• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games On Old Systems

lo zaffo

That's insane, a new Game Gear game in 2020! However, I do think that 8-bit machines struggle a little with that genre, as there are just too many sprites flying around. On the other hand, this new game does look pretty solid from the trailer:

I suppose making it 8 bit means you don't have to spend as much time doing the graphics, given how much more simple they are. They should release a Game Gear physical version too.
I even ranted for a MSX2+ version/port since Aleste is big on MSX legacy domains right after Sega/Atlus official twitter very announcement!!

Bullet Club

Here's a new Game Boy game:

• 8-bit classic point and click adventure for Nintendo Game Boy.
  • Take on the role of a hand which has to solve different mysteries to find its body.
  • Inspired by classic adventures if the 90’s such as Maniac Mansion.
  • Available in both Western and Japanese cartridges packed in regional specific boxes with manual.
  • Compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.

Bullet Club

Video sponsored by Barclays. In a brand new series made by possible by support from Barclays, Digital Foundry tells developer stories that might not otherwise have been told. In this special episode, John Linneman talks to Bitmap Bureau and Big Evil Corp about how they created the brand new Sega Mega Drive/Genesis titles Xeno Crisis and Tanglewood.

Bullet Club

Dragonborne
Systems: Game Boy, GBC, GBA
Developer: Spacebot Interactive
Release Date: January 2021 (pre-orders open now)
Price: $54.73/£42/€46.46 (less for cart only or ROM only)

NayPjbZ.png

7NbO6PG.png

Features
  • Brand new adventure RPG for Game Boy.
  • Travel through the region of Argon as Kris, in search of your missing father Kurtis, the greatest dragon slayer the region has ever known.
  • Turn based battle system.
  • Various mini quests and puzzles.
  • Fight your way to each of the dragon dungeons.
  • 6-7 hours of gameplay.
  • Multiple enemies.
  • Various weapon and armour upgrades.
  • Character zapping system.
  • Ranking system dependent on how you finish the game.
  • Various collectibles.
  • Detailed battle scene graphics.
  • Multiple endings.

vVw0gfb.jpg

zplr3my.jpg

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Who likes 8-bit Castlevania?

An all new game called Vampire Slayer is coming and although it's a demo its looking to be a little cracker. As you will see in the video it's a new Castlevania adventure for the ZX Spectrum and I can't wait for the full version.

If you would like to find out more and get the demo you can head over to the link below

It's for the PC so technically it doesn't belong in here, but anyway, you can download it from here:

Bullet Club

Demons Of Asteborg is a new original title for the SEGA MegaDrive/Genesis which will be released both as a physical cartridge for this console and as a downloadable ROM for emulators and flash cards.

It is a platform-based game with some metroidvania elements inspired by a lot of others MegaDrive/Genesis titles like Ghouls’n Ghosts, Castlevania, Mickey Mania, Space Harrier or Panzer Dragoon.

Moreover, the game will be ported on the Nintendo Switch and Steam and will be released in 2020.

Showcased in this video:

- Animated loading screen
- Brand New Footage from Palace level showcasing new enemies and traps.
- Brand new footage from Dungeon level showcasing new enemy and traps.
- New map feature.
- Randomised treasure chest drops.
- Randomised end of level key locations.
- Rare treasure scrolls.
- Tweaked and enhanced shopkeeper screen and shop features.
- Destructable walls.
- 2-button joypad support.

Bullet Club

Mad Stalker is a new modern game for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive released only in Japan in 2020 by Colombus Circle. I decided to import a copy and check out if the game held the test of time.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Bullet Club Bullet Club There is one rather unique game in development by a one man team (Nidal Nijm) who created his own port of Unreal Engine 3 to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is now making a commercial game (10-20 bucks) for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Being based from Brazil where consoles are hugely expensive and PlayStation 2's are predominant there, it makes quite some sense to aim seventh-gen hardware.

Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque
Systems:
PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Developer: Nidal Nijm Games
Release Date: January 2021 (Episode 1, 4 episodes planned)
Demo: Available (Fursan al-Aqsa: Infiltration) (PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
Price: 20 bucks i believe (''I plan to release the game on Steam and Itch.io. The demo is free but the final game will be a commercial game (sold by a very cheap price :p'') (Noticed in Moddb comments section)

Screenshots:

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_9.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_8.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_2.png

Its kind a wholesome given the insane amounts of efforts this guy has gone over since 2009 (When he drafted the idea) and since 2015
(Development started)

Its a religious kind of shooter about the oppression of Palestine and is quite politically motivated (So thats a jikes) but it is looking more impressive by the day. He fakes raytracing in some kind of shader on all platforms.

Because of the content, i am only linking screenshots and the homepage of the engine and not just the page itself - Just to avoid the privy nature of the game itself.

Besides that the author is well aware of the nature of his content and as such PS360 releases won't be official through a store:
I wont be releasing on official console stores for the reason that they don't accept new game submissions, and because probaly they would not approve my game because of the political content. As I have stated on the last article, I ended up creating a small e-commerce site for people buying the game, paying via paypal and receiving the download link on their email to download the game file, then just install on their hacked consoles to play. As for PC version, is a standalone game, just download, unzip to anyplace on your PC, and click on the game executable to run the game, smoothly, even on the most modest PC, as it runs on DirectX9.

Bullet Club

There is one rather unique game in development by a one man team (Nidal Nijm) who created his own port of Unreal Engine 3 to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is now making a commercial game (10-20 bucks) for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Being based from Brazil where consoles are hugely expensive and PlayStation 2's are predominant there, it makes quite some sense to aim seventh-gen hardware.

Systems:
Interesting. Good to see someone still working on the 360 & PS3.

Thanks for the post, Redneckerz Redneckerz 👍

Kazza

Another new Megadrive game has been launched on Kickstarter:

It's a side-scrolling shoot'em up, and they already have a demo you can download and play on the Kickstarter page. I've just played it, and the gameplay and controls already feel solid. If they can get the graphics/music/level design right, then it could end up being a very good game. It's already around 2/3 funded after just a couple of days, so the campaign is going to be successful for sure. At 45 euros for cartridge, box and manual, the price is pretty reasonable. Not having an actual Megadrive at the moment, I've gone for the 10 euro ROM version. Worth a punt, IMO.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I recently booted up the Gunlord X port on Switch (by NG Dev), which I think fits into this category. Fun game and feels exactly like mid 90s sidescrolling shooter.

Bullet Club Bullet Club There is one rather unique game in development by a one man team (Nidal Nijm) who created his own port of Unreal Engine 3 to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is now making a commercial game (10-20 bucks) for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Being based from Brazil where consoles are hugely expensive and PlayStation 2's are predominant there, it makes quite some sense to aim seventh-gen hardware.

Systems:
Developer: Nidal Nijm Games
Release Date: January 2021 (Episode 1, 4 episodes planned)
Demo: Available (Fursan al-Aqsa: Infiltration) (PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
Price: 20 bucks i believe (''I plan to release the game on Steam and Itch.io. The demo is free but the final game will be a commercial game (sold by a very cheap price :p'') (Noticed in Moddb comments section)

Screenshots:

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_9.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_8.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Mossad_Office_Update_2.png

Its kind a wholesome given the insane amounts of efforts this guy has gone over since 2009 (When he drafted the idea) and since 2015
(Development started)

Its a religious kind of shooter about the oppression of Palestine and is quite politically motivated (So thats a jikes) but it is looking more impressive by the day. He fakes raytracing in some kind of shader on all platforms.

Because of the content, i am only linking screenshots and the homepage of the engine and not just the page itself - Just to avoid the privy nature of the game itself.

Besides that the author is well aware of the nature of his content and as such PS360 releases won't be official through a store:

udkultimate udkultimate
I'd legit buy this game if it got a limited run physical release. I'm usually against games designed around politics. Especially, contemporary. Since they're more than often used to drive an agenda. But, if its used merely as a plot device in the game, then I'm interested.

