• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Rising pictures from E3

jett

D-Member
mgre3201206jpg-acfda8.jpg

mgre3201207rejpg-acfda7.jpg

mgre3201205jpg-acfda6.jpg

mgre3201204jpg-d3cf85.jpg

mgre3201209jpg-d3cf87.jpg

mgre3201203jpg-fdfc76.jpg

Remember, it is 60fps. Seems it uses a dynamic resolution to keep the framerate up.

I hope we get some showfloor footage soon.

There's this IGN piece that frankly doesn't say anything of note other than the guy really liked to cut stuff, and mistakenly says there's zero stealth elements in the game.

E3 trailer

Really disappointed they didn't show off the ACTUAL game, and just made some training area map specifically for E3.

Oh well, still hyped!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Screens for this never look good, they are filled with jaggies and just look off.

In motion is where the game truly stands out, so fluid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
art

info
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience unlike anything that has come before.. Combining world-class development teams at Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames, MGR REVENGEANCE brings two of the world’s most respected teams together with a common goal of providing players with a fresh synergetic experience that combines the best elements of pure action and epic storytelling, all within the expansive MG universe. The game introduces Raiden as the central character; a child soldier transformed into a half-man, half-machine cyborg ninja, equipped with a high-frequency katana blade and a soul fueled by revenge.
In the near future, cyborg technology has become commonplace throughout society. Three years have passed since the collapse of the Patriots system that had been secretly controlling the global power balance from the shadows. However, peace remains elusive. The dissemination of cybernetic technology has triggered instability and conflict as those who control the trade gain increasing power. Furthermore, large ‘Private Military Companies’, or PMC’s, that had been supported and controlled by the Patriots have collapsed, spawning countless rogue entities with origins to larger criminal organizations. These renegade PMCs employing cyborg technology have become increasingly more disruptive shifting policy and power at will. As a member of the peace-keeping PMC ‘Maverick Security’, Raiden lives by the mantra of protecting and saving lives. But as the world plunges further into asymmetric warfare, the only path that leads him forward is rooted in resolving his past, and carving through anything that stands in his way.

full set o screens
mgr_e32012_01z9u4v.jpg

mgr_e32012_02_redt782.jpg

mgr_e32012_03rf7dc.jpg

mgr_e32012_04mn7r3.jpg

mgr_e32012_05uvu9f.jpg

mgr_e32012_06q776a.jpg

mgr_e32012_07_re2puxl.jpg

mgr_e32012_085a799.jpg

mgr_e32012_09oi7zg.jpg

mgr_e32012_102x7yv.jpg

mgr_e32012_20twuy1.jpg

Kanguro

Neo Member
So they ended up using the Bayoneta engine for this right? Looks hideous. The lighting in that engine is just completely fucked. Looks like DMC1 level lighting. I'm not asking for fully dynamic ray-tracing, but this is just bad.

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh, they are still making Wii games?
No seriously this is really ugly. Jaggies, dithering, low res textures, lowpoly models, pixelated shadow.

Is this still coming to PC? Probably not, Konami seems to hate PCs... but I would buy it. Maybe.

vid

Unf. Early 2013 can't come soon enough. I don't understand how anyone can see this game and not be excited... 60fps action game from Platinum, continuing the trend of pure tension and insanity that only Metal Gear can bring.

I'm prepared to double (triple?!) dip on this.

Oh, they are still making Wii games?
No seriously this is really ugly. Jaggies, dithering, low res textures, lowpoly models, pixelated shadow.

Is this still coming to PC? Probably not, Konami seems to hate PCs... but I would buy it. Maybe.
there are jaggies?

if only a post or five before yours had mentioned it.

game looks like sex in motion.

Foffy

Banned
What's the lead version of Rising? I assumed PS3...when Konami was making it. Platinum's titles are usually 360..

Himself

thanks, I hope it's glorious 60fps

Me too. Although originally disappointing because it marked the confirmation that Bayonetta 2 was dead, Project P-100 looks really neat.

I'm incredibly happy with the project p 100 reveal, even though I love Bayonetta, I just want to see Kamiya do whatever he's inspired to do. Plus it almost makes Bayo a bit more special being that it may never have a sequel. Such a masterpiece.

But project 100 basically convinced me to buy a Wii U and it's shameful it wasn't showcased during the conference.

Sykotik

The linked trailer is 30fps. But, the quality was really good and the frame-rate was actually quite pleasing, to me. Typically 30 looks bad to me, but it seemed perfectly fine. I'll still download the 60fps if it surfaces, though!

benzy

The varying degrees in image quality is pretty astounding. Doesn't matter to me though, Zan Datsu anything at 60fps is going to be awesome.

Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance_2012_06-05-12_011.jpg

Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance_2012_06-05-12_006.jpg

Haunted

Screens look like shit.

60fps and fluid animations are its saving grace.
New consoles please.

Mechazawa

The varying degrees in image quality is pretty astounding.

Well, all the ones without aliasing are pretty clearly from prerecorded videos.

Except for the second image in the OP. That one looks like it's from one of the game's QTEs so I don't know why the hell that one looks so clean. And the last image in the OP just looks like someone ran it through a vaseline filter.

benzy

Well, all the ones without aliasing are pretty clearly from prerecorded videos.

Except for the second image in the OP. That one looks like it's from one of the game's QTEs so I don't know why the hell that one looks so clean. And the last image in the OP just looks like someone ran it through a vaseline filter.

That first image I posted isn't QTE though. It's showing a gameplay mechanic called Zan Datsu where you can slice the enemy in any direction you choose. The varying image quality in these screens is definitely from the game's dynamic resolution.

Also, Direct-feed framebuffer screens always look like shit for the majority of games this gen. They show artifacts you normally won't see while playing if you're sitting at a normal distance from the TV screen.

Official framebuffer grab

image_metal_gear_rising_revengeance-19441-1854_0004.jpg

Screen-grab from trailer

mgzoj1a.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
well, every other company pumps out some 5000p screens, then downsamples them. It doesn't look like Konami did it here.

FtsH

look at that shadow, lol
That first image I posted isn't QTE though. It's showing a gameplay mechanic called Zan Datsu where you can slice the enemy in any direction you choose. The varying image quality in these screens is definitely from the game's dynamic resolution.

Also, Direct-feed framebuffer screens always look like shit for the majority of games this gen. They show artifacts you normally won't see while playing if you're sitting at a normal distance from the TV screen.

Official framebuffer grab

image_metal_gear_rising_revengeance-19441-1854_0004.jpg

Screen-grab from trailer

mgzoj1a.jpg

What's the lead version of Rising? I assumed PS3...when Konami was making it. Platinum's titles are usually 360..

WROOOOOOOOONG. They changed lead to PS3 with Vanquish. They have much better knowledge of the 360, so they can port it easily afterwards. Bayonetta PS3 port was made by SEGA. Vanquish runs the same on PS3 and 360. And I assume with Max Anarchy it's the same.

Top Bottom