• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid 4 scans

Holtz

Y2Kevbug11 said:
77e3be1d350f7d60748d07a2cb606f82.jpg

Just another comment on this picture.

Look at the texturing on the ****ing wall. Detail is ****ing off the charts.
Holy shit that's right, again stuff i didn't notice. Amazing stuff. Better get back and look at the scans again, just in case.
Downgrade my ass. :lol

DSN2K

I'm pleased about 2008 release...means I wont have to buy a PS3 for a good year+ and the price should have come down as well.

bud

The gameplay-trailer will be awesome, no doubt, but does that mean that they're not going to show other environments?

If not then ''E3'' is too far away :'(

p3tran

Banned
I have read that kojima san send a message to the fans at Leipzig that next year (late august 2007) he will be there to demo the game personally.
so that means that game wont be out at least until then...

The Take Out Bandit said:
I think the best part of this coming generation will be all the spin from Xbots who are now at the bottom of the hardware food chain. :D

Wouldn't that technically be the Wii fans? ;)

But, seriously, anyone that cannot admit this will probably be one of the, if not the, best looking game ever made from a holistic perpective is doing very hardcore drugs or is in very hardcore denial.

Striek

SolidSnakex said:
Kojima said its a possiblity because there's still over a year of development left in the game.
Did he actually say that? Because wouldn't the most obvious way of interpreting a year of development left be a November 2007 release, the most widely speculated date anyway, which just happens to be three years after MGS3 which was itself three years after MGS2?

Striek said:
Did he actually say that? Because wouldn't the most obvious way of interpreting a year of development left be a November 2007 release, the most widely speculated date anyway, which just happens to be three years after MGS3 which was itself three years after MGS2?

Kojima also had some saddening news to report to the magazine. Konami has previously promised a 2007 release for Metal Gear Solid 4. Apparently, the release will take place, at the earliest, late in the year, as the game still has over a year's development time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733889p1.html

It sounds like he isn't completely sure that he can make that date.

I bet MGS4 will be released in US somewhere in November - December 2007.

And I also bet the reason for the eventual delay is the lack of PS3 dev kits
joking
:lol

Baryn

Banned
Marconelly said:
Welp, this easily looks better than anything else to me. There's just some kind of sublime quality and depth to scenes in this pictures, and a seeming complete lack of object/texture repetition and overall 'gameness'.
You make an excellent point. It doesn't even look like what I recognize to be a videogame. It is truly an interactive continuum. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Finally, real scans. Looks shit hot. Hopefully the Subsistence camera will get fine tuned this time, it looks like they're using the RE4 camera in some shots

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SolidSnakex said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733889p1.html

It sounds like he isn't completely sure that he can make that date.
That still sounds like a November/December 2007 release date to me, though. They said "2007" in general as if they were referring to the entire year and he informed them that it would be late 2007 at the earliest.

That would be so awful if it were delayed, though, as I want to enjoy the game in glorious HD and I'm thinking I may not be around here in 2008 (if things go as planned).

X26

Banned
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Question about the aiming, I see an FPS view and an RE4 style view..are BOTH in the game or is the first person shot not gameplay?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
X26 said:
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Question about the aiming, I see an FPS view and an RE4 style view..are BOTH in the game or is the first person shot not gameplay?
They are probably using FPV for sniper guns. Or perhaps there are both views? You press L2 lightly and go to RE4-view, you press it all the way down and go to FPV? Or press it once for RE4 view, and double tap for FPV.

