• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GT:HD info - BOHICA included, KY Jelly available for paid download

tjhooker

Banned
http://uk.gamespot.com/events/tgs2006/blog.html?event=tgs2006&topic_id=25005824&tag=blog;continue;1

- According to this blog, GTHD will not be a barebones game afterall.
- It says 770cars/50tracks are included in the Classic mode.
- While Premium mode will see 30cars/2tracks.
- Thousands of downloadable item possibilities after purchase.

The game will essentially be split into two parts: Gran Turismo Premium and Gran Turismo Classic. The GT Premium portion of the game will feature 30 cars and two tracks (one of which is the mountainous course found in the TGS demo). Gran Turismo Classic, on the other hand, will feature approximately 770 cars, more than fifty tracks, and literally thousands of downloadable items.

- Damage, which Yamauchi jokingly referred to as "the homework (PD) always forgets to hand in" will be supported in GT HD. In some cases, race-trimmed cars might be able to incur more damage than street models; a move to appease still wary car manufacturers, who aren't necessarily keen on seeing their models cracked up in a game.

- Ferrari, a long-time holdout of the GT series will be drivable in GT HD. Yamauchi relayed the story of the head of Ferrari engineering calling the office just a few days ago to compliment the team on the modeling they did on some of their new Ferrari makes, a compliment the PD crew takes as a serious honor.

- Speaking of models, Yamauchi was quick to point out that, all cars being modeled to GT HD Premium standards will include both interior and exterior views. Could we finally see accurate interior cameras in a GT game?

Yamauchi was quick to point out that online will be a massive part of GT HD. Not only will things like online racing, car clubs, and leaderboards be supported, but the Polyphony Digital folks are banking on the networked side of the PS3's capabilities to providing a rich, and ever-changing list of updates, upgrades, and additions which will be created as the life of GT HD continues. Obvious examples include downloadable cars and tracks, but Yamauchi also said that regular AI updates will be supported along the way. Two artificial updates are already in the works for 2007 after the game is released.

- The long-delayed Gran Turismo game for PSP should be back on schedule after GT HD ships next year, according to Yamauchi. In the long-term, GT players might be able to use their PSP as a conduit of sorts to buy new items, cars, or tracks for GT HD.

- The game is currently scheduled for "winter 2006/2007" release in Japan and Asia and "2007" in North America and Europe. Subsequent major upgrades would be available every six months or so, while the more basic "marketplace" content such as new cars or tracks to download should be available more or less immediately after release.

042699_screen.jpg

WalkMan

Banned
- The long-delayed Gran Turismo game for PSP should be back on schedule after GT HD ships next year, according to Yamauchi. In the long-term, GT players might be able to use their PSP as a conduit of sorts to buy new items, cars, or tracks for GT HD.

:lol Meaning it'll continue from 5% completion.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
If this is true then GAF will have to find something else to bitch and moan about.

I choose bitching about the thickness of the PS3 power cable! I have a fondness for that argument.

Mrbob

Well it says downloadable items, but it looks like the cars and tracks will be there.

I bet they have limited edition vehicles for purchase online. Something like 5000 only or 10000 only, to make the downloads more unique.

bud

Gran Turismo Classic, on the other hand, will feature approximately 770 cars, more than fifty tracks, and literally thousands of downloadable items.

So the no cars and no tracks was bs?

Surreal

Mrbob said:
Well it says downloadable items, but it looks like the cars and tracks will be there.

I bet they have limited edition vehicles for purchase online. Something like 5000 only or 10000 only, to make the downloads more unique.

As long as I can get full GT5/HD:premium for $60, I don't care what they do online. I only have a problem with it if things that would be included in the game are pulled and put on sale online.

Ninja Scooter said:
i dont' understand? Whats th edifferece between Premium and Classic then? is Classic not going to have the new fancy graphics engine?
Classic is GT4 in HD. Premium is bacially GT5 Prologue.

Ninja Scooter said:
i dont' understand? Whats th edifferece between Premium and Classic then? is Classic not going to have the new fancy graphics engine?

GT Classic is literally GT4 runnign in HD. But now it'll have online and downloadable items.

GT Premium is GT5 Prologue. It'll feature a new graphics engine. But it only has an arcade mode (no GT mode or online mode) as its not meant to be anything other than a sample.

sangreal

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Maybe a mistranslation?

well this is from Nikkei in english:
TOKYO - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. will introduce an online gaming fee framework for its forthcoming PlayStation 3 console, under which customers separately purchase items and features used in the games.

The new pricing scheme will be adopted first for SCE's own "Gran Turismo HD" auto racing game. For example, gamers will be able to choose from more than 750 models of cars and be able to buy them for around 50-100 yen (US43-85 cents) each.

Race course layouts will be available for roughly 200-500 yen. The firm plans to periodically add new cars and offer limited-edition models.

