• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GT:HD info - BOHICA included, KY Jelly available for paid download

Rody

Doctor_No said:
Grand Turismo TGS video:

The video presentation from TGS is finally up on the official site, it was suppose to up on the 22nd, but the official site was hammered and they were having some technical difficulties that day.

Real-time movies are in the presentation jump to 3:20sec mark to see GT-HD is action. The screen shows the car selection screen, models are exactly the same as the ones that are going to be raced.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/index.do?id=373

I can't download the movie for some reason. Is it just me? =(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:
Both and supposedly at the sametime.

In a Gamespot interview he actually says '2007' for elsewhere..they want to iron out any issues in Japan first before launching it elsewhere. He also repeatedly said that GT5 will be what the users make it..that what it turns out to be will very much depend on user reaction as GT:HD evolves.

Pimpwerx

- Ferrari confirmed, they signed the deal at the eve of Micheal Schumacher's F1 victory at Monza (also where he announced retirement), the deal between Polyphony Digital and Ferrari doesn't end with Ferrari cars in GT; they will announce future collaborations later
A Michael Schumacher simulator!!! I always wanted to be him. Now where are those motorcycles? I want to have Michael Schumacher riding a bike. PEACE.

RaijinFY said:
6 months to make a car...

Dont expect lots of car like in the previous GT and expect lots of micro-transactions.

If you look at the official GT site you'll see they've already got alot of cars completed. And GT5 isn't releasing until 2008 so they've got plenty of time.

RaijinFY said:
6 months to make a car...

Dont expect lots of car like in the previous GT and expect lots of micro-transactions.

The GTs debuting on the new hardware (1,3, and now 5) have always had a smaller number of cars so thats kinda expected. Obviously the increased asset detail will chop things down as well, but I imagine PolyD's small army of artists will crank out a pretty healthy number still.

RaijinFY

alldownloadablenn7.png

IMO, this pic doesnt leave any doubts. Micro-transaction to the boonanza...

jett

D-Member
RaijinFY said:
alldownloadablenn7.png

IMO, this pic doesnt leave any doubts. Micro-transaction to the boonanza...

But it doesn't say that the game comes with ZERO available cars...(keeping the hope alive... :\)

duckroll

lynux3 said:
Can we get some confirmation!?!?!

Are they downloadable for free? Downloadable to pay?

Nothing will be downloadable for free. They've already set a price range for cars and tracks. It's all over. Bail out. :p

Brosa

In an event packed with hundreds if not thousands of game "journalists", how hard can it be for one of them to ASK the questions every gamer on planet earth keeps asking over and over again? Absolutely amazing. Or is it their job? Maybe its just about playing games and creating blabbering podcasts on how sucky everything is, i've lost track.

EDIT: Just watched the presentation video for the Premium version.... The horror! THEY'RE USING THE SAME EFFING TIRE SCREETCH SOUND AGAIN! It wasn't good i GT1, GT2, GT3, The Concepts, Prologue or GT4 and certainly has nothing to do with the word "Premium". *Prays for placeholder*

duckroll

I'm surprised people missed this article: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060922/gthd.htm

It pretty much confirms all fears and horrors. Here are the extracts + translations (from me).

「GT HD プレミアム」

デフォルトで収録されているのは、クルマが約30台と新規コースが2つ。

Regarding GT HD Premium there will be by default about 30 cars and 2 brand new tracks.

このほかに、クルマが1台50~100円、コースが200~500円程度の価格でネットワーク上からダウンロード購入することが可能。最大で、30車種と2つのコースをソフトの発売と同時に新たに追加できる。

After getting raped by that, you can go on the network and download more cars and tracks. When the game is released, there will be at most 30 more cars and 2 more tracks for download. Cars will cost 50-100 yen each, and tracks will cost 200-500 yen each.

「GT HD クラシック」

「GT3」と「GT4」に登場したものの中から、750種以上のクルマと50以上のコースをPS3の性能に合わせてフルHD化。これらのデータは、すべてオンライン上に用意されており、自由にダウンロード購入(価格はプレミアムと同じ)できるようになっている。

Regarding GT HD Classic, there will be over 750 cars and over 50 tracks from GT3 and GT4 all upgraded to full HD quality. All of this data will be available for download online at the user's choice (prices will be the same as the Premium prices).

また、クルマやコースをダウンロード購入しなければならないことを考慮し、ソフト自体は「ディスク+取扱説明書」代程度の安価で提供する予定があることもこのインタビューで明らかにしていた。

Regarding the entire move towards microtransactions, Polyphony says that by putting all content online for a downloadable fee, they can truly deliver the software that is simply "the disc and the manual" to the user at a low cost.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! ALL DREAMS SHATTERED! GO HOME NOW! :D

Kittonwy

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm surprised people missed this article: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060922/gthd.htm

It pretty much confirms all fears and horrors. Here are the extracts + translations (from me).

