• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GT:HD info - BOHICA included, KY Jelly available for paid download

bud

- Speaking of models, Yamauchi was quick to point out that, all cars being modeled to GT HD Premium standards will include both interior and exterior views. Could we finally see accurate interior cameras in a GT game?

Take that *....* :p

Lookin' good baby yeahhhh

duckroll said:
According to the interview on Famitsu, the "750 cars and over 50 tracks" are what will be available for DOWNLOAD right off the bat when you bring the game home. Classic has no cars or tracks, if that is wrong, then the Famitsu interview is wrong. The overall plan is to have over 1000 cars available for download by the end, so they'll be rolling out more cars each month.
Quoted for the second page.

bud

237019791_4d3958ce52.jpg

I guess I'll wait 'til GT5 comes out.

ELS-01X

Banned
duckroll said:
According to the interview on Famitsu, the "750 cars and over 50 tracks" are what will be available for DOWNLOAD right off the bat when you bring the game home. Classic has no cars or tracks, if that is wrong, then the Famitsu interview is wrong. The overall plan is to have over 1000 cars available for download by the end, so they'll be rolling out more cars each month.
:lol if that's true.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Damage, which Yamauchi jokingly referred to as "the homework (PD) always forgets to hand in" will be supported in GT HD. In some cases, race-trimmed cars might be able to incur more damage than street models; a move to appease still wary car manufacturers, who aren't necessarily keen on seeing their models cracked up in a game.<<<<

Damage is nice but what I really wanted was collision physics. GT is supposed to be a sim, and the reactions to clipping a wall or hitting another car are less realistic than in the Xbox1 PGR games FFS. Time trials with the DFP are great, though.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
It's a good time to be a gamer these days :)

But still, no has mentioned how many cars can be raced online?

Insertia

Eh, Gran Turismo has officialy gone down the shitter imo. This is a huge **** you to GT fans.

I just finished watching the F1 PS3 vid and that's what I expected from the next GT.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ChrisAllenFiz said:
What if I`m not online, can I never get any cars?

if you're not online you shouldn't buy the game. that'd be like buying an MMO without an internet connection.

Didn't we used to have all the GT fans writing this game off as a tech demo, and swearing left and right that it wouldn't turn into a real game????

They need to just put the resources used on this into making GT5. But whatever....

Doctor_No

Grand Turismo TGS video:

The video presentation from TGS is finally up on the official site, it was suppose to up on the 22nd, but the official site was hammered and they were having some technical difficulties that day.

Real-time movies are in the presentation jump to 3:20sec mark to see GT-HD is action. The screen shows the car selection screen, models are exactly the same as the ones that are going to be raced.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/index.do?id=373

antiloop

Maybe they want to earn some money so they can buy food while they are working on GT5?

GT5 would in any case not be out before 2008 so...

davepoobond said:
if you're not online you shouldn't buy the game. that'd be like buying an MMO without an internet connection.

Not really am MMO though is it? So it's only multiplayer, with no single player? Surely an uprezzed GT4 would have single player in.. or not?

Doctor_No

Doctor_No said:
Grand Turismo TGS video:

The video presentation from TGS is finally up on the official site, it was suppose to up on the 22nd, but the official site was hammered and they were having some technical difficulties that day.

Real-time movies are in the presentation jump to 3:20sec mark to see GT-HD is action. The screen shows the car selection screen, models are exactly the same as the ones that are going to be raced.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/index.do?id=373

Quick Summary & General Translations:

- Two games in one: Both games will be sold together as a package
- GT:HD Premium is a GT5 preview
- Custimizations for creating your own teams and clubs
- There will be an editor for changing your license plate and personal/team logo editors
- Integrated BBS/voice chat, online community
- GT:HD/GT5 models are 20-times more complex then the GT-4 models.
- a GT4 model would take 1-2 months for an artist to complete, a GT5 takes up to 6-months
- GT:HD classic will have 770 cars/51 tracks/450 items (6:50min mark for a look at the online store)
- GT:HD is designed to be played more casually ~30min everyday, versus 100 hours at once, that differnce, is the primary difference between GT:HD and "GT5".
- Ferrari confirmed, they signed the deal at the eve of Micheal Schumacher's F1 victory at Monza (also where he announced retirement), the deal between Polyphony Digital and Ferrari doesn't end with Ferrari cars in GT; they will announce future collaborations later

Doctor_No

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Not really am MMO though is it? So it's only multiplayer, with no single player? Surely an uprezzed GT4 would have single player in.. or not?

