• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Mighty No. 9 Trailer: Masterclass

it's like they read Masters of Doom and got the wrong idea that the type of crass publicity you made for your games as an independent dev in the mid 1990s is the same today.

OVDRobo

What a crappy trailer.

Narration is cringe-worthy and the game still looks pretty bad (visually).

Ah well. I'll keep an open mind just in case the gameplay is actually really good, though this game has a lot going against it at this point.

Berordn

Why are the graphics just so horrendous

I'd have guessed something to do with performance and lots of enemies on screen at once, but it's so zoomed in and I only saw 4-5 at a time, so that's out.

Kind of wish we could get the art style from the original engine test back.

Ouroboros

An anime fan on prom night? Wut?

these trailers are horrible. They are geared towards little kids when 30 year olds funded this game.

Peru

The game might be good, I haven't played it, but it's all presented so poorly. Remember that super well done opening kickstarter video? Hit every note right, made an emotional connection between the man, videogames history and the fans. They sure don't use the same PR people anymore.

Why everyone hatin' on the narration? I loved it. I went from "kickstarter backer jaded by delays and don't even care about the game" to "amused kickstarter backer who will probably actually play it when it drops"

Cmagus

Looks alright but yeah they really should lose the narration it's really bad and this game has an amazing soundtrack they should have just used one of the game tracks. I didn't mind the beta when I tried it and the game plays really well so hopefully the final game is as good.

NdoIm7.gif

My reaction

Dem downvotes. I guess this is the new YouTube thing in 2016.

Seems like the west is discovering the down vote button. Hit any Japanese video with the likes enabled and its always 50/50 lol.

Game looks ok though, not a backer or follower of it however.

these trailers are horrible. They are geared towards little kids when 30 year olds funded this game.

That's probably the idea since that demographic and the people who backed it probably already know what it is and whether they want it... or just hate it already because it was delayed and apparently looks bad.

Ranmo

Game looks great but jeez. I would have thought they would have learned a lesson from the last trailer.

Branduil

Warcraft and Call of Duty can breathe easy now knowing that no matter what, they don't have the worst trailer in 2016.

Venfayth

I have a lot of faith in Iga and I know Inti Creates can put out good games, but seeing how horrible this looks makes me a little nervous about having backed Bloodstained.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The "cutscene" interjections look like amateur tier shit made in Garry's Mod or Source Filmmaker. Its all just so... embarrassing.

Kneefoil

When I saw the like/dislike ratio, I thought it's mostly people being salty over all the "drama" surrounding the development. Little did I know, the trailer had a mighty cringey narrator. Might've been an alright trailer if it hadn't been for that.

rhandino

Banned
An anime fan on prom night? Wut?

Well, those people already bought the game so they are better of marketing the game towards a new demographic so they will get more sales out of it.

wd72lze.gif

Aeana

I'm past the point of regretting how much I put into this game and being salty about it. Now it's fun to just laugh at the train wreck.

MaLDo

Sad that art style and graphics is ugly, but the game looks really fun

Mmmm... maybe if you like DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, FIRE, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, FIRE, FIRE, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, FIRE, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, .......zzzz.zzz.z...zzzzzzzzzzz

Worst thing is I've already bought the game. Damn it!!

guggnichso

Banned
You know, the funny thing is, the people who liked and played Mega Man back then have a hughe overlap with early anime fans that imported stuff like Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion back then.

Ok, nowdays it seems like anime fan is another moniker for pedophile on the internet, and I personally haven't watched any anime since the end of the evangelion series, but come on. This is just weird bullshit.

I get that they seem to aim to recreate the style of end 80s/early 90s saturday morning Nintendo Game adverts, but the way they present it with this bland looking game...

It just backfires.

jumping = pressing a button to move vertically at a speed faster than your character typically walks

dashing = pressing a button to move horizontally at a speed faster than your character typically walks

As a person who always thought this game looked super unappealing, and well, rather hideous, and also had no inclination to be interested in it since I wasn't a Megaman fan, the gameplay in this trailer looks fun.

Top Bottom