• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GT:HD info - BOHICA included, KY Jelly available for paid download

Ranger X

mckmas8808 said:
Does nobody care about this news?

$5 people.

This is the least they should do. I'd buy it. (and i would never pay more than for 55$ worth of shit after that you can bet on it)

Oni Jazar

mckmas8808 said:

$5 people.

I would hold off on the excitement until they actually announce a price. It would be better to assume the worst when it comes to these things and be pleasantly surprised.

mckmas8808 said:

$5 people.

What about the case? Shouldn't that also be factored into the cost of the "game"? Maybe the case will be the cost of the instruction manual and we will have to pay to download the instruction manual.

bumpkin

So why don't they just say it includes a GT5 demo? That's basically what "Premium" is... It's not even remotely close to being a full game, per say, so why make it sound like it's more than it actually is?

ManaByte

mckmas8808 said:

$5 people.

It won't be as low as $5. It's on a Blu-Ray disc, and those are a lot more than $5. It'll be $20-$30 for it especially with GT-HD Premium with it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
ManaByte said:
It won't be as low as $5. It's on a Blu-Ray disc, and those are a lot more than $5. It'll be $20-$30 for it especially with GT-HD Premium with it.

But the disc doesn't cost $20 or $30.

mckmas8808

ManaByte said:
Nice selective reading there. You ignored the bit about it including Premium.

It's one big package. Polyphony hasn't already stated that. He said both will cost about the same as the disc and booklet.

ourumov said:
I understood those "54" included mirrored tracks and stuff like that...If they are different well...I guess I would go for the big ones. Let's make a list !

Nuburgring Norschleife
Special Stage R5 Night
Special Stage R11 (even though I have lost my faith in Yamauchi-sama realizing this is the best ****ing track to ever grace a GT game)
Hong-Kong
Deep Forest (I can pass on this, seriously...I could do it with the eyes closed)
Trial Mountain (same)
Seattle
Citta di Aria
El Capitan
Tokyo 246

I didn't know it was 3€ per track...that's a serious rape but I DOUBT they'll have the guts of charging us 3€ for Deep Forest (for instance). I really think that they are going to make packs at reasonable prices.
I seriously think that one can make his GT for less than 60€. If not, then screw them but if it is a feasible thing, I guess I'll fall in the trap.

That's why I figured $3 as an average. Some will be $2 but I can see the Ring being $5.

It's interesting to consider the idea of "his" or "your" GT. The problem with that is that usually a driving game would be robust enough to allow you to take several passes at "your" version of a racing game, all for the one time cost of the game. I think this approach cuts off a lot of the experience of racing game for people like myself, who aren't all-the-way CarLusters and who kind of like to fish around different types of cars and get used to them at their own pace.

I don't know why this somehow seems more backwards than, say, the approach of Lumines Live. Maybe it's the sheer scale of it.

mckmas8808 said:
It's one big package. Polyphony hasn't already stated that. He said both will cost about the same as the disc and booklet.

You better hope they don't go all out on that booklet, man. Glossy cover and/or interior stock and you guys are scah-roooooed. 80lb color interior? *whistles*

:D

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
DarienA said:
If this is true then GAF will have to find something else to bitch and moan about.

I choose bitching about the thickness of the PS3 power cable! I have a fondness for that argument.
but i don't understand you, that power cable is really too thick! more than acceptable

Angelcurio

I still think that they should release a full retail price version of the game. In my personal case, i live in a third world country and i there is a good number of Gran Turismo fans over here that wont be able to enjoy that experience since ADSL is not as mainstream as in other countries.

That, and having an international credit card (i.e. the ability to buy in us dollars), is not something available to everyone. More than a need, is a luxury.

