• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HOME screens of advanced version

tha_con

Banned
Crisis said:
You might want to edit that. Just saying.

Good looking out, I did not know that...*shameful*

Kittonwy said:

EDIT MY QUOTE!! OH NOES!!!

Honestly though...I'm in meltdown mode. I was excited for the first time since...well Resistance 2. But still, let down TOTAL. Why on EARTH would they make the shirts, showcase the shirts, put them on the intrawebz...and then lawl at gamers!? WTF!!!!

[/sadness and or rage]

Synless

Valkyr Junkie said:
Well, I know the obvious answer. I decided to click on home a few minutes ago and give it a whirl. there was like 1 person other then me in it, :lol We need a new update sony!!!!!!

dTau

Banned
Crisis said:
Do you have any idea why this might be a bad idea? They've been promising in-game XMB for quite some time now. Months even. Rumors started swirling that they were going to release Home and XMB around GDC and they said nothing to dispel it. Now while the event is actually taking place they decide to print off tshirts referencing it and then go "By the way, it's not coming out soon." So yeah they're supposedly bringing it out but I'm sick of the promises and I'm not the only one. If you can't see why people might be just a little pissed off about this, then you're the moron junior.

Pretty obvious you're on the verge of a meltdown because Sony winning the format war so now you're trying desperatly to stir up some anti-Sony shit over a fucking t-shirt.

It's a t-shirt meant for the people at GDC and in-game XMB is coming at some point. So just get over it and move on.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Synless said:
Well, I know the obvious answer. I decided to click on home a few minutes ago and give it a whirl. there was like 1 person other then me in it, :lol We need a new update sony!!!!!!

It's been empty for a while... I was hoping for an update this month.

tanod

when is my burrito
dTau said:
Pretty obvious you're on the verge of a meltdown because Sony winning the format war so now you're trying desperatly to stir up some anti-Sony shit over a fucking t-shirt.

It's a t-shirt meant for the people at GDC and in-game XMB is coming at some point. So just get over it and move on.

LOL juniors

Quite an influx lately.

acabado

Banned
Jeff Rubenstein said:
It’s a developer’s conference, not hardware or firmware, so no announcements on that front this week.

I'm about to enter in the Hype Train,because it's a developer conference for sure,but last year they made some announcements that are made to bring public excitement,like LBP and Home.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wait, so I can put virtual arcade games into my Home space? Will PSN be flooded with classic arcade titles to put into my virtual arcade? Okay, I'm interested now. :D

Crisis

Banned
dTau said:

I'm on the verge of a meltdown? No, tha_con is on the verge of a meltdown. I like how some random junior is telling me that the t-shirt is meant for people at GDC when they're busy taking pictures of it and putting it on Flickr for everyone to see. Is Flickr meant for people at GDC? So how about you shut the fuck up and quit trying to pick a fight with me?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Crisis said:
Do you have any idea why this might be a bad idea? They've been promising in-game XMB for quite some time now. Months even. Rumors started swirling that they were going to release Home and XMB around GDC and they said nothing to dispel it. Now while the event is actually taking place they decide to print off tshirts referencing it and then go "By the way, it's not coming out soon." So yeah they're supposedly bringing it out but I'm sick of the promises and I'm not the only one. If you can't see why people might be just a little pissed off about this, then you're the moron junior.
This is the problem. No where did he say it wasnt coming soon. He said "as in this week?" "debunked."
I know we are in the internet age and everything is now now now. And five minutes from now is too long.

Every just chill out, really. You'll be better off in the long run.

Some of you deserve to be disappointed. Here's a hint, unless Sony says "It's coming [insert day]" don't think it is. They've shown time and time again that they'll tell you when they're going to update something like this.

tha_con

Banned
dTau said:

woooooooooow.

:lol

Crisis

Banned
captive said:
This is the problem. No where did he say it wasnt coming soon. He said "as in this week?" "debunked."
I know we are in the internet age and everything is now now now. And five minutes from now is too long.

Every just chill out, really. You'll be better off in the long run.

Last time I'm going to say this in this thread.

They have been promising either in-game XMB or some type of adequate messaging system for a very long time now. Doing what they did with the t-shirts was in very bad taste if they didn't have any intention of releasing it VERY soon.

Crisis said:

They have been promising either in-game XMB or some type of adequate messaging system for a very long time now. Doing what they did with the t-shirts was in very bad taste if they didn't have any intention of releasing it VERY soon.

Play a game and pickup the phone when your friends get online. Works for me until in-game XMB hits.

tha_con

Banned
Crisis said:
I'm on the verge of a meltdown? No, tha_con is on the verge of a meltdown. I like how some random junior is telling me that the t-shirt is meant for people at GDC when they're busy taking pictures of it and putting it on Flickr for everyone to see. Is Flickr meant for people at GDC? So how about you shut the fuck up and quit trying to pick a fight with me?

Family Guy has calmed me. Meltdown averted.

Still slightly disgruntled and even a bit emo about it.

*seconds later*

Now the Office is on, so I'm completely recovered.

Edit: And of course he's going to keep picking a fight with you. Didn't you hear!!! Sony won teh format warz!!! Trolls be darned, gosh jolly pooper snaps!

Teh good week cannot be ruindsz for pheer of teh Kazinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kittonwy

Banned
tha_con said:
Family Guy has calmed me. Meltdown averted.

Still slightly disgruntled and even a bit emo about it.

*seconds later*

Now the Office is on, so I'm completely recovered.