Bullet Club

Work in progress video of my Amiga 500 port of MSX classic Metal Gear. Designed to work on any Amiga 500 with 512kb ram expansion or higher. Game has been modified to run at full frame rate. Should hopefully be PAL and NTSC compatible with an option to run at PAL60. Additional features will include Enhanced music and sound effects with option to play with original emulated sound Newer improved translated version and original European version Work began in November 2020, current status is Gameplay code is around 90% complete. Capture taken from WinUAE.

aBYSs just released the Tinyus open beta. Tinyus is a faithful Amiga OCS port of the Arcade game Gradius.

yurinka

Last edited:

Bullet Club

VIC20
=====
Cheesy Trials by Hewco
Underwater Basket Weaving by Jeffrey Daniels
Rainfall (VIC-20) by Javier Gonzalez
Fall (VIC-20) by Majikeyric
Cheeky Monkey (VIC-20) by Gurce Isikyildiz
Jump (VIC-20) by Majikeyric
Submed (VIC-20) by Jason Justian
VIC Snake (VIC-20) by Donkeysoft

C64
===
Fold’em 2 (C64) by Ernst Neubeck
Space Planters (C64) by Wilfred/Martin/Vivi
Oyup! (C64) by Arlasoft
Ghost Busters BASIC (C64) by Steveboy

Download: https://retrosouls.itch.io/gravibots16bit

This is a quick and rough phone capture of still-WIP 'Monstro Giganto' for the Commodore 64, but played here on the MEGA65 devkit by my two sons. Note that the two player version of the game still needs a few tweaks and bug fixes (the current version crashes after a match but I edited that out for this recording) - but at least you can get an idea how it plays and sounds. The final version of the game will be available exclusively on C64 cartridge from RGCD soon!

Download: https://www.zosya.net/2021/02/07/the-dark-lost-pages/

lmimmfn

After years of waiting a fantastic new Amiga shoot-em-up has finally been released called Inviyaa.

2.png

We've been waiting for this release for years in the Amiga community and its gone through several graphical iterations along with level design changes, all for the better thankfully :)

As a huge Amiga fan i downloaded it last night and played it on my old Amiga 1200 and honestly its very impressive both visually and in terms of gameplay. The gameplay is very well balanced in that you get that little bit further with each game, even if you're a bit rusty like myself.

Minimum Requirements:
Amiga with 512Kb Chip Ram and 512Kb Fast Ram( or same emulated on WinUAE )

Release News

Honest Review:

Gameplay/Dev Interview on Twitch

If youre interested in picking it up its available in digital download and physical formats:
Digital Copy Download:

Physical Copy:

Highly recommend for shoot-em-up fiends :)

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Bullet Club Bullet Club I have got an update for:

Fursan al-Aqsa: Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Because the Playstation Store didn't close, Nidal Nijm decided to take the plunge, and confirmed: This is going to be an official PlayStation 3 release.

After #Sony came back on their decision to close the #PS3 Store, thanks to millions of players worldwide, I decided to apply to become an Official Playstation Developer and release #FursanAqsaGame officially on Playstation 3, instead of a homebrew. They accepted my game and now it will be an Official PS3 Game, instead of a homebrew.

Here is the game running on PS3:

Ian Boudreau of PC Gamer wrote a preview statement regarding the game apparently:

"Fursan al-Aqsa immediately harkens back to classic shooters - it always feels dangerous and tense. I'm really impressed with the quality of the animation - Ahmad's actions all look amazingly fluid and natural, even with the game's throwback vibe. This is a seriously terrific piece of work as well as an important perspective that we have never seen in a shooter before."

And then there is the trailer submitted for PAX East, showing significantly improved asset quality.

Imagine that, a commercial release on PlayStation 3 in 2021/2022. For Xbox 360, i guess we will have to see, but it will release on there aswell.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I haven‘t checked the whole thread, but are there people making games for the older 3d systems (PS1, N64 etc), or is it all just 2d stuff? From what I‘ve seen here so far, it seems as if it‘s only 2d games that are being made. It would be pretty cool if someone made new games for PS1, for example, but the only things for these older 3d systems I‘ve seen in recent years are snippets of various 32-bit ‚demakes‘ of modern games (which is pretty cool, admittedly). Even the Dreamcast games that are being made are mostly 2d.

I would love to see new games being made for N64, Saturn or PS1. Like a survival horror game similar to the PS1 Resident Evils, or a rpg in the style of FF7-9. Or 3d platformers like Mario 64 or the Spyro trilogy.

Havoc2049

Besides all the improved and updated Atari ST ports, the Atari Jaguar has been killing it with new original content here of late, with more on the way.

Last Strike (red translucent cart version) with OST CD
DasmXou.jpg

JaMxLlI.jpg

Simone for the Jag CD w/Jaguar holographic sticker pack
pud4PVZ.jpg

LpbN9aq.jpg

udkultimate

Bullet Club Bullet Club I have got an update for:

Fursan al-Aqsa: Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Because the Playstation Store didn't close, Nidal Nijm decided to take the plunge, and confirmed: This is going to be an official PlayStation 3 release.

Here is the game running on PS3:

Ian Boudreau of PC Gamer wrote a preview statement regarding the game apparently:

And then there is the trailer submitted for PAX East, showing significantly improved asset quality.

Imagine that, a commercial release on PlayStation 3 in 2021/2022. For Xbox 360, i guess we will have to see, but it will release on there aswell.

Hello my friend.

It's me, Nidal Nijm. WOW, thanks for the amazing support towards my game. I am not sure if I know you from other place, or from twitter, but trully thanks man. There is a loooooong time I did not login here on Neogaf, because I love this site too much, and it was not easy to get an account here, so for that reason I decided to don't post about my game here, because as you all know, this game is very controversial, and may start some flame wars here, and I don't want to be banned from NeoGaff.

Yeah, my game is almost finished, I have 60% of the campaign finished, and as you may have noted, I changed a LOT of things on the game, for the sake of making it better and more acceptable among the community. With the help of my father, an ex-fighter of palestinian resistance, we changed the game overal theme from a too much religious style, to a more Palestinian Nationalist Style, including the game's soundtrack. This alalowed my game's videos on youtube to dont be deleted, like the old videos. So now my game is kinda 'acceptable' around the web, and the proof is that, as you may have seen, it was already showcased on many important games festival, specialy the Independent Games Festival. Even tough my game was not among the winners, but, having my game forever there on their website, as one of the few selected for this competition, it is indeed a BIG achievement.

I am now finishing a new demo to release on Steam, so people can test this new version of my game, much better than the old Infiltration Demo, and the oldest Headshots Demo. I think until next week my game will be on steam, as I already paid the steam direct fee.

Yes, I am confident, that despite all the controversy around my game, it will be one of the big indie games this year. Ian Boudreau's comment on my game made me trully believe even more on my game's potential. As commented here, the political plot of my game is just kinda background for the gameplay, otherwise I would be making a game on which an arab kills jewish soldiers. But whenever you get to play, I am sure it will remind you of the great times of Counter Strike, Insurgency, and specially, Goldeneye 007 for the eternal N64. Yes, many people who tested my game in private, as I gave them a beta with the first 5 campaign missions, said my game is kinda Arabic James Bond with a spice of Max Payne :D

I wont publish links here, but just search on google fursan al aqsa and you will see all the information about my game, my game's website and all social networks, specially Tik Tok, as my game is becoming viral there.

Yes, this is not just a game, for me it is a looooong life dream which began there in 2009. Since I was a kid I always dreamed to make a game with kinda Arabic Rambo as a protagonist. This is a long journey and too much love and sleepless nights spent on this game (my wife knows it well :D but she is very patient and supportive to me). Alongside this journey, there is my own port of the UDK Engine, which I did port to PS3 and Xbox 360. It was a very hard journey, I thought on giving it up many times, but the palestinian blood in my veins told me that a true fighter never gives up. I am sure my game is something big and very important as it breaks too many cliches, specially the cliche Arabs = Terrorists.

No muslim, no arab game developer had the courage and steel balls hahaha to make a game like this, and I know my game will blow up on steam very soon :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

About the consoles, the first attendant of Sony developers support gave me an incorrect information. Yes, sony accepted my game, but for PS4 and PS5, as they dont have more the PS3 Dev Portal online, so it is impossible to officially release on PS3. But I will release it as a commercial homebrew game, on both itch.io, gamejolt and on my own small e-commerce (for brazilian users, because neither itch.io and gamejolt sell in Brazillian Currency, and as brazilian I can only sell, on paypal, in brazilian currency).

