• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain screens [1080p]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
THE HYPE IS REAL, SOMEONE HOLD ME
tumblr_mgqp1gKmst1ry10fwo1_400.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
I WANT THIS BADLY.

Yup. Play PW and you will find out the fate of that cybernetic hand. :)

ah i totally forgot about this part
Following ZEKE's destruction, Big Boss retrieved Vladimir Zadornov's prosthetic hand to use as a cigar lighter.

lol...i guess he found another use for it.

i-Lo

The fingers reminds me of FFXIII. Then again, it is a cross gen game (which is running at 60fps and has great lighting).

gogogow

http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/30/50/17/94/beyond-two-souls-screenshot-ME3050179497_2.jpg[/IMG

You said?[/QUOTE]

Is Beyond a game with a huge open world?

Anyway, Konami should really fix the dithering. Unfortunate they don't have better looking models for current gen consoles.

dmr87

Ground Zeroes is one of the best looking console games so far because of its rock solid 60 fps, along with the awesome animations.

This is going to be so good.

Ground Zeroes is one of the best looking console games so far because of its rock solid 60 fps, along with the awesome animations.

This is going to be so good.

Agreed! Also, in the new (albeit brief) gameplay demo, it appeared that several concerns had been addressed, such as pop-in and textures (specifically ground textures). So, they are definitely brushing up the engine as they go along. It's beautiful!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Am I the only one not overly impressed by how this or GZ looks?

I mean, they look ok. Just not....you know, great. Maybe screens don't do them justice.

Palpable

Agreed! Also, in the new (albeit brief) gameplay demo, it appeared that several concerns had been addressed, such as pop-in and textures (specifically ground textures). So, they are definitely brushing up the engine as they go along. It's beautiful!

I don't recall them mentioning anything about pop-in.

mrqs

Did you not play this on the PS4 with a big ass screen or...?

I've played Ground Zeroes on my PS4 and it was not impressive at all. Hopefully The Phantom Pain will be a bit more polish, but, for me, MGSV it's far from a Next-gen game or even an impressive Last-gen game.

That's not a bad thing, i don't really care and i really enjoyed Ground Zeroes and will play The Phantom Pain for sure, but Kojima keeps marketing the Fox Engine as an absolute beauty and it's not.

blacksark

This is going to be the 2015 GOTY without any doubt. My favourite franchise ever, can´t wait to see the e3 trailer although I don't want to see it as there will be lots of spoilers.

AlexIIDX

I've played Ground Zeroes on my PS4 and it was not impressive at all. Hopefully The Phantom Pain will be a bit more polish, but, for me, MGSV it's far from a Next-gen game or even an impressive Last-gen game.

That's not a bad thing, i don't really care and i really enjoyed Ground Zeroes and will play The Phantom Pain for sure, but Kojima keeps marketing the Fox Engine as an absolute beauty and it's not.

Not even impressive for last gen? The fuck?

Betty

Banned
Partially:

A12qwn.gif

No, not partially, you are restricted the whole way, the path is as linear as it gets, you have next to nothing to interact with like AI or jumps or anything like that and your actual abilities amount to being able to get on the horse, ride it and get off it.

I'm not doubting Quantic Dream's graphical capabilities, but when you have so little input and actual control over a game I don't find it that impressive when you manage to pull off amazing graphics.

MGSV has undoubtedly being hindered graphically by being a cross gen game, but it's art style and most importantly of all, gameplay, will hopefully make it pretty damn special.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Looking pretty nice. Like GZ, not the best looking next-gen game around, but it will more than suffice.

One thing though: They need to use some of that MGS4 moustache tech on those beards in the close ups. It's kind of baffling that the facial hair looks sooo poor here when the same studio already nailed it in their last game!

Am I the only one not overly impressed by how this or GZ looks?

I mean, they look ok. Just not....you know, great. Maybe screens don't do them justice.

I know what you mean, I'm not really impressed either but the graphics are still pretty good it's just not as impressive as MGS4 was back in 2008. If you compare something like The Order: 1886 and these screens, there's a difference. I'm not complaining though, can't wait to play TPP.

Nizz

Whatever happened to the word 'that'. I miss that guy.

Also, I second this. Want 1080p 60fps? Don't bitch when it means games look less glamorous.
Yep. The fact this game to me looks great and it runs at 1080p/60fps seals it.

Palpable

I play GZ on PS4 on a 55" Samsung 240hz TV. I have to respectfully disagree with you about it not looking amazing. To each their own.

It wasn't something they brought up, it was something that was noticeably missing from The Phantom Pain. In Ground Zeroes, bushes would pop-in would occur right underneath Snake's feet, for example.

Oh I recall the pop in. I STILL play GZ all the time (everyday!), but saying pop in is totally gone after seeing that less than 2 minute demo is a bit jumping the gun. I hope you're right, though. I really don't want any pop in during TPP.

Oh I recall the pop in. I STILL play GZ all the time (everyday!), but saying pop in is totally gone after seeing that less than 2 minute demo is a bit jumping the gun. I hope you're right, though. I really don't want any pop in during TPP.

Yeah, I was saying that it appeared to have been fixed (at least to a certain extent). You couldn't walk a foot in Snake's shoes without that pop-in. Doesn't stop me from loving the game; I'm right there with you, I play it every day, as well. They said back in 2011 that they would be brushing up the engine as they go along, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think that they can work out little graphical kinks as the game nears completion!

boinx

beyond-two-souls-screenshot-ME3050179497_2.jpg

You said?

Beyond is a great looking game for sure considering the hardware but it isn't an open world game and has black bars taking up the screen to maintain a better framerate. And it has the benefit of having been developed for one console only.

mrqs

Not even impressive for last gen? The fuck?

Yep. In Ground Zeroes the shadows, overall textures (really terrible), explosions (worse than CoD, really) and pop-ins are REALLY bad. For me, a Next-gen game must be better looking than any great looking Last-gen game. Ground Zeroes on PS4 is not better looking than, for exemple, Uncharted 3 (keeping the resolution and anti-aliasing aside).

I'm not saying that's a bad game, i don't even care that much actually, it's just technically not impressive and Kojima keeps marketing that it is.

Boss Mog

People like to diss Japanese devs these days, but I see a great looking game that runs at 1080p/60fps on PS4, so Japan has still got it in my opinion. Can't wait for this game and whatever Platinum's first PS4 game turns out to be.

gorfyako

Banned
One of these days I'm going to get around to playing through Peace Walker. I started it sometime last year on the 360, but never got past the first chapter, I think. Sucks as I'm hyped as all fuck for Phantom Pain. That trailer was A+ material and I'm sure I'll buy it day one. I don't see how any other game can stand up to Phantom Pain in 2015.

Top Bottom