Yoboman

Gold Member
X26 said:
It's probably like previous MGS games, shots from third person are more wild shots (except now you'll have more a guess of where you're shooting), and then the first person for precision

Notaok

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
I think the best part of this coming generation will be all the spin from Xbots who are now at the bottom of the hardware food chain. :D

...because 360 couldn't handle this? this game, along with everything else shown for ps3 so far, could easily be done on 360. Games like Gears of War and Lost Planet still look a hell of a lot better too... Now obviously we haven't seen mgs4 in motion so that could change but as it stands now the game looks pretty standard for a next-gen game.

bud

Notaok said:
...because 360 couldn't handle this? this game, along with everything else shown for ps3 so far, could easily be done on 360. Games like Gears of War and Lost Planet still look a hell of a lot better too... Now obviously we haven't seen mgs4 in motion so that could change but as it stands now the game looks pretty standard for a next-gen game.

awesome

Notaok said:

Solid Snake - IS = Old Snake

Notaok - A = Not OK

RavenFox

Banned
Notaok said:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
element said:
el downgradeo!

still looks good, nothing like the videos we have seen so far.

:lol :lol

Element you're normally not this bad. I when I say this bad I mean in getting OWNED!!!

12 hours baby.

Notaok said:

Junior members taking over!

jett

D-Member
Those proper scans look awesome! MKII is actually electrocuting the soldiers, and hell I didn't notice Snake lying on the ground at first in the pic with the Gekko. That Octacam shit works. :p

element said:
el downgradeo!

still looks good, nothing like the videos we have seen so far.

:lol Keep the faith alive. I wonder if you've even see the MGS4 trailers. I haven't read the thread but I'm guessing you already got flamed and owned.

Holtz

Notaok said:
:lol:lol:lol
Holy crap. :lol
140304tYCX_w.jpg

Vangellis

Its looking good, its certainly not as amazing looking as some of the early shots we have seen. Early shots for games are always so carefully planned in composition etc. When you see some random and more common shots its a bit more reality grounding. Sort of how driving games look so great in the "photo mode" but when actually playing its not the same.

Although something really has bothered me about every MGS game, the color palette. It wouldn't bother me much but since people have been tripping over the visuals of MGS since the PSX it does. I know its an art direction choice, but its bothersome since I think graphically the restricted color palette is a bit of a copout, realistically speaking. Artistically its way easier to use a few colors than work with the full spectrum. Still they do an amazing job with it... but its like the art director says for MGS2 we are just using blues and greens. This current version looks like browns. I guess thats just the MGS branding, but its sort of getting more blah to me. Color conveys mood and drama, i guess the metal gear guys want you to feel just one way :/

World of warcraft does the limited color palette well since its very varied each zone has its own looks, color, and mood. With MGS its just one. Are they going to give us anything else but browns and blue-greens?

I guess I would like to them step a little bit outside their "safe zone" in the color department.

jett

D-Member
And to all the people complaining about MGS4's color pallette...I'm sure you were all jizzing over a certain recent 8-minute video from a 360 game where ****ing everything is colored dark grey without even thinking about complaining its color palette.

Any guesses of what Snakes doing here?

2932acd2bbe4a6a37c7620ff584bf841.jpg

Given the position it looks like he could be throwing a grenade over his head while still trying to stay hidden on that slope but its hard to tell.

Blablurn

SolidSnakex said:

Given the position it looks like he could be throwing a grenade over his head while still trying to stay hidden on that slope but its hard to tell.

Or he pretends being dead ?!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
but its bothersome since I think graphically the restricted color palette is a bit of a copout
In MGS4, more than ever, the color scheme used is actually very true to life. They've captured the look of many middle eastern cities very well.

I can only assume you haven't played MGS3 by your comment, however. The game is very colorful and changes throughout.

Mononofu

jett said:
And to all the people complaining about MGS4's color pallette...I'm sure you were all jizzing over a certain recent 8-minute video from a 360 game where ****ing everything is colored dark grey without even thinking about complaining its color palette.

QFT

"You're just fessin' man
I don't even wanna hear about it
You're just fessin"

gogogow

SolidSnakex said:

Throwing a grenade, IGN metioned it.
IGN said:
Snake has changed color to match the ground and is attempting to get close to the enemy in order to toss a grenade from close range.

SolidSnakex said:

Judging by his outfit he's pretending to be a standard soldier, they noticed him, and he started waving his hand to show that he's with them.

Top Bottom