As for the PC Version I will sell it on Steam, even tough their revenue share is of 30%, but it is worth indeed, as steam is not just a store, but a complete game platform for distribuition.

So for me releasing this game on PS4/PS5, it will depend on people's reception, specially steam sales. If this game sells very well on steam, and I have great hopes it will, Insha Allah - God's willing, so I will remake this game from scratch on Unreal Engine 4, and release it on PS4/PS5.

About Xbox One / Series X, unfortunatelly, Microsoft did not approve my game's concept, so I will release it only on the Xbox 360 as a commercial homebrew, just like the PS3 version.

I still did not decide the price, but will be around 15-20 bucks, the default price of many indie games nowadays. I plan to make, on my own, kinda collectors edition, one custom printed DVD-R with the 3 versions (PC/PS3/XBOX360), and a custom 3d printed statue of the game protagonist, as i have a friend here in brazil which prints in 3d many game characters as a decoration objects to sell, so i will make just one edition, show off around the web, and make a google form to see how many people will have interest, so I can produce before hand some units to sell via ebay.

So thank you all.

Cheers from Brazil.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Hello my friend.

It's me, Nidal Nijm. WOW, thanks for the amazing support towards my game. I am not sure if I know you from other place, or from twitter, but trully thanks man. There is a loooooong time I did not login here on Neogaf, because I love this site too much, and it was not easy to get an account here, so for that reason I decided to don't post about my game here, because as you all know, this game is very controversial, and may start some flame wars here, and I don't want to be banned from NeoGaff.

Yeah, my game is almost finished, I have 60% of the campaign finished, and as you may have noted, I changed a LOT of things on the game, for the sake of making it better and more acceptable among the community. With the help of my father, an ex-fighter of palestinian resistance, we changed the game overal theme from a too much religious style, to a more Palestinian Nationalist Style, including the game's soundtrack. This alalowed my game's videos on youtube to dont be deleted, like the old videos. So now my game is kinda 'acceptable' around the web, and the proof is that, as you may have seen, it was already showcased on many important games festival, specialy the Independent Games Festival. Even tough my game was not among the winners, but, having my game forever there on their website, as one of the few selected for this competition, it is indeed a BIG achievement.

I am now finishing a new demo to release on Steam, so people can test this new version of my game, much better than the old Infiltration Demo, and the oldest Headshots Demo. I think until next week my game will be on steam, as I already paid the steam direct fee.

Yes, I am confident, that despite all the controversy around my game, it will be one of the big indie games this year. Ian Boudreau's comment on my game made me trully believe even more on my game's potential. As commented here, the political plot of my game is just kinda background for the gameplay, otherwise I would be making a game on which an arab kills jewish soldiers. But whenever you get to play, I am sure it will remind you of the great times of Counter Strike, Insurgency, and specially, Goldeneye 007 for the eternal N64. Yes, many people who tested my game in private, as I gave them a beta with the first 5 campaign missions, said my game is kinda Arabic James Bond with a spice of Max Payne :D

I wont publish links here, but just search on google fursan al aqsa and you will see all the information about my game, my game's website and all social networks, specially Tik Tok, as my game is becoming viral there.

Yes, this is not just a game, for me it is a looooong life dream which began there in 2009. Since I was a kid I always dreamed to make a game with kinda Arabic Rambo as a protagonist. This is a long journey and too much love and sleepless nights spent on this game (my wife knows it well :D but she is very patient and supportive to me). Alongside this journey, there is my own port of the UDK Engine, which I did port to PS3 and Xbox 360. It was a very hard journey, I thought on giving it up many times, but the palestinian blood in my veins told me that a true fighter never gives up. I am sure my game is something big and very important as it breaks too many cliches, specially the cliche Arabs = Terrorists.

