• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV gameplay footage from Active Time Report

Arkeband

Banned
@OP: (and anyone else making this mistake)

It's Malboro, not Marlboro. Marlboro is a cigarette brand, Malboro (think Mal = Bad) is the baddie.

Why is this mainline FF game being marketed like some low budget indy title?!

Inline with how the first Marlboro encounter should go. :)

Well, that's often how it goes when you encounter Marlboros in FF if you're not prepared. (I guess Tabata wasn't pepared.)

It wasn't even like in the games where Malboro is a serious threat. It looked like the animation that spawned him sent him to the critical state and he dies as soon as it does bad breath. It didn't look like he even got hit by a status.

In Final Fantasy X or VIII you would die from your whole party being filled with status ailments. One would be asleep, confused, and poisoned, one would be berserk, but blind, and the other would be confused, poisoned, silence, and blinded. You would die from your confused party member killing your party members and them himself as the Malboro just sits and watches while occasionally throwing out the physical attack that you pray hits your confused or sleep member so you can get the hell out of there.

benzy

snsuuxejuv.gif

Pagusas

Elden Member
.... Even 13 looked promising in all its early press material, this is the first (mainland) FF that I just can not generate hype for. The trailer today was horrible, all the other trailers have been horrible, the demo was awful, and everything released up until now has looked rough, crappy and making you wonder who the hell ok'd its release.

I just dont get it, where is the polish and flare we expect from a FF?

Look at how amazingly well done the FF7r trailer was, they knew how to speak to the audiance and everything looked polished and tight. Yes it was a CG trailer, but the direction was spot on. Now look at the FF15 trailer today. It was pure trash in comparison. WTF.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm not one of those people that usually notices poor framerate, like ever. But even I noticed how this was pretty rough.

Between this and the Final Fantasy VII Remake, we aren't getting a new Final Fantasy game in the next decade or so...are we? Lol

It's just hard for me to stay continuously excited about this project. Crossing my fingers that the next showing is stronger.

Rad-

I wonder if Bad Breath actually instakills in this or were they just low on health. I also wonder if there's any Blue Mage-ry in this game as Bad Breath is one of my favorite blue magic.

Muffdraul

It wasn't even like in the games where Malboro is a serious threat. It looked like the animation that spawned him sent him to the critical state and he dies as soon as it does bad breath. It didn't look like he even got hit by a status.

In Final Fantasy X or VIII you would die from your whole party being filled with status ailments. One would be asleep, confused, and poisoned, one would be berserk, but blind, and the other would be confused, poisoned, silence, and blinded. You would die from your confused party member killing your party members and them himself as the Malboro just sits and watches while occasionally throwing out the physical attack that you pray hits your confused or sleep member so you can get the hell out of there.

That's what I was referring to. Historically, standard procedure for a Marlboro is to hit the entire party with practically every nasty status in the book, giving you no chance to do anything except watch your party die of poison, attacking each other, etc.

Shizuka

I wonder if FFXV is going to rely on FF traditions and lore or if they're just going to be *wink wink* moments throughout the game.

Shenmue

Banned
I wish SE would make some 2D FF games again. Maybe they could alternate: XV is AAA 3D, XVI is some kind of 2D callback to VI, XVII is another 2D game, then VIIr, then 2 more 2D SNES style JRPGs.

Would make the wait a lot less painful.

wanders

God that song is getting so old and tiresome

Can't they play a different song

Oh right the games development is fucked

RK128

At least we got some new gameplay of the title :)....even though it really isn't that much :l.

At this point, wouldn't be shocked if KH3 is a 2016 game and FFXV is a 2017 one....but I wouldn't mind that if it means FFXV is a good game (which I have hope it will be :)). Besides Square has ALOT coming in the next two-three years (KH3, Nier 2, FFXIV Expansions, FFXII Remaster, Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, FFVII Remake, ect), so that is more then enough to tide over the wait for FFXV.

Just hope by TGS 2015 or at the latest E3 2016 we get something substantial for the game shown off, as the game still looks very rough despite its very long development and platform shift to PS4/X1.

At least we know the game is coming and it isn't in developmental limbo anymore, so that is great news in my book :).

Soriku

Has anyone brought up to Tabata that the camera is a bit too close to Noctis? I would like to be able to see more of the vistas.

Also I really hope the battles don't end up being sluggish and tedious in the full game...

Yes, frame rate is bad. But, the new area looks really nice, and Malboro looks fantastic.

Yep; the new area looks incredibly cool, and that Malboro is beautiful! The frame rate made me a little nervous, but I'll optimistically interpret that as a sign that it's running either on a console or a reasonably specced computer (as opposed to some of the post-TGS 2014 footage which looked way better than what was actually available in Duscae and was likely running on a high-end PC). A lot of performance updates can come towards the end, anyway.

Just really hope they hit 1080p30! If they have to stick to 900p, then they really need to get the frame rate stable.

TransTrender

Gold Member
What is a traditional FF? like FF4, 9 and 12? FF6, 7 & 8?
Mainline up to 10...and to an extent X-2.
12 was definitely a new direction and couldn't stomach the lack of story, music, interesting characters, and compelling gameplay. Hopefully in the remake they can add some of that stuff back in.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Mainline up to 10...and to an extent X-2.
12 was definitely a new direction and couldn't stomach the lack of story, music, interesting characters, and compelling gameplay. Hopefully in the remake they can add some of that stuff back in.

ah so you mean in terms of story/pacing/quality.

Yes I agree with you, 12 is where it turned to shit.

Wagram

...and this is why developers only show you professionally tuned trailers.

Don't ask for things you can't handle.

Top Bottom