• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GT:HD info - BOHICA included, KY Jelly available for paid download

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Resized to show what it's going to look like on my future 720p TV!

44lo101.jpg
[/IMG]

sangreal

SolidSnakex said:
Ferrari's chief engineer also said that Polyphony has done the best job he's seen of modeling their cars in a game.

link?

the OP just says:
Yamauchi relayed the story of the head of Ferrari engineering calling the office just a few days ago to compliment the team on the modeling they did on some of their new Ferrari makes, a compliment the PD crew takes as a serious honor.

sangreal said:
link?

the OP just says:

It was a translation by a site that can't be mentioned here that posted about Yamauchi's interview during TGS (I guess it took place after his stage presentation). Here's the exact quote from that site

Ferrari's chief engineer has said that the GT:HD model was the best CGI model of their cars that they've ever seen.

ram

duckroll said:
The game's out in December. :p

But the tracks could still be early in development! Microtransactions come after release! :lol

no - the japanese trailer said spring 2007.

sangreal

SolidSnakex said:
It was a translation by a site that can't be mentioned here that posted about Yamauchi's interview during TGS (I guess it took place after his stage presentation). Here's the exact quote from that site

Thanks, after watching that new video I believe him, the Ferrari looked excellent

Actually the video as a whole left me way more impressed than the previous videos/screens in just about every aspect

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
sangreal said:
Thanks, after watching that new video I believe him, the Ferrari looked excellent

Actually the video as a whole left me way more impressed than the previous videos/screens in just about every aspect

Are you serious? Damn I'm going to have to download it now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
mckmas8808 said:
Are you serious? Damn I'm going to have to download it now.

Lets just say it looks like those Saab car commercials with the car in the hills.

GT5 want.

Elios83

2008 : reality will be reached in a videogame thnaks to GT5.I said it :lol :lol :D
No joking aside this is really photorealistic and it's a mere shadow of GT5.

Ranger X

Elios83 said:
2008 : reality will be reached in a videogame thnaks to GT5.I said it :lol :lol :D
No joking aside this is really photorealistic and it's a mere shadow of GT5.

hmmm, consider premium pretty much a GT5 demo...

J-Rzez

Those pics are incredible... absolutely incredible... no rediculous lighting, no rediculously over-sat colors... just wow...

Take my money KY... Take my money PD... just take it Sony...

Jim

The new shots and video pretty much confirm that the lighting appears to only be applied to the car itself, not the environment - so far.
Shows off the sexy car model more than anything, but there's no way they'll ship it with such flat environmental lighting.

Rody said:
The moutain in the back is a bitmap or is it 3D? It's so perfect.

It certainly pops off the screen in the 720p vid. Probably a clever combo of 3D and "baked-in" 2D tricks. The hands-on I read at TGS said it had a very impressive look of depth to it when they were playing.

Rody

I'll be amazed if GT5 ends up looking like this after they add damage, enhanced physics and the other cars (5?). But then again, we're talking about Polyphony with 2 more years to go.

Ranger X

Elios83 said:
A demo with two years less of development?:D :D

Nope. That more like "a demo of what is done so far". The rest of devellopement time probably won't be used as to improve this, at least in the visual dep.

Rody

CosmicGroinPull said:
Wow. Especially when it was going through the hairpin.

The only thing I missed was the skid mark when he "loses" the back of the car and accelerates again to take control. But damn, that looks good.

hgplayer1

seriously wow. if PD pull it off they are gods game over.

if they dont do a better AI and physics model or whatever it is that makes you bounce off of walls, then its all pretty much pointless calling this game a racing sim. driving sim I can agree with.

PD knows how to impress thats for sure.

Forsete

Gold Member
Looks like the car is floating on the background. The background looks like crap, I hope they redo it.

Impressive car models.

Animal

Banned
I'm thinking of getting the DFP wheel finally after holding out for so long. For a GT freak like me I shoulda bought it on launch day really. But I thinkig i remember reading about a new wheel coming out to replace the DFP called the G25 or something?

Animal said:
I'm thinking of getting the DFP wheel finally after holding out for so long. For a GT freak like me I shoulda bought it on launch day really. But I thinkig i remember reading about a new wheel coming out to replace the DFP called the G25 or something?

Polyphony has atleast 1 G25 wheel in their offices so they could be programming the next GT to support it. But if you were holding out on the DFP for its cost, then the G25 isn't going to be up your alley. It's double the amount of what the DFP cost when it came out (150 so the G25 wheel is 300).

Animal

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Polyphony has atleast 1 G25 wheel in their offices so they could be programming the next GT to support it. But if you were holding out on the DFP for its cost, then the G25 isn't going to be up your alley. It's double the amount of what the DFP cost when it came out (150 so the G25 wheel is 300).

damn. It has a clutch? I guess I should just hold out till i have enough money to heal & toe my way around Grand Valley Speedway.

Animal said:
damn. It has a clutch? I guess I should just hold out till i have enough money to heal & toe my way around Grand Valley Speedway.

Yep it does. It's very high quality, but it does come at a cost

logitech-g25-1.jpg

G25_wheel.jpg

shifter2.jpg

Animal

Banned
Wow its gourgeous. Those paddles are the real deal. At this point they might as well just make the complete setup with sliding chair and everything all in one piece.

I would buy that no hesitation no matter the cost.

Doctor_No

SolidSnakex said:
Yep it does. It's very high quality, but it does come at a cost

logitech-g25-1.jpg

G25_wheel.jpg

shifter2.jpg

My God! . . .that is amazing.

Hope they sell some sort of frame or a solution to stabalize it (especially the new gearshift), the problem I had with the previous Logitech GT wheels was that I had nowhere to attach it too that was comfortably the height of the GT wheels. GT:HD is really going to hurt my bank account :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I want that wheel so bad, ive been wanting one with a manual stickshift for the longest time...theres no better way to drive. How much does that thing cost? Ill have to get me one sometime in 07.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Luckyman said:
Cars looks insane.

Backgrounds are below PS2-level. But not for long.. :lol

Partly. That mountain is not PS2 level.

The road has no lighting and is extremely flat. That'll be fixed. :D

Top Bottom