Wollan

You know, I was really against GTHD before TGS but I'm coming around to it. The whole game sounds very experimental and I'm very happy they are going to improve ai, add damage, extensive online and all that which the franchise has been sadly missing. There's no doubt for me that GT5 will come out summer 2008 at the earliest now and GTHD sounds like a interesting stop gap package that has a lot of fresh experimental content coming for it over time. My guess is that they will charge for content though not for improvements like damage. Damn I'm hyped now, I pretty much skipped GT4 but this one seems to add all the stuff I want (except true next gen graphics but GT5 ftw in that regard).

vspectra06 said:
The car looks incredibly out of place from the road and background in this video, when it shifts to the gameplay/replay cam.

http://playsyde.com/stream_3130_en.html

You can tell pretty easily from the gameplay videos that the reason the cars look out of place is due to the lighting not being in place at the moment, so they don't look like they belong on then tracks at the moment.

Wollan

From an interview it sounds like GT5 will end being a compilation of what they add to GT Premium over time actually so it's all much more elusive this time. Very interesting(and therefor I'm starting to doubt GT5 before 2009 actually).

Wollan said:
From an interview it sounds like GT5 will end being a compilation of what they add to GT Premium over time actually so it's all much more elusive this time. Very interesting(and therefor I'm starting to doubt GT5 before 2009 actually).

Are you sure? From what i've read GTP is basically going to be nothing more than a skeleton of what GT5 will be. For example, it's only going to have an arcade mode. They'll add more things here and there for GTP, but GT5 is going to be alot more than GTP is (or ever is through even updates).

BTW someone on GTPlanet translated another article for GTHD from Nikkei, and more confusion to be had. Apparently it says all cars and tracks will be included in GTHD, and all will be unlockable, but you can also buy the cars outright online if you don't want to go through unlocking them. There will be vehicles and tracks down the line that you can only get through purchasing though. So I guess we'll see.

mckmas8808

SolidSnakex said:
BTW someone on GTPlanet translated another article for GTHD from Nikkei, and more confusion to be had. Apparently it says all cars and tracks will be included in GTHD, and all will be unlockable, but you can also buy the cars outright online if you don't want to go through unlocking them. There will be vehicles and tracks down the line that you can only get through purchasing though. So I guess we'll see.

This seems to really be the case.

SolidSnakex said:
You can tell pretty easily from the gameplay videos that the reason the cars look out of place is due to the lighting not being in place at the moment, so they don't look like they belong on then tracks at the moment.

It's not just the lighting. The car just moves at a pace that's highly unproportional to the environment.

bishoptl said:
linky no worky

p45aam3.jpg

Interior views confirmed! Like I said, it wouldn't make any sense for them to model interiors and not include that view in the game.

RaijinFY said:
Damn, those car models are insane. No wonder why Ferrari was happy with the Yamauchi's work lol... :D

From the interviews Kaz did, they seem close to Ferrari all of a sudden and will be working on more projects soon. Wouldn't surprise me if they get Polyphony to put together some demos for cars shows with their cars like Toyota and others had them do while they were making GT4.

RaijinFY

SolidSnakex said:
From the interviews Kaz did, they seem close to Ferrari all of a sudden and will be working on more projects soon. Wouldn't surprise me if they get Polyphony to put together some demos for cars shows with their cars like Toyota and others had them do while they were making GT4.

Didnt they say there are more brands coming soon?

nice interiors. they need to quit with screens of this game until it's ready though.

what's with all the goddamn dithering? the ps3 not capable of transparencies?

and before anyone flames me. i know it can. i just think showing screenshots of this game is a really bad idea with it looking like it does at the moment.

RaijinFY said:
Didnt they say there are more brands coming soon?

They're suppose to enter into some kind of marketing efforts together soon. Probably some other stuff also. Ferrari's chief engineer also said that Polyphony has done the best job he's seen of modeling their cars in a game.

duckroll

MickeyKnox said:
The work on the car models is nice but I hope the environments are still way early in development.

The game's out in December. :p

But the tracks could still be early in development! Microtransactions come after release! :lol

Top Bottom