• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV gameplay footage from Active Time Report

raven777

"gameplay"
CLqTn3OXAAABOBr.jpg:orig

udivision

I think Square made the right move in skipping E3 wit FFXV, but it would've been smarter to further delay the Marketing Campaign Reboot until they could have a solid, professional plan for it.

I don't think this behind the scenes-esque dealie works well for a big, epic RPG.

Godcannon

Well at least we know that Ramuh won't be summoned every time you're dying right?

Yeah not sure about that little bail out effect. Boss in the demo went from killing me with almost full health to instadead. Feels cheap.

As far as this footage. Not looking like anything significant, but graphics are still impressive.

Famassu

Tabata really needs to get a few lessons from Nomura on how to market his own games. . A trailer where you spend (over?) a minute watching a father hold his son and another trailer with a minute of walking are not good ways to showcase a game. The Malboro fight is the kind of thing you send to IGN or somewhere and they put it up for some free marketing.

Elios83

I think Square made the right move in skipping E3 wit FFXV, but it would've been smarter to further delay the Marketing Campaign Reboot until they could have a solid, professional plan for it.

I don't think this behind the scenes-esque dealie works well for a big, epic RPG.

They should have skipped Gamescom as well.
At this point people just want a release date and footage from something that can be considered feature complete (so at least alpha).
They can't afford to continue to say "we don't know yet, we can't promise, please look forward to the future for further details".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah. I do appreciate the development transparency, but at the same time, it only magnifies how little they seemingly have done so far.

They're pretty much doing transparent development wrong. Instead of showing what they've done and how it's progressing they're only talking about what they've cut and what they're experimenting with.

artsi

Well, that's often how it goes when you encounter Marlboros in FF if you're not prepared.

It should have gone like Gladio getting confused and beating the crap out of everyone else, then off himself.

That's the way most Marlboro fights go for me.

-Horizon-

Was gonna say I've seen enough hentai to know where that was going.

But that really wasn't much. Environments look nice I guess.

Kieli

Can't believe they wasted manpower and development resources scrapping together this demo where time could have been better spent actually developing the game.

Entire units have to be pulled off of main dev to work on vertical slices for things like E3.

I'll give credit where credit is due though: what they showed is believable as far as the final product we see. Not too much bullshit as far as using 4x Titan Z's to render their trailer/gameplay footage.

Top Bottom