Itemized prices have been in use for personal computer games, but online gaming services generally charge flat monthly fees. Given that frequent users pay more under the itemized pricing scheme, per-customer charges tend to rise .

Ranger X

Sounds better? It's just a better spin.
Also, the game you don't microtransact for (GT Classic) is in fact all the GT4 stuff. So they are basically giving you the game you already bought. OH MY GOD THANK YOU.

Still is microrapton.
And how much an AI update could cost? There's room for some really evil rape-friendly PR there.
Also, full stuff will deliberately be put in the marketplace and ready around release -- THANK YOU... not.

zedge said:
Why do they claim its so difficult to put damage in the game.... helo Forza, Forza 2, PGR 2, 3... :)

They didn't say it was hard, but its well known that manufacturers have for a long time not allowed car damage in their game, especially damage that's reflected in the performance of the cars. Even though they've loosened their grip they still have restrictions on other aspects of damage.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'd probably get it. Sounds reasonable if they really are going to provide significant long-term support via updates and new content that they'd want to make some money back. The content of the boxed game doesn't sound gimped. Better than horse armor at any rate ;b

Gamespot is simply telling us what we already know - Premium will include 30 cars and 2 tracks and Gran Turismo HD: Classic will have over 700 cars and over 50 tracks. It doesn't confirm nor deny if Classic will require you to download the cars and tracks.

Manp

there will be damages but you'll have to pay real money to fix the cars

anyway microtransactions win

:)

The whole GT Classic thing is still rather confusing. In his press event Kaz mentioned that for GT5 it'll have to be a full game because they release GT in alot of countries many of which aren't up to the US and Japan in terms of internet connection. Which would suggest the same would apply for GTHD. But he also says that GTHD is built for casuals and not regular GT fans and that's why they'll be going a downloable route with it. Either way if it is true atleast its good to know that they won't be doing the same with GT5.

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
Damage modeling has been done since GT3, they can't impliment it because of discrepancies between Polyphony Digital and un-named auto manufacturers. Yamauchi has said this over and over again. It's either all the cars, or none of the cars. He doesn't want a game where Fiat's are invincible and Nissan's get royally f***ed up. What I want to hear is can you roll cars yet?

Rabid Pancake said:
What I want to hear is can you roll cars yet?

Unless things have changed the answer is no. While manufacturers have started to allow damage now they don't want their cars to roll and they don't want them to show interior damge.

Manp

Rabid Pancake said:
He doesn't want a game where Fiat's are invincible and Nissan's get royally f***ed up. What I want to hear is can you roll cars yet?

Fiat actually are invincible... i hope they'll put my 1968 Fiat 500L in the game :)

Gek54

I loved GT4P. Hopefully GTHDP is even better and the add alot more autocross courses and not remove them entirely like that other car game.

For which GT:HD are we talking about? Premium or Classic? I read the article and can't find it. And tjhooker in GAF? :lol I hope the mods are keeping an eye on him.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Man, if this is a clarification of other issues, than I am beyond pleased.

So great to hear about damage and Ferrari.

Please get Porsche!

Gek54 said:
021035_screen.jpg

Oh what is that I see? The logitech G25? I think so. ...drool...

The wheel looks like the G25 wheel but the pedal look like they've been changed (the clutch is thinner than the original G25 shots). But if it is then it looks like we'll have atleast 1 game programmed to use that wheel. Hopefully Polyphony adopts that as the official GT5 wheel.

Gek54

SolidSnakex said:
The wheel looks like the G25 wheel but the pedal look like they've been changed (the clutch is thinner than the original G25 shots). But if it is then it looks like we'll have atleast 1 game programmed to use that wheel.

Looks more like they took the clutch pedal off or didnt put it on, see the screw holes?

900 degress, full size 11in wheel, 6 speed gated shifter with a clutch. Heel to toe downshifting: Priceless.

winalot

I want that wheel bad! I still can't believe it's taken this long to get a gated shifter and clutch for consoles.

Gek54 said:
Looks more like they took the clutch pedal off or didnt put it on, see the screw holes?

900 degress, full size 11in wheel, 6 speed gated shifter with a clutch. Heel to toe downshifting: Priceless.

Hmm didn't notice that. I wonder why they still have so many GT Force wheels around? Surely they aren't using those anymore?

But if they are using the G25 its good to see they continue to think forward with the wheels. Each wheel they choose improves alot upon the prevuous one and the G25 would be a big step.

Angelcurio

So, its officially confirmed that GT classic will include all the GT4 cars?

Cuz if thats the case it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

duckroll

According to the interview on Famitsu, the "750 cars and over 50 tracks" are what will be available for DOWNLOAD right off the bat when you bring the game home. Classic has no cars or tracks, if that is wrong, then the Famitsu interview is wrong. The overall plan is to have over 1000 cars available for download by the end, so they'll be rolling out more cars each month.

Top Bottom