• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Little King's Story |OT| My little king can't possibly be this cute

ajim

Ok, so I 'beat' the game I think.
Is the ending only getting engaged/married and thats it? Not as good as I was hoping lol. LKS Wii had the better story from memory I think.

So, what else is there to do?

Sera O

Banned
I'm currently working on the encyclopedias. Can't figure out which monster I'm missing - currently I am lacking 2. I know that one of them is left for concluding the quest with the princess, but does anyone know which monster no. 54 is (in the list after Mandoragon and before King crab onii)?

Concept17

Really want to pick this up, but I also want Liberation, Silent Hill, and Ragnarok Odyssey... maybe NFS as well. If target has 3 of those games I won't get this for awhile, if they don't, I might bite on this.

ijed

I'm currently working on the encyclopedias. Can't figure out which monster I'm missing - currently I am lacking 2. I know that one of them is left for concluding the quest with the princess, but does anyone know which monster no. 54 is (in the list after Mandoragon and before King crab onii)?

It's the Tropical Dragon - he's orange - not sure where he is on on the map (think there's one in a hole somewhere iirc) but you can fight one in the 'four dragons descend' challenge quest

Sera O

Banned
It's the Tropical Dragon - he's orange - not sure where he is on on the map (think there's one in a hole somewhere iirc) but you can fight one in the 'four dragons descend' challenge quest

Oh awesome. Thanks! I have pretty much ignored the challenge quests, so I didn't even think about that. That's my final encyclopedia to finish. Using the hunters at range for most monsters made me miss quite a few :)

Takao

Banned
New DLC available on the North American Store:

Monster Set ($1.99) – Download the ‘Monster Set’ to get a variety of monster items that will help you regenerate, increase life, damage and attacks! This includes Mummy Head and Outfit, Onii King Mask, Drunken Tengu Mask, Shishkebaboo Wig, Thunderbird Head, TV Dinna Head, Lord Sauvage Beard, and a Mechanic Onii Head!

Outlaw Set ($1.99) – Download the ‘Outlaw Set’ and receive items that will increase your Attack and helps you defeat monsters completely! This includes a Metal Bat, Pompadour, Jumbo Crew Cut, Men’s Kamikaze Outfit, Ladies’ Kamikaze Outfit, Evil Combatant Mask, Evil Combatant Tights, Wood Sword, Mohawk, and Leather Jacket!

Princess Battle Outfit Set 2 ($2.99) – Download the ‘Princess Battle Outfit Set 2′ to unlock different Armor sets for each of the princesses, including princess Shizuka, Kokomo Pine, Iris, and Corina!

Supreme Ruler Power Electronics Set ($0.99) – Download the ‘Supreme Ruler Power Electronics Set’ for new electronic attack weapons and more life! This includes a Particle Beam Sabre, Super Gear Helmet, and a Powered Suit!

Alex

Got a Vita recently, so I went on and got this first, one of my favorite Wii games and it's really nice to have another. Bout an hour in, so far so great.

Ken

So I just picked this game up along with that DLC pass thing and just made the suggestion box.

Is there a way to send only jobless civilians to the job huts? Ex. I don't want to send my farmers in to change to soldiers.

Is there any level of organization of troops under your command? Like, arranging them into multiple groups and be able to give orders to entire groups at once? Kind of like uh...hotkeying multiple groups in Starcraft and only needing to issue one command per group. I don't like sending my farmers to fight the weird purple things so I want to keep them in a separate group from soldiers.

When does DLC kick in?

No clue when the DLC kicks in, as I haven't bought any of it, but you can swap between the jobs by pressing triangle. I'm pretty sure it's unlocked once you unlock the third job. That'll let you swap to the hobos, so you can just give them jobs. There's no way of giving group commands but that command can let you skip through the non-fighters instead of sending them out to die.

Ken

No idea, have you downloaded all the items from the store?

Reading a bit more, there seems to be some gear that is exclusive to the DLC while the other is attainable in game.

Er, I bought the Ultimate Pass or whatever but wasn't prompted to download anything.

Edit: Oh, apparently I had to manually download everything from the PSN after getting the pass lol.

I really want to get back into this game, I just got too overwhelmed with all the upcoming games :( I really love it too, I intend on platinum'ing it. How is the status of your platinums guys?

Mondriaan

I really want to get back into this game, I just got too overwhelmed with all the upcoming games :( I really love it too, I intend on platinum'ing it. How is the status of your platinums guys?
It's on hold due to RO. I intend to finish, but I'm not sure about going for platinum.

dsigns1

Missing the Record encyclopedia trophy and I need to make all the princesses happy.

On hold until after AC3. I'm going after the Princess crystals at the moment, so the platinum is still a long ways off.