There will be single player but the focus will be on multiplayer.

Luckyman said:
As i understand Premium will evolve to GT5 over time. They will constantly update it over the network.

From the interview he made a clear distinction between GT:HD Premium and GT5. Yamauchi seems to hint that there will be a GT5 later with more the condensed single player experience that was previously offered. He did say the GT:HD package will be cheap in an interview with Watch Impress.

Gek54

Doctor_No said:
- GT:HD/GT5 models are 20-times more complex then the GT-4 models.

If thats a reference to poly count then that would mean the cars are 100K poly since GT4 cars were 5K.

PGR3 is 80K(40k inside 40K outside)

Forza 2 is 40k

Doctor_No said:
There will be single player but the focus will be on multiplayer.

Ok, one last question, I promise. If my cousin buys GT:HD with no internet, will he be able to play the whole of GT4 single player with all cars and tracks?

davepoobond

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Ok, one last question, I promise. If my cousin buys GT:HD with no internet, will he be able to play the whole of GT4 single player with all cars and tracks?

as i understand it, that is certainly the case. the whole thing is a preview, basically, of GT5.

does your cousin even have an HDTV? and he has no internet connection? cause if he has neither, he might as well just get GT4 for 20 bucks.

davepoobond said:
as i understand it, that is certainly the case. the whole thing is a preview, basically, of GT5.

does your cousin even have an HDTV? and he has no internet connection? cause if he has neither, he might as well just get GT4 for 20 bucks.

He has an internet connection, but he won`t connect his PS3 to it, he wouldn`t have a clue how to set it up. He does have an HDTV, but only 720P.

No, I don`t know why he is buying a PS3 either! He does love his GT though, he`ll eat this up

Gek54 said:
If thats a reference to poly count then that would mean the cars are 100K poly since GT4 cars were 5K.

PGR3 is 80K(40k inside 40K outside)

Forza 2 is 40k

I don't know if they're using that many, but the cars are damn near perfect, you can see every little thing modeled on them now. And their interiors are modeled also

evoja5.jpg

Doctor_No

ChrisAllenFiz said:

There are 770 cars/51 tracks/450 items in GT:HD classic, if you bothered to buy every single one, I'm sure you can play them offline. Really "GT5" is suppose to be designed as the single-player experience, but that's not coming for awhile considering how long it takes to make a single car in GT5.

GT:HD will have single-player mode, but from the impression I got, its not going to be like the other GT games where you would get trophys and race driver's license (and win extra cars). Most the events that get you trophys and such will be online. My understanding is that single-player mode will be limited to time-runs and races on the tracks you purchase. According to Yamauchi there will be an active online community in GT:HD with car clubs (guilds), online garages, teams, and quite a few events.

davepoobond

ChrisAllenFiz said:
He has an internet connection, but he won`t connect his PS3 to it, he wouldn`t have a clue how to set it up. He does have an HDTV, but only 720P.

No, I don`t know why he is buying a PS3 either! He does love his GT though, he`ll eat this up

well, there's more of a reason to buy a PS3 than just this GT:HD thing, but that's besides the point.

if he has no clue on how to set up his internet connection, why don't you help him? :lol

davepoobond said:
well, there's more of a reason to buy a PS3 than just this GT:HD thing, but that's besides the point.

if he has no clue on how to set up his internet connection, why don't you help him? :lol

I broke his ADSL to the point where he couldn`t connect any more.He doesn`t trust me any more :(

Luckyman said:
100k seems about right?. They have interrior now also.. and if PGR3 is 80k.

Presumably they`ll upgrade the engine over time too, as they optomise it.I can`t believe the GT5 engine is complete if the full thing isn`t finished till 2008

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Presumably they`ll upgrade the engine over time too, as they optomise it.I can`t believe the GT5 engine is complete if the full thing isn`t finished till 2008

It's not complete which is why this is jut a preview of GT5. It gives you a better idea of what you'll get than GT4 running in HD does.

Doctor_No

davepoobond said:
so is this japan only or is it coming to america

Game will have a worldwide release.

At the end of the interview Yamauchi said will be released in Japan first, when the service and servers are ready then America and Europe.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I don't know if they're using that many, but the cars are damn near perfect, you can see every little thing modeled on them now. And their interiors are modeled also

evoja5.jpg

Hot damn I love teh evo. ~_~

Top Bottom