No muslim, no arab game developer had the courage and steel balls hahaha to make a game like this, and I know my game will blow up on steam very soon :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

About the consoles, the first attendant of Sony developers support gave me an incorrect information. Yes, sony accepted my game, but for PS4 and PS5, as they dont have more the PS3 Dev Portal online, so it is impossible to officially release on PS3. But I will release it as a commercial homebrew game, on both itch.io, gamejolt and on my own small e-commerce (for brazilian users, because neither itch.io and gamejolt sell in Brazillian Currency, and as brazilian I can only sell, on paypal, in brazilian currency).

As for the PC Version I will sell it on Steam, even tough their revenue share is of 30%, but it is worth indeed, as steam is not just a store, but a complete game platform for distribuition.

So for me releasing this game on PS4/PS5, it will depend on people's reception, specially steam sales. If this game sells very well on steam, and I have great hopes it will, Insha Allah - God's willing, so I will remake this game from scratch on Unreal Engine 4, and release it on PS4/PS5.

About Xbox One / Series X, unfortunatelly, Microsoft did not approve my game's concept, so I will release it only on the Xbox 360 as a commercial homebrew, just like the PS3 version.

I still did not decide the price, but will be around 15-20 bucks, the default price of many indie games nowadays. I plan to make, on my own, kinda collectors edition, one custom printed DVD-R with the 3 versions (PC/PS3/XBOX360), and a custom 3d printed statue of the game protagonist, as i have a friend here in brazil which prints in 3d many game characters as a decoration objects to sell, so i will make just one edition, show off around the web, and make a google form to see how many people will have interest, so I can produce before hand some units to sell via ebay.

So thank you all.

Cheers from Brazil.
Your studio logo has a Nintendo 64 controller. Will you be releasing a port for N64?

udkultimate

Your studio logo has a Nintendo 64 controller. Will you be releasing a port for N64?
Haha, yeah, because N64 is my passion, it made me become a game developer. And, as I said before, Goldeneye 007 is the greatest inspiration for my game. I dont plan to make a port, or demake for N64. But I confess I always had a dream to make a N64 game. Personally, I would love to make Half Life 64, in the future, as it is possible to extract half life maps, import them in a 3d software and then export for any engine.

But in that case it would be a hobbist project, a free game, as I would need to make a total conversion mod of Goldeneye 007, because goldeneye 007 is the only n64 with a complete editor which allows the creation of new maps, missions, import custom models, animations, textures, and the like. So the Goldeneye Setup Editor is the most close of a full game engine for the N64, but as it uses the original N64 engine, just reverse engineered, I could not use it commercially.

Summarizing, if I become millionaire with my game on steam :D so I may take at least one year and make this game, Half Life 64. Even tough it would not give me financial profit but maybe valve could accept the idea of letting me sell this game and pay them royalties, like they allowed the sell of black mesa game, which was developed using half life 2 models, textures and animations, and some custom assets.

At the very least it would give an enormous visibility and recognition for my game studio, Nidal Nijm Games, and visibility is something invaluable, indeed. So it could help my studio become famous, so for the next games I develop, I would already be known as 'the guy who ported half life to N64'

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Haha, yeah, because N64 is my passion, it made me become a game developer. And, as I said before, Goldeneye 007 is the greatest inspiration for my game. I dont plan to make a port, or demake for N64. But I confess I always had a dream to make a N64 game. Personally, I would love to make Half Life 64, in the future, as it is possible to extract half life maps, import them in a 3d software and then export for any engine.

But in that case it would be a hobbist project, a free game, as I would need to make a total conversion mod of Goldeneye 007, because goldeneye 007 is the only n64 with a complete editor which allows the creation of new maps, missions, import custom models, animations, textures, and the like. So the Goldeneye Setup Editor is the most close of a full game engine for the N64, but as it uses the original N64 engine, just reverse engineered, I could not use it commercially.

Summarizing, if I become millionaire with my game on steam :D so I may take at least one year and make this game, Half Life 64. Even tough it would not give me financial profit but maybe valve could accept the idea of letting me sell this game and pay them royalties, like they allowed the sell of black mesa game, which was developed using half life 2 models, textures and animations, and some custom assets.