Regarding GT HD Premium there will be by default about 30 cars and 2 brand new tracks.

After getting raped by that, you can go on the network and download more cars and tracks. When the game is released, there will be at most 30 more cars and 2 more tracks for download. Cars will cost 50-100 yen each, and tracks will cost 200-500 yen each.

Regarding GT HD Classic, there will be over 750 cars and over 50 tracks from GT3 and GT4 all upgraded to full HD quality. All of this data will be available for download online at the user's choice (prices will be the same as the Premium prices).

Regarding the entire move towards microtransactions, Polyphony says that by putting all content online for a downloadable fee, they can truly deliver the software that is simply "the disc and the manual" to the user at a low cost.

I hate you duckroll, I hate you!!! Now where is my pillow?
cry.gif

*runs away crying*

icarus-daedelus said:
Just to buy all the cars for $1 each would be $750. F
U
CK YOU, PD.

haha seroiusly. unless they sell the cars for f*cking SUPER cheap (im talking pennies each) then you better just bend over if you ever want a full, complete GT again. What a bullshit excuse from PD.

Mobius 1

Wake up people.

WHO THE **** DRIVES ALL THE 750 CARS?

If I would spend $1 on each car I use on Gran Turismo 4, I'd hardly reach $25.

Norante said:
Wake up people.

but they didn't have any problem giving you all that content before for $50, so what's changed? It'd be like if they annouced Virtua Fighter 5 would be free, but you had to pay $10 a pop to download each fighter.

duckroll

Ninja Scooter said:
but they didn't have any problem giving you all that content before for $50, so what's changed?

Two things have changed:

1) The cost of next-gen development for high-end developers. This is very real.

2) The success of Marketplace. Yes you over there in the corner who paid for Horse Armor, it's YOUR fault too!

It'd be like if they annouced Virtua Fighter 5 would be free, but you had to pay $10 a pop to download each fighter.

That would STILL be cheaper than GT HD at this rate, but hey DON'T GIVE SEGA ANY IDEAS!

duckroll said:
Two things have changed:

1) The cost of next-gen development for high-end developers. This is very real.

2) The success of Marketplace. Yes you over there in the corner who paid for Horse Armor, it's YOUR fault too!

That would STILL be cheaper than GT HD at this rate, but hey DON'T GIVE SEGA ANY IDEAS!

knowing Sega they'd start charging to download moves and attacks.

duckroll

Ninja Scooter said:
knowing Sega they'd start charging to download moves and attacks.

Nah you're not thinking big enough. First they'll charge for different colors, and little outfit customization stuff. Safe stuff that no one really cares about. Then in 2 months, they'll roll out a NEW character for 500yen. This new character has his own moveset and combos, so at 500yen this seems like a GREAT deal! Until... they realize that the new character unbalances the game really badly! So enter the "New Counter-move Packs" for each character at 300yen, with several new combos and moves meant to counter this character's unbalance...... YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING! :D

jett

D-Member
Norante said:
Wake up people.

In the GT games I enjoyed trying out several high-end cars without saving my game, so I didn't really spend the FAKE MONEY in the game. I guess no more free test drives for anyone.

I hope an earthquake strikes right in the middle of Polyphony's office, with everyone inside it.

duckroll

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/detail.do?article_id=375

From the horse's mouth guys!

GT HD Premium:

1. Standalone: 30 cars, 2 tracks
2. Downloadable: 30 cars, London track

GT HD Classic:

Everything is downloadable: Full HD spec versions of 770 cars and 51 tracks. About 4,500 items are scheduled in future, including color variations.

So, do you guys want it with lube or without? (I still recommend a condom)

jett

D-Member
duckroll said:

GT HD Premium:

GT HD Classic:

Everything is downloadable: Full HD spec versions of 770 cars and 51 tracks. About 4,500 items are scheduled in future, including color variations.

I doubt we'll ever see a worse use of microtransrapings than GTHD.

jax (old)

Banned
f_elz said:
tjhooker?
go back to oa

why don't you focus on what he posted as opposed to who he is?

Great news. Now if they'd release shots of what GT4HD looks like, they might be on to a winner. Sounds great. Not too sure about the THOUSANDS of downloadables - why aren't these on the BLURAY disc?

