• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HOME screens of advanced version

Crayon

Im expecting a suprise after looking at the last page er two here.

Think about it... If you were Sony and you hijacked gdc last year to huge positive reception wouldn't you try to repeat that?

They say it's some boring conference, then they start bringing out clowns and bears and shit and it takes all of like oh... an hour, for us to catch wind of it? Then we claw our eyes out waiting for the video which comes all of a day later then we're all like "omg What a nice suprise from you! Fuck that's a nice belt buckle, Sony".

Last year's GDC marked the turning point of the crazy ps3 negativity wave. All by suprising us with some well timed good news. I think they'll go for it again.

2277129575_fdd3d7d97f_o.png

2277921792_f3da1de550_o.png

2277921118_2c4a4d2bf4_o.png

Holy penis, Batman!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
HomerSimpson-Man said:
[IG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2068/2277129575_fdd3d7d97f_o.png[/IMG]
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2277921792_f3da1de550_o.png[/MG]
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/2277921118_2c4a4d2bf4_o.png[/IG]

[B]Holy penis, Batman!![/B][/QUOTE]

whoa what game is that?

tha_con

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
I can't keep up with the acronyms anymore, so what's HSMP again?

Not you :p

HitlerStoleMyPotato. I'm just poking fun at the PGR thread yesterday and the PGR4 love fest of 'omg best looking game evar'.

But my trivial nonsense doesn't need to be in this thread.

IN GAME XMB OR DEATH.

Jtrizzy

kenta said:
no, it doesn't

I agree, it can't look that good. and he's not kidding, there is no Sony conference. There is a one for Home, but it's not a public keynote or anything of that nature.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if the US/EU release of GT5:p will be improved from the Japanese release. More anti-aliasing please, Sony.

Crayon

kenta said:
no, it doesn't

Word. The game is a sight to behold but those pics are bullshots.

Look at those pics until you can pic out what makes them diferent than real games.

ProTip: It's the seamingly infinite resolution of the image. Acheived by data throughput that is out of reach for any current console.

Nother fucking ProTip: Anti aliasing doesn't just soften jagged edges. It can multiply the amount of data refected in every pixel of every frame. If you don't understand the second sentence just take the first one as a rule of thumb!

acabado

Banned
Crayon said:
Im expecting a suprise after looking at the last page er two here.

Think about it... If you were Sony and you hijacked gdc last year to huge positive reception wouldn't you try to repeat that?

They say it's some boring conference, then they start bringing out clowns and bears and shit and it takes all of like oh... an hour, for us to catch wind of it? Then we claw our eyes out waiting for the video which comes all of a day later then we're all like "omg What a nice suprise from you! Fuck that's a nice belt buckle, Sony".

Last year's GDC marked the turning point of the crazy ps3 negativity wave. All by suprising us with some well timed good news. I think they'll go for it again.

Same here.

I'm expecting some good surprises.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
twinturbo2 said:
Wait, so I can put virtual arcade games into my Home space? Will PSN be flooded with classic arcade titles to put into my virtual arcade? Okay, I'm interested now. :D
Why am I the only one interested in this possibility for Home?
Indifferent2.gif

Crayon said:
Word. The game is a sight to behold but those pics are bullshots.

Look at those pics until you can pic out what makes them diferent than real games.

ProTip: It's the seamingly infinite resolution of the image. Acheived by data throughput that is out of reach for any current console.

Nother fucking ProTip: Anti aliasing doesn't just soften jagged edges. It can multiply the amount of data refected in every pixel of every frame. If you don't understand the second sentence just take the first one as a rule of thumb!

Those are in game photos, have you played the game? Don't watch a video or look at screens to go Bestbuy and try it there. This game looks that good.

Gamespot Metal Gear Online hands on preview.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearonline/news.html?sid=6186215&page=1

Metal Gear Online is shaping up nicely, and we felt that Metal Gear's usual emphasis on stealth has been swapped for outright action. We hope that Konami adds a greater range of gametypes in the final version, as it may be a bit of a lighter experience than other upcoming PS3 shooters. We'll see how well it can measure up to those titles, including Konami's own Metal Gear Solid 4, when it's released later in the year.

942282_20080219_screen006.jpg

942282_20080219_screen008.jpg

942282_20080219_screen010.jpg

942282_2008

More in the link above.

We should just turn this into a Sony GDC thread and have one for MS and Nintendo.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Replicant said:
*doink* OMG, is GT5: Prologue really look that good?

In 1080p on a properly calibrated set, it looks about 95% as good as that. Those photos do look a bit cleaned up, but the game definitely looks nearly as good as that.

Top Bottom