Ken

How is the DLC? Worth the $?

I don't think so lol. I've never played the original on the Wii or gave this version a vanilla run but it seems to make battles easy. I just bought it because I saw the "Ultimate Pass" and said sure why not.

Some of the equips are cute though.

BTW what can you equip Corobo with?

Sera O

Banned
BTW what can you equip Corobo with?

I never got any weapon equips for Corobo, but bosses do drop outfits for him and I think you just get them as the story progresses. They didn't really have any attributes besides changing his appearance.

I got the platinum (the first one I've ever bothered to complete as I was already mostly there anyway) before starting Ragnarok Odyssey. I can't imagine I'll go back to it without some new stuff to do!

Has any dlc dropped that is more than just cosmetic (quests for example, not just outfits/gear)? I remember hearing that this was a possibility but nothing about when this might be becoming available.

I asked this in the trophies thread but I've run into a problem when trying to complete all the encyclopedias. I've saved the princesses
twice
and am trying to wrap up all the other stuff before finishing it.

I've got two lists left, the records (last 3 jobs needed, which I know how to get) and the food. I can't find Crazy Meat anywhere and none of the help online has been any help.

Anyone know where to find it?

Sera O

Banned
I've got two lists left, the records (last 3 jobs needed, which I know how to get) and the food. I can't find Crazy Meat anywhere and none of the help online has been any help.

Anyone know where to find it?

I don't recall where I picked this up, but according to someone on the ps3trophies.org forum these are dropped by the cow-carrying worker oniis outside Sobamanjaro. Maybe you already saw that though and it was wrong. I got lost a lot and killed everything in sight and just naturally found most of the food that way so I can't confirm.

So I just realized something. My current save is right before you talk to Azul to start the final sequence of events... so therefore I can't take on more quests. Does this mean I'm screwed with finishing the other stuff towards my plat? :( I have some of the princesses side quests initiated, but not all.

I figured I can get all their affection maxed out, do all the encyclopedias that I can and then start over if need be to finish up the other stuff. I'm just really, really bummed out that it just happened suddenly and I had no warning/option to just work at the side quest stuff.

KaidoRacer7

So I just realized something. My current save is right before you talk to Azul to start the final sequence of events... so therefore I can't take on more quests. Does this mean I'm screwed with finishing the other stuff towards my plat? :( I have some of the princesses side quests initiated, but not all.

I figured I can get all their affection maxed out, do all the encyclopedias that I can and then start over if need be to finish up the other stuff. I'm just really, really bummed out that it just happened suddenly and I had no warning/option to just work at the side quest stuff.

If I remember correctly, you can continue your sidequests after finishing the game. The only missables are princess related trophies, if you dont save before talking to Azul (and if you dont maxed out their affection)

If I remember correctly, you can continue your sidequests after finishing the game. The only missables are princess related trophies, if you dont save before talking to Azul (and if you dont maxed out their affection)

Omg thank you, I was hoping this was the case but didn't want to go through and beat it only to be sad :p

I'm really loving this game. Is there an easier way to add people to the royal guard though? it all seems a bit tedious the way I do it.

I don't recall where I picked this up, but according to someone on the ps3trophies.org forum these are dropped by the cow-carrying worker oniis outside Sobamanjaro. Maybe you already saw that though and it was wrong. I got lost a lot and killed everything in sight and just naturally found most of the food that way so I can't confirm.

Yeah, I saw that and it wasn't much help. All I'm getting from them is slig meat and beefy beef. I can only guess that it's a boss that I've missed, a unique quest drop that I've missed or a drop from an enemy that only appears at night, as I almost always headed straight back to the castle when night hit. The only one of the latter that I can think of is the sunflowers though, and they don't drop meat.

The gourmet encyclopedia is literally the only trophy I have left to get and it sucks that I can't find crazy meat. My only other option is starting the game again and rushing through, while killing everything I see, but that'll take a while to do.

Have you tries the citizen list? You can add/remove citizens then call them.

I had a question about the citizens list. Usually, I just check statuses in the main menu - can I see if a princess has her affection maxed out in the status menu/main menu? I'm at the point right before the point of no return so I can't sit on the throne to look at the citizens list :(

Just finished this moments ago and chose to be with Apricot in the end. She may not have been the most useful of the princesses but as a character she was just way too sweet and adorable to sit on the sidelines. None of the other princesses really stood out either, so it made the decision rather easy. I really enjoyed the game overall, well worth the pick up in my opinion.

Sera O

Banned
I had a question about the citizens list. Usually, I just check statuses in the main menu - can I see if a princess has her affection maxed out in the status menu/main menu? I'm at the point right before the point of no return so I can't sit on the throne to look at the citizens list :(

You've probably tried this but you could try to access the citizen list from the podium where you summon your guard. I think that's the only way you'd be able to check the affection levels aside from the throne menu (citizen list smiley faces).

