• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid 4 scans

Snake's hair looks bad from certain angles and I still don't like the traditional MGS desaturation/color bias/filtering, but this game makes it a little too colorless, at least from these scans. And why is Snake gonna shoot that guy in tha ass?

Otherwise, looks as good as always...perhaps, a bit better in certain ways since these are apparently gameplay shots.

Vashu

typo said:
I dunno, something to do with that pick-pocketing Metal Gear Mk. II...

Actually, I think he's tasing that guy... :D

Awesome game though, looks beautiful!

Edit: And wtf at the guy shouting el downgradeo :lol .. These are scans of screenshots. I bet you that the direct shots look more detailed than these right now.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
this needs its own thread. the octocamo shots where snake's hiding against the ground and the cave wall look a lot cooler than the one with the patterned wall -- IM SORRY 4 DOUBTING U TEAM KOJIMA

edit: sigh. snake and the environments and the gekkou and the enemy soldiers all look like they did in the e3 trailer. though i suppose we'll now have 15 pages of disingenuous argument on the subject.

element said:
el downgradeo!

still looks good, nothing like the videos we have seen so far.

:lol :lol People are going to be pulling this shit all weekend just because they didn't want to accept Kojima could pull it off.

SumGamer

typo said:
On second thought, I'm getting an odd sensation in my pants, and it's not herpes...

I dunno, something to do with that pick-pocketing Metal Gear Mk. II...

If you look closely, it is shocking the soldier. I hope we dont need to find some battery for it.

antiloop

SolidSnakex said:
:lol :lol People are going to be pulling this shit all weekend just because they didn't want to accept Kojima could pull it off.

Yup, and we will all laugh at them. :lol

Insertia

downgrade?

wtf are you people smoking? It looks no different than it did when it was first shown this time last year, and at E3, and GC.

MightyHedgehog said:
Pull what off?

That Kojima coudl make the gameplay look like the cutscenes. If he'd never said that these were gameplay screens before no one would be popping up claiming downgrade.

hadareud

The Translator
SolidSnakex said:
To be fair, if there was a downgrade it will be: "people are going to be pulling this shit all weekend just because they don't want to accept Kojima could not to pull it off"

I don't see any downgrade in this small scans though.

This game is just pure magic, PS3 got so much strenght in it's pocket that instead of playing Saint's Row I sit on boards like GAF just to get more news :lol .

It's pure magic, MGS4, FFXIII, NG: S, DMC4, VF5, White Knight, MotorStorm, Resistance, and probably REAL TK6 trailer soon, I think that I should jump into freezer for 6 months.

jj984jj said:
This needed it's own thread dammit!!

Kojima am God. :D

Yeah, looks sweet, but its a bit dumb to start saying "all is forgiven" Sony are STILL charging $600 for their 'superconsole' and no matter how sweet MGS4 looks, its still extortion.

Other than MGS4 anyway, PS3 has ****-all to offer.

Methinks i'll wait for the inevitable xbox360 version..

Manp

drohne said:
no, i'm pretty sure people just shout "downgrade" at everything and hope it sticks.

i don't expect gameplay to look exactly like cutsceenes... even if boot are realtime
just like for every MGS so far

am i wrong?

:)

ram

element said:
el downgradeo!

still looks good, nothing like the videos we have seen so far.

that was sarcasm, right? because the pics look even better than the trailer.

Idioteque

darthbane2k said:
Yeah, looks sweet, but its a bit dumb to start saying "all is forgiven" Sony are STILL charging $600 for their 'superconsole' and no matter how sweet MGS4 looks, its still extortion.

oh god make it stop!

Yoboman

Gold Member
I think it looks better now, filters helped alot of the earlier screens though. These appear to be free of those tints and other filters. Looks insanely good though. I still hate the new suit though, WTF Kojima?

Idioteque said:

Oh God what?
MGS4 looks gorgeous - yes we all agree, but it does not mean forgiveness for Sony, nor does it give them a pass to continue to shit all over the industry.
There is a lot more work to be done with PS3, its price, its marketing and its launch titles - before we can all be screaming about forgiveness.

Rant over - yeah i'll probably be banned for this.

SolidSnakex said:
That Kojima coudl make the gameplay look like the cutscenes. If he'd never said that these were gameplay screens before no one would be popping up claiming downgrade.
Well, they always have...though, there seems to be some subtle changes to the visuals, overall, since the E3 video. Because I know that scans tend to make some things look better and some things worse than they are, I'm willing to believe it's practically the same. But, from these shots, it looks, to me, like the overall detail on the characters is lessened. That may be because of the washed out condition of the scans or because the environments have different lighting. Something looks very different.

quick question from someone who knows little to nothing about TGS.

Is MGS4 likely to be 'playable' at this event? Can we look forward to some hands on gameplay video?

duckroll

darthbane2k said:
Oh God what?
MGS4 looks gorgeous - yes we all agree, but it does not mean forgiveness for Sony, nor does it give them a pass to continue to shit all over the industry.
There is a lot more work to be done with PS3, its price, its marketing and its launch titles - before we can all be screaming about forgiveness.

I think you lack context. I posted those scans on the Japanese Mag thread, and I was making a joke about forgiveness because yesterday I refused to translate anything more for anyone after TTP insulted DoAX2 when I posted the scans. It's just an in-joke. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SONY. :p

jiggle

Hard to compare small scans to the HD movie. It does look like the blur filter is not used for the gameplay part though. Which I am glad. Everything looks more clear and crisp.

Octocam am awesome.

xabre said:
A game grayer than gray itself.

Saw what you want about the prospects for the actual game, but seriously...it is DRAB.
I agree. I know it's a stylistic choice...but it's a bit overdone, as usual in the MGS games.

Like I said, it's a bit too colorless for my tastes.

drohne said:
i also like xbox.
Hey! Me, too!

djkimothy

darthbane2k said:
Oh God what?

rolleyes.jpg

/other thread was perfectly fine.

duckroll said:
I think you lack context. I posted those scans on the Japanese Mag thread, and I was making a joke about forgiveness because yesterday I refused to translate anything more for anyone after TTP insulted DoAX2 when I posted the scans. It's just an in-joke. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SONY. :p

Okay - obviously misunderstood.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
darthbane2k said:

:lol

Top Bottom