• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HOME screens of advanced version

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
chubigans said:
Its too bad Sony won't have a conference this year...

inkazxmb.jpg

:lol

chubigans said:
Its too bad Sony won't have a conference this year...

Yeah, but if PlayStation Blog is on the scene, it's likely SCEA will make a few announcements via the blog. This shirt, in my opinion, pretty much confirms an announcement of in-game XMB this week. I highly doubt Sony would be that cruel as to tease us with a shirt and give us nothing.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah, but if PlayStation Blog is on the scene, it's likely SCEA will make a few announcements via the blog. This shirt, in my opinion, pretty much confirms an announcement of in-game XMB this week. I highly doubt Sony would be that cruel as to tease us with a shirt and give us nothing.

Exactly. They best not do that again. The Blog looked like it was hit with a nuclear bomb after the 2.0 firmware fiasco.

Firewire

Banned
I have a feeling those shirts are for Sony staff to give demonstrations on the workings of in game XMB.
"In shirt XMB" identifying people in the know, Cisco did something similar once, years back.

Erebus

Pai Pai Master said:

26876156zn0.png

You must be right!

DoomGyver

Lusoplay has returned with safe information about this year's Games Developers Conference. Sony will show the much awaited in-game XMB feature aswell as the LittleBigPlanet-Home interaction.

Furthermore, a big announcement of Home, the public Beta is here. Details to follow at this year's GDC.

Keep in touch with LP.

Source

This would make GDC so worth it.

dork

Banned
I like how they turn something so little like ingame xmb, something microsoft has had for years into the biggest announcement of the year for them

Full Recovery said:
Source

I'd take what they say with a Grain of Salt. I doubt they've even been at GDC, they're probably just reading stuff from websites and made that article about stuff that's likely to appear.

dork said:
I like how they turn something so little like ingame xmb, something microsoft has had for years into the biggest announcement of the year for them
Everyone wants it so it does deserve a big announcement. What MS did is irrelevant. Go troll else where please.

JB1981

dork said:
Now that you mention it, I like it too.

dork

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I'd take what they say with a Grain of Salt. I doubt they've even been at GDC, they're probably just reading stuff from websites and made that article about stuff that's likely to appear.

Everyone wants it so it does deserve a big announcement. What MS did is irrelevant. Go troll else where please.

Not trolling you popsicle licker. I want XMB also, but just like dualshock its something i should have had when i bought the ps3 at launch

dork said:
Not trolling you popsicle licker. I want XMB also, but just like dualshock its something i should have had when i bought the ps3 at launch

And PS3 does stuff that 360 doesn't and if those things (Blu-Ray perhaps?) got added to 360, 360 users would be excited. Bottom line is, people who own ps3s want in-game xmb. What 360 does doesn't do much for me when I'm playing uncharted, does it? So, people will be happy to have it.

Erebus

dork said:

Microsoft is likely to announce the ability to store your own MP3s and videos on 360's HDD. :lol

B-Ri

Metalmurphy said:

i think he is missing the point.

In-Game XMB is basically the last thing to negate XBL-peer2peer-pay service. Sony will then have proved it could be done for free, feature for feature.

DarkUSS said:
Microsoft is likely to announce the ability to store your own MP3s and videos on 360's HDD. :lol
Or a console revision that works. Oh wait...

captive said:
Who the heck is lusoplay.
Random Portuguese website. Not trust worthy at all. I think they're the ones that came up with the The Getaway being shown in February. Nothing yet.

methane47

DarkUSS said:
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5665/26876156zn0.png

You must be right!

kJeff Rubenstein replied on February 14, 2008 at 10:03 am

These are exactly the types of questions that I can pass on. Keep in mind, everyone, I’m not having a sitdown with the Home or Firmware groups - just passing a few questions on to *Game Developers* that are stopping by. It *is* the Game Developers Conference, after all :)

:(

Kazzin | February 19th, 2008 at 5:28 pm

Sweet stuff. Are those In-Shirt XMB shirts a hint at an update to be released this week for the PS3?

Jeff Rubenstein replied on February 19, 2008 at 6:15 pm

It’s us being cheeky. It’s a developer’s conference, not hardware or firmware, so no announcements on that front this week.

:( x2

Crisis

Banned

It’s us being cheeky. It’s a developer’s conference, not hardware or firmware, so no announcements on that front this week.

Whoever approved those shirts and fucking took PICTURES of them is officially an asshole.

B-Ri

Crisis said:
Whoever approved those shirts and fucking took PICTURES of them is officially an asshole.

or its a big conspiracy to bring you down to boost us all back at megaton announcements :x

lets all just believe

rc213

Sony Douchebaggery!!! F U JEFF! IKILLU!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Full Recovery said:
Source

Sounds unbelievable. Seriously get home out to us sony PLEASE real soon. We've been waiting patiently. In game XMB would be great too and some cross game invites. Not to mention LBP home interaction, but get it in our hands first please:D.

acabado

Banned
replayy said:
:lol

I hope this means its coming soon.

Are these shirts from Sony? I don´t think so, I think they are somekind of humorous protest.

EDIT: Yup,it's from Sony. I think it's some kind of confirmation :D :D :D

Crisis

Banned
Sony fails GDC by tanod's watch.

Dave-The-Rave | February 19th, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Please either confirm or debunk the ingame XMB/HOME/Achievements coming VERY soon rumours !!

Jeff Rubenstein replied on February 19, 2008 at 6:21 pm

If by “VERY soon” you mean this week - debunked.

I see the same rumors, and they’re just that - rumors. Literally 95% of what I’ve read this week is just groundless speculation. But hey, that’s the game biz.

I literally cannot believe that they thought it would be a good idea to let everyone's hopes get up like this, even going so far as to print those fucking t-shirts, and then dash all hope at it arriving soon like that. Honest to God I thought they had learned something from all the negative press they got in the last couple of years but it would seem not.

h3ro

Good thing after TGS last year, I made a vow to never expect Megatons ever again...

Still, would have been nice...

tha_con

Banned
Wow, that is the dumbest shit I've ever read. GG to whoever approved those shirts, and then posted PICTURES of them.

I hate you.

dTau

Banned
Crisis said:
Sony fails GDC by tanod's watch.

I literally cannot believe that they thought it would be a good idea to let everyone's hopes get up like this, even going so far as to print those fucking t-shirts, and then dash all hope at it arriving soon like that. Honest to God I thought they had learned something from all the negative press they got in the last couple of years but it would seem not.

You're a moron.

Just because it's not coming tomorrow doesn't mean it's not coming at all.

Synless

Wollan said:
Lol. So the guy managed to take multiple angle shots of a 3sec popup. Yeah..
Hey wollan, think we might get a Home update some day? I've been waiting for a new update for some time now. I think it's getting close, hopefully they add some decent features to go along with it.

Crisis

Banned
dTau said:
You're a moron.

Just because it's not coming tomorrow doesn't mean it's not coming at all.

Do you have any idea why this might be a bad idea? They've been promising in-game XMB for quite some time now. Months even. Rumors started swirling that they were going to release Home and XMB around GDC and they said nothing to dispel it. Now while the event is actually taking place they decide to print off tshirts referencing it and then go "By the way, it's not coming out soon." So yeah they're supposedly bringing it out but I'm sick of the promises and I'm not the only one. If you can't see why people might be just a little pissed off about this, then you're the moron junior.

Top Bottom