• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Greatness awaits Videos

VanWinkle

What's the word on YouTube uploading through the share button?

Not at launch. Hopefully the next firmware update.

Quick question, does anyone know if we can take screens without having to bring up the Share menu? It would be nice if we could just tap it to save a screen then hold to actually upload.

There is a voice command to take a picture, and, ALLEGEDLY, the Share button will be multi-function; meaning, one tap could be to take a screenshot, double tap to start a video recording, and hold the button down to go to the Share menu.

VanWinkle

Nice. Hopefully meaning they have said they are working on it?

I really have no use for uploading to FB. YouTube on the other hand, I would constantly be uploading.

Since they said that, "at LAUNCH", Facebook is the only option, that would seem TO ME that it IS being planned. I mean, it would be crazy not to.

viveks86

Quick question, does anyone know if we can take screens without having to bring up the Share menu? It would be nice if we could just tap it to save a screen then hold to actually upload.

There is a voice command to take a picture, and, ALLEGEDLY, the Share button will be multi-function; meaning, one tap could be to take a screenshot, double tap to start a video recording, and hold the button down to go to the Share menu.

This reminded me of something I stumbled upon a while back.

Hold down the button and it takes a screen shot of whatever you have on the screen. if you take a screen shot it won’t take you to the photo so you can keep playing and view it later, or you can view the photo after you take. Totally up to you.
Tap the share button and it takes you to the video editing screen where you can take and edit anything in the past 15 minutes. As previously stated the PS4 records 15 minutes of gameplay CONTINUOUSLY. After you are finished editing, upload it to your PSN profile. Upload as much as you want, it won’t affect your PS4 or make it slower. PS4 don’t give a shit.

Don't know if the site is legit, but it seems to answer this specific question.
http://playstationexclusive.tumblr.com/post/57071396780/dualshock-4s-share-button-hold-down-the-button

O beautiful for spacious skies,
killzone is the best looking game no lies,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
PLAYSTATION 4, PLAYSTATION 4 God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

viveks86

Found more info from PSLS. Apparently this is straight from Chris Norden, Senior Staff Engineer at SCEA.

For Sharing, the PlayStation 4 automatically records the last few minutes of your gameplay at all times, so if you’d like to share anything cool you’ve done, just hit the Share button on the DualShock 4. Every clip will then be broken down into different chapters in the editor. And if you’d just like to take a screenshot, all you have to do is hold down the Share button for an extended period of time.

I guess that settles it. Hold the share button if you want to take a screenshot and continue playing. Tap it to go to the editor and pick a clip from the last 15 minutes.

viveks86

Moxx19

Banned
Can we actually save gameplay clips to the hard drive or do we have to "Share" them to other networks and download it if we want to export it?

Top Bottom