Now I feel like having a beer and look for my real father, heathcliff.
Indifferent2.gif

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
SolidSnakex said:
Some of you deserve to be disappointed. Here's a hint, unless Sony says "It's coming [insert day]" don't think it is. They've shown time and time again that they'll tell you when they're going to update something like this.

People do that shyt all the time though :lol

its hilarious!

tha_con

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Now I feel like having a beer and look for my real father, heathcliff.
Indifferent2.gif

GAH...Beer...I haven't had a good beer in like a few weeks...trying to you know...watch my health...slightly...kinda...okay not really just finished some Taco Bell...I need a tall Black and Tan.

captive

Crisis said:

Im painfully aware of how much bitching there has been about in game xmb and when they acknowledged that it was one of the most wanted firmware update.

However, they posted a pick on their flickr account not the actual blog. The only mistake, if there is one, is not setting the photo to private on flickr. They should have know sony diehards would be searching the account for anything.

Honestly i really couldnt care less about it, and if a joke shirt about a firmware update to a gaming console really riles some of yall up that much, maybe its time to take a step back.

Obviously its coming soon, otherwise they wouldnt have made the shirts in the first place.

Crisis

Banned
captive said:
Im painfully aware of how much bitching there has been about in game xmb and when they acknowledged that it was one of the most wanted firmware update.

However, they posted a pick on their flickr account not the actual blog. The only mistake, if there is one, is not setting the photo to private on flickr. They should have know sony diehards would be searching the account for anything.

Honestly i really couldnt care less about it, and if a joke shirt about a firmware update to a gaming console really riles some of yall up that much, maybe its time to take a step back.

Obviously its coming soon, otherwise they wouldnt have made the shirts in the first place.

It's painfully obvious that they knew people that read the blog were going to see these pictures. You can go on the front page of the blog and see at least one easily-displayed link to the Flickr account on the right side. Then they answered questions about it and are holding t-shirts for people requesting them in the comments. It's not one picture it's two pictures of the same damn shirts. They wanted people to see it. If it was coming out in the next few days I would be saying that it was a great little marketing ploy. Evidently it is not coming out this week and absolutely nobody outside of Sony seems to know when it's coming. I'm tired of them promising things and having them eternally delayed.

dTau

Banned
Crisis said:
It's painfully obvious that they knew people that read the blog were going to see these pictures.

You're right. Sony did it to piss people off.

Crisis said:
I'm tired of them promising things and having them eternally delayed.

When did in-game XMB ever have a date? Oh right it never did...

If you're tired of knowing about things but not when they come out then just ignore stuff that doesn't have a date.

Or better yet wash the sand out of your vagina and stop acting like a kid.

captive

Crisis said:
It's painfully obvious that they knew people that read the blog were going to see these pictures. You can go on the front page of the blog and see at least one easily-displayed link to the Flickr account on the right side. Then they answered questions about it and are holding t-shirts for people requesting them in the comments. It's not one picture it's two pictures of the same damn shirts. They wanted people to see it. If it was coming out in the next few days I would be saying that it was a great little marketing ploy. Evidently it is not coming out this week and absolutely nobody outside of Sony seems to know when it's coming. I'm tired of them promising things and having them eternally delayed.
Agree to disagree.

I saw the shirt too and then i lol'ed. however i didnt go, omg omg omg this means in game xmb tomorrow!!!11!!eleven

Crisis

Banned
dTau said:
You're right. Sony did it to piss people off.

When did in-game XMB ever have a date? Oh right it never did...

If you're tired of knowing about things but not when they come out then just ignore stuff that doesn't have a date.

Or better yet wash the sand out of your vagina and stop acting like a kid.

Adding one junior who just doesn't get it to the ignore list.

Madman

Jtrizzy said:
At this point is there anything Sony related to look forward to at GDC?
In-shirt XMB announcement. :D

Supposedly NT's next project will be shown, but it's unknown whether it will be behind closed doors. And I would expect a showing from Evolution in some form.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Crisis said:
Adding one junior who just doesn't get it to the ignore list.

I think that you should stop being so self righteous and just take it as a good humoured joke.

I thought the t-shirts are pretty cool. Just a poke at MS execs and to tell people its coming.

These disappointments are simply the result of you building up the rumours and believing them. Sony execs don't exactly spend their day surfing neogaf ya know.

Surfheart

King_Slender said:
Play a game and pickup the phone when your friends get online. Works for me until in-game XMB hits.

Or even better, if you have a 360, start a game of (whatever) we use Halo3, everyone joins then switch over to the PS3 and voila, dedicated chat channel and ingame XMB at the touch of my tv's input selector.

Does anyone think this is ridiculous? I do.

LordK

Ninja Theory looks like they're cooking something up. If you visit their page and forums you can pretty much come to the conclusion there'll be some announcement of some form.

tha_con

Banned
In before PGR4??? Or HSMP?

Look impressive. They would look more impressive if they had a FREAKING XMB OVER THEM GAH GIVE IT TO ME NAO!!!!

Whoops...commercial break...more office incoming!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Rapping Granny said:
Some GT5 screens I didnt see before.
Saving up for a PS3 because of this and MGS of course.

more here.

The new street circuits really show off the engine far better than the usual open circuits.

Great looking screens

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
tha_con said:
In before PGR4??? Or HSMP?

Look impressive. They would look more impressive if they had a FREAKING XMB OVER THEM GAH GIVE IT TO ME NAO!!!!

Whoops...commercial break...more office incoming!

haha, you're just being sore....

Top Bottom