Ryn

Banned
Bumping the thread with some (useless) info, but hey, I'm looking at these every day because of hype and... yeah, I realized that the circles definitely indicates special moves from bosses - in this case Guard Scorpion's tail laser.

gkC4iA6.jpg

VhHGU2S.png
Nice catch Yoshi!

I just thought they were indicators for the missile massacre about to rain on them.

I cannot wait to see how character switching and attacks work. Especially for ranged characters like Barret and Yuffie. What will their movesets entail and what disadvantages would there be to playing as them vs a melee Character. Probably damage output I guess?

That sort of "do it or not do it, play your way" thing usually only works in games designed for multi-path mechanical freedom like Dishonored or Deus Ex. I don't think that's FF7R's direction.

If cover is a ubiquitous advantage, there will be challenges based around it.
I imagine it will probably be advantageous to use if you're infiltrating a place and that's about it. Perhaps there will be more opportunities to do so outside of Midgard too? I just that if they're adding more stealth elements into the game it's more in depth and fun than FFXV's implementation. That was so pointless and tacked on.

raven777

Small bit of FF7 remake related interview on this week's famitsu

-Seems there was some mistranslation in Magic interview, Nomura reiterates that remake's combat system will be based on action system, not command based.
-the screenshot showed Cloud in cover, but it's to show that there are certain areas on the map where Cloud can interact seamlessly, and the cover is something completely optional.
-the guard scorpion battle has map destruction, and some brand new attacks by the scorpion boss. It will be pretty flashy battle.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20010348.html

-Seems there was some mistranslation in Magic interview, Nomura reiterates that remake's combat system will be based on action system, not command based.

-the screenshot showed Cloud in cover, but it's to show that there are certain areas on the map where Cloud can interact seamlessly, and the cover is something completely optional.
Good. Hopefully people will stop bugging him over it. We've known it since 2015.

Twookie

-the guard scorpion battle has map destruction, and some brand new attacks by the scorpion boss. It will be pretty flashy battle.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20010348.html

there it is once again, for anyone that for some reason thought it would be otherwise

these changes sound good to me, cannot wait for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom