• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid 4 scans

Sonki.

Banned
dark10x said:
Judging from your post history, that's probably the best way to describe your posting style.

There is a difference between "not cumming all over" something and calling it "bottom of the barrel". You are straight up insulting some of the most talented people in the industry.

edit - Well, I was going to bring proof of his "XBOT" personality, as there is plenty of it, but it seems that he has left the area

heh, I bet he's yelling at his moniter right now :lol

Helznicht

After seeing the scans and watching the videos, I feel pretty comfortable with my $400 purchase last year. They need to work on the regular guard animations. They look just like the Clancy games where the crouched upper bodies & waist are rock solid and not moving, staying on a level travel plane, but the legs are walking, with the feet giving no rise to the upper body. It looks bad, and one of the things I hate bout the clancy animations.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Helznicht said:
After seeing the scans and watching the videos, I feel pretty comfortable with my $400 purchase last year. They need to work on the regular guard animations. They look just like the Clancy games where the crouched upper bodies & waist are rock solid and not moving, staying on a level travel plane, but the legs are walking, with the feet giving no rise to the upper body. It looks bad, and one of the things I hate bout the clancy animations.

So why are you bringing the 360 into this MGS4 thread?????

djkimothy

Helznicht said:

awwjeez.jpg

LJ11

mckmas8808 said:
So why are you bringing the 360 into this MGS4 thread?????

Because of his insecurities. Glad to see that his 360 purchase has finally been validated. He needs to see PS3 footage to justify his purchase, playing 360 games wouldn't suffice.

LJ11 said:
Because of his insecurities. Glad to see that his 360 purchase has finally been validated. He needs to see PS3 footage to justify his purchase, playing 360 games wouldn't suffice.

This wouldn't be the game to do that. If anything, I'm sure most exclusively 360 owners must be angry with the fact this is only on PS3 and feigning disdain.

LJ11

Moderation Unlimited said:
This wouldn't be the game to do that. If anything, I'm sure most exclusively 360 owners must be angry with the fact this is only on PS3 and feigning disdain.

I agree with you. I'm not sure what planet Helznicht is living on, but he needed to see such "inferior" magazine scans to legitimize the 400 dollars he spent. Glad I'm not on planet Xbox.

Helznicht

Damn straight I was insecure. I can only afford one of the high graphics tech consoles (I will squeeze a wii in somehow). I bought a 360 by dumb luck and at the spur of the moment with one extra being available at BB after the numbers were handed out. With all the talk on this board how much powerful the PS3 was gonna be, I have been a little concerned I bought the wrong one cause I wanted the best grahics I could get on my unwii console.

Why I brought the 360 into this? Cause the animations looked just like the clancy games I have rented on the 360. Shoot me.

The graphics on those scans are extremely impressive don't get me wrong, but anyone who says it is the same or better level of detail as the first trailer shown (I'm referring to the one where it starts off in the POV view of a soldier and then Snake takes him out) is on drugs.

I was under the impression that that trailer was in-game graphics being used for the cinematic (since that's how cinematics in MGS games in the past are handled), if that was Sony's claim then it obviously is not the case, but then again I am not aware if they made that claim or not. I just assumed. Did Sony make that claim?

Vagrant

MisterAnderson said:
The graphics on those scans are extremely impressive don't get me wrong, but anyone who says it is the same or better level of detail as the first trailer shown (I'm referring to the one where it starts off in the POV view of a soldier and then Snake takes him out) is on drugs.

I was under the impression that that trailer was in-game graphics being used for the cinematic (since that's how cinematics in MGS games in the past are handled), if that was Sony's claim then it obviously is not the case, but then again I am not aware if they made that claim or not. I just assumed. Did Sony make that claim?

People are saying it is the same or better level of detail as the E3 trailer (and it is, except for the animation). That said, these pictures are better then TGS trailer in some ways, look at the textures in that trailer if you don't believe me.

nitewulf

definitely very impressive. i do agree w/ the guy who said snake needs an improved skillset. i sorely missed rappelling down trees and high places in mgs3. also the context sesitive controls are always a pain in the ass, for me. i just dont like them, they are never perfect. these are too much button combinations get get certain actions done. snake's movement definitely has to be more fluid. so yeah, i agree the gameplay in this series is dated.

having said that, damn, sneaking up to 'the end', crawling towards him...seeing the reflection off of his scope and sighting him...then zooming in on his head, and blowing him away...was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. it's these set pieces that make mgs. thats the strength.

Nvidia

Banned
Helznicht said:
Damn straight I was insecure. I can only afford one of the high graphics tech consoles (I will squeeze a wii in somehow). I bought a 360 by dumb luck and at the spur of the moment with one extra being available at BB after the numbers were handed out. With all the talk on this board how much powerful the PS3 was gonna be, I have been a little concerned I bought the wrong one cause I wanted the best grahics I could get on my unwii console.

Why I brought the 360 into this? Cause the animations looked just like the clancy games I have rented on the 360. Shoot me.

Are you slow or is MGS4 coming out at launch or a year from now?

Top Bottom