You've probably tried this but you could try to access the citizen list from the podium where you summon your guard. I think that's the only way you'd be able to check the affection levels aside from the throne menu (citizen list smiley faces).

I completely forgot about that rofl. Sigh I just think it's so boring to get their affection up, mostly because of the fact that I can't do quests right now and that I'm right before the point of no return, and you have to get their affections up before you enter the point of no return.

Sera O

Banned
I completely forgot about that rofl. Sigh I just think it's so boring to get their affection up, mostly because of the fact that I can't do quests right now and that I'm right before the point of no return, and you have to get their affections up before you enter the point of no return.

To get their affection up, what I did was go to the princess room with one in my guard so she was following me, and then I'd prop something on the camera thumb-stick so the vita wouldn't go to sleep. The affection would go up just based on time spent with them, so you can just set it up, do something else, and check back in a couple of hours. It's still tedious and time-consuming, but at least you don't need to be directly involved.

To get their affection up, what I did was go to the princess room with one in my guard so she was following me, and then I'd prop something on the camera thumb-stick so the vita wouldn't go to sleep. The affection would go up just based on time spent with them, so you can just set it up, do something else, and check back in a couple of hours. It's still tedious and time-consuming, but at least you don't need to be directly involved.

I'm gonna just have to do that while I'm working or something. It's just so damn tedious :( I might end up beating the game with everyone separately, and doing that on a separate save, and then coming back after doing everything else to just get the harem ending. I really want to get everything else before doing that 'cause it's so damn boring ><

I'm also wondering about this. I'm sold on the concept, but I don't want to play an entire game at 20 fps.

It hasn't. I dunno if they ever will patch it, sadly. I think as long as you don't have a huge army following you, the framerate never really drops that much .. it's when you have like 20-30 people in your army it really starts to chug. It's never really unplayable, it just drops kind of low. It's an awesome game though, I'm working on rounding everything up before going for the final pieces of the story.

Edit: I actually had another question in regards to the princesses' affection levels:

Can anyone confirm if the :) is all you need to know, when working towards the harem ending? I wasn't sure if the only affection levels were :| and :) ... I was just worried and didn't want to start on another princess without finishing the previous one.

Sera O

Banned
Edit: I actually had another question in regards to the princesses' affection levels:

Can anyone confirm if the :) is all you need to know, when working towards the harem ending? I wasn't sure if the only affection levels were :| and :) ... I was just worried and didn't want to start on another princess without finishing the previous one.

Yep, you have it right. There is only not smiling and smiling to indicate the affection, so as long as the happy face is there you're good.

Edit: Oh and just in case you weren't aware, make sure you leave one princess unmaxed while you're still doing the individual endings - I think it's possible to get locked into harem.

Edit: Oh and just in case you weren't aware, make sure you leave one princess unmaxed while you're still doing the individual endings - I think it's possible to get locked into harem.

Oh wow, thank you for pointing that out LOL I would've been totally screwed. I'm definitely going to make sure I don't do one, and then do all the individual endings - just to be safe. I can't wait to be able to finish up all the encyclopedias and side quests.

Sera O

Banned
Oh wow, thank you for pointing that out LOL I would've been totally screwed. I'm definitely going to make sure I don't do one, and then do all the individual endings - just to be safe. I can't wait to be able to finish up all the encyclopedias and side quests.

No prob, I had a near miss with that myself. It'd be a pain to have to go out and get a princess KO'ed so she went back to :| and you could avoid the harem ending. Also, depending on your save, it might not be possible to go and do more quests at that point. I'm not sure how hard it would be to kill one off intentionally.

No prob, I had a near miss with that myself. It'd be a pain to have to go out and get a princess KO'ed so she went back to :| and you could avoid the harem ending. Also, depending on your save, it might not be possible to go and do more quests at that point. I'm not sure how hard it would be to kill one off intentionally.

My main save is right before the final battle prompt, from what I've seen it's right before the point of no return. As long as I can do quests afterwards, getting the plat will be possible all on my one save. I'm currently on getting my fourth princess to love me.. sigh this is so tedious haha.

Edit: Some tips from end game/platinum hunting:

I thought the point before you rescue the princesses for the second time is the point of no return, it's actually afterwards, after you've saved all the princesses for a second time. After initiating that phase (before having to rescue them again, you can once again do quests and do encyclopedias as you choose. I was just scared that I was actually at the point of no return, it's actually after rescuing them all again for the second time...
I didn't read anything about end game stuff because I was worried about spoilers.

Top Bottom