At the very least it would give an enormous visibility and recognition for my game studio, Nidal Nijm Games, and visibility is something invaluable, indeed. So it could help my studio become famous, so for the next games I develop, I would already be known as 'the guy who ported half life to N64'
Awesome man, I look forward to your game. Anything that has inspiration from Goldeneye and Insurgency is a winner in my book.

I too am an N64 guy.

Keep up the great work man.

udkultimate

Awesome man, I look forward to your game. Anything that has inspiration from Goldeneye and Insurgency is a winner in my book.

I too am an N64 guy.

Keep up the great work man.
Cool, so another N64 Brother :D. Yep even one of the steam demo maps I modelled over Bunker 2 Map. Just go to my game's page on either moddb or indiedb, on the images you will see this new map. Please, play the steam demo, once I release it, I am sure you wont regret.

My game has the ability to change at anytime from 1st person view to 3rd person view. The first person view is 100% goldeneye, both on the lack of hand models holding the guns, to the reload animation, everything is there. Also, even the mission briefing menu, you can see GE inspiration, like this one here

mission_briefing_5_final.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Iron_Dome_Control_Center_11.png

Fursan_al-Aqsa_-_Showcase_Iron_Dome_Control_Center_4.png

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Hello my friend.

If the controverse is set to a story that makes sense, it might be less controversial than say, Six Days in Fallujah.

Having said that; No we don't know each other, but i know your project from since you had the idea to port UDK over to PS360 - Which sounded absolutely ridiculous to me. But you did it.

Then you said: Well, i will make a game with this for PS360 and PC and again it sounded completely ridiculous to me.

But here you are. And the game is going from cheesy alpha to something that actually resembles a quality game.

Doing all that + making a game is more than most developers do, so color me impressed.

As for your mention to make Half-Life 64: Well, that also sounds completely ridiculous.

But i have learned from your journey that if anyone was going to attempt that, it would be you. And using the Goldeneye engine, you may well have a winner upon you.

udkultimate

If the controverse is set to a story that makes sense, it might be less controversial than say, Six Days in Fallujah.

Having said that; No we don't know each other, but i know your project from since you had the idea to port UDK over to PS360 - Which sounded absolutely ridiculous to me. But you did it.

Then you said: Well, i will make a game with this for PS360 and PC and again it sounded completely ridiculous to me.

But here you are. And the game is going from cheesy alpha to something that actually resembles a quality game.

Doing all that + making a game is more than most developers do, so color me impressed.

As for your mention to make Half-Life 64: Well, that also sounds completely ridiculous.

But i have learned from your journey that if anyone was going to attempt that, it would be you. And using the Goldeneye engine, you may well have a winner upon you.
About Half Life 64, yeah, don't doubt it :messenger_beaming:, I will indeed make it in the future. I know it is not impossible, because many maps from Counter Strike 1.6 were ported to Goldeneye 007 N64 as custom maps:

And Half Life 1 runs on the same engine as CS 1.6 (GoldSrc). This will be a free game, but, at least for my own self-pleasure :messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming: I may even make a real cartridge of the game, and run on my old N64 console. As it was my dream, since a kid, to make an N64 game. Whenever a teenager, I dreamed working at Nintendo to develop N64 games. Now I dont dream working on any studio except on my own NIDAL NIJM GAMES, but I still have that childish dream of making an N64 game.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
There are so many new releases on old 8 and 16bit systems which surpass the official releases, so I wonder if we'll ever see indie PSX games better than GT and Tekken.

Bullet Club

Features:
  • 18 different tracks
  • 3 different stages
  • Up to 4 human players
  • Computer racers with different racing styles
  • Shop to upgrade your car or buy powerups
  • Thumping soundtrack by Kamil 'Jammer' Wolnikowski
  • Progress automatically saved to cartridge
  • Fully PAL & NTSC compatible

Bullet Club

Anguna: Scourge of the Goblin King is a NEW for the Nintendo Entertainment System that is heavily inspired by the Legend of Zelda. The game is launching in 2021 and I was given an early copy to review.

Is this the new Zelda-like experience you've been waiting for?

Top Bottom