Aw, nertz. I have so many racing games and one of the main reason I play them is to try and get as many cars as humanly possible. I never come close and realistically speaking I would probably be spending closer to $25 than $750 if I was perfectly honest, but this really just cuts down the fundamental joy of a console racing game. I mean, where's the love for the "You Have Just Unlocked: The MK Spyder" and the car is slowly rotating in front of a starburst behind it and you feel SO AWESOME and you stare at it lovingly in your car inventory screen.

That, to me, is one of the best things about racing games. What in the dang, PD.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:

GT HD Premium:

GT HD Classic:

Aren't Premium and Classic parts of the same package? If so, why should people bother with the latter? I dont understand what's going on here really.

duckroll

TTP said:
Aren't Premium and Classic parts of the same package? If so, why should people bother with the latter? I dont understand what's going on here really.

Okay here's the deal once again for those who are lost:

GT HD Premium is the mode which is truly made for the PS3. Ground up, it uses PS3 power and is not a upscale or upgrade of any previous GT. Cars are brand new models, tracks are brand new, everything is remodeled. Unfortunately, it's like a GT5 Prologue package, and only supports single player arcade mode and nothing else. You get 30 cars and 2 tracks to play in this mode, until you download (buy!) more cars and tracks. There are 30 more cars released on the network shop at release, as well as the London track.

GT HD Classic is the GT4 HD + network mode that has everyone excited. For the first time ever GT will be playable online in a competitive network system internationally. The only problem is that this is the GT4 HD engine showed off at E3. It's just GT4 content slightly rescaled for 1080p, nothing more. This mode also ships with no cars or tracks, but instead an AWESOME library of 770 cars and 51 tracks at launch on the network shop. Yes, you have to buy anything you want to use in this mode.

No, data between Premium and Classic are not interchangable.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
Okay here's the deal once again for those who are lost:

Thank you very much for the explaination. So basically it's the online thing that would lure people into buying stuff online in order to play the Classic version. That's weak.

No info about price (of the basic package) and availability right?

actually forget my last comparison of Sega and Virtua Fighter. God forbid if this were EA doing this with the next gen Madden game. "Hey guys, only buy the teams you want and will play with and forget about all those pesky other teams getting in your way!" :lol This thread would be 100 pages long already with the usual EA bashing. This is the kind of shit that everyone THOUGHT ea would do, yet it comes from fan favorite Polyphoney/sony :lol

duckroll

TTP said:
No info about price (of the basic package) and availability right?

Nope, the only thing we have to go on is that it's cheaper than normal, so maybe GT4 Prologue range? ^^;

Mmmkay said:
They confirm that along with AI, Damage Modeling will also be added to Premium in a patch and not out of the box.

:lol :lol :lol

Norante said:
Wake up people.

i'm sure that's true.

you'd need a track or two to race them on though... and this isn't going to be free in the first place.

listen to gofreak everyone, how we react to this determines what happens for GT5.

DON'T BUY THIS SHIT FOR THE LOVE OF GT5.

duckroll

plagiarize said:
listen to gofreak everyone, how we react to this determines what happens for GT5.

DON'T BUY THIS SHIT FOR THE LOVE OF GT5.

If only it were only so minor. How GT HD does in the market will determine the business model of games in the future imo. If it is a very stunning success, from a developer and publisher point of view, if people are willing to pay for what is essentially a MMORPG business model for even single-player games, why would you NOT jump on the bandwagon?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
Nope, the only thing we have to go on is that it's cheaper than normal, so maybe GT4 Prologue range? ^^;

Yeah, maybe.

This whole GT:HD thing really sounds like a market test so that Sony can decide how much they can rape with GT5 without backlash.

duckroll said:
If only it were only so minor. How GT HD does in the market will determine the business model of games in the future imo. If it is a very stunning success, from a developer and publisher point of view, if people are willing to pay for what is essentially a MMORPG business model for even single-player games, why would you NOT jump on the bandwagon?

god this is gonna SUCK. Imagine when your friends come over to play some games. "Hey man let me fix my controls. I like playing with a different button setup."
"oh hold on, i havent' bought that option yet."
**pulls out credit card**

duckroll said:

Good lord.... BOHICA to the Nth degree...

MS, WHAT THE FVCK HAVE YOU STARTED?!?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
To model all of the cars they want to do, it's going to cost A LOT. More detail = More Cost. This method allows them to have this many cars. A nice core selection of cars would be ok. Tracks on the other hand, need to come with the core game, as many as a standard GT would have. If they want to make more after the fact, fine.

Expecting hundereds of cars at the detail they have shown, with the standard game pricing, is unrealistic, IMO.

Top Bottom