• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Mighty No. 9 Trailer: Masterclass

As someone who agrees people should be able to laugh at themselves, it's still a shit trailer. The jokes aren't funny, the delivery isn't funny, the footage isn't exciting.

It is pretty bad. Feels like it's aimed toward the early teen crowd in the 90's.

Vertti

It's pretty cheap on cdkeys so I guess I'll bite. Though it's ptobably the craziest ten days ever with Mighty Number 9, #FE, No Man's Sky, Zero Time Dilemma and Star Ocean 5 all coming between 6/21-7/1. My wallet cries.

gafneo

Banned
I mean sure, XY doesn't look great but that's also on the 3DS. This is a PS4 game

It,s a crowdfunded indie game. The Way on Steam doesn't take full use of 2 1080gtx graphics cards, does that make you hate that game's visuals too?

blamite

fuGzJTo.png
I'm consistently impressed by just how unattractive this game managed to turn out.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
You mean like Pokemon?

Confused by this, I mean Pokemon has art direction so it still actually looks good despite not being a technical marvel graphically.

MN9 looks like color barf nothing creates any kind of visual harmony at least for me.

It's full of cheesy dialogue but i dig it. It's different maybe and that's why it's clicking with me.

The game looks fun to me, will buy unless the reviews are like 2/10.

Yikes. There's no personality in the level design, the narrow hallways are pretty much just surrounded by darkness. The flashing combo seizure text takes up way too much screen space. The character models are rough. If the script for this ad is any indication the dialogue will be atrocious.

What is the opposite of hype?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This just looks awful. I can't believe how much time was spent on making this game and it looks... well, it doesn't look like it should have taken 3 years!

MicH

It,s a crowdfunded indie game. The Way on Steam doesn't take full use of 2 1080gtx graphics cards, does that make you hate that game's visuals too?
As long as there is actual art direction behind it the visual can be whatever. I just think this game looks extremely unappealing and bland. You were the one comparing it to a 3DS game

zoukka

The narration wasn't that bad for video game standards. I laughed about the prom thing. Also the dash that makes you breakfast.

The game assets look pretty junky doe. I hope the gameplay is good.

I still wish the game would have looked like the first "screenshot" for their campaign:
mighty-no-9-concept-art.jpg

But the gameplay in the demo was pretty fun

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Judging from the videos, the dash looks like the worst part of the game. Seems very overpowered and boring. It doesn't look like there's any reason at all to use your ranged weapons against any non-boss enemies.

Dodging enemy attacks in mega man is part of what makes it fun, but this makes it seem like you can spam dash all day and not have to worry about anything except keeping your score multiplier up, which is best achieved by doing more dashes.

I suppose we'll see how it goes when it releases, but they're clearly pushing the dash as being the thing about this game.

khaaan

Narration is a little cringey (and probably intentional) but meh, I thought it was fine. The trailer was a good overview of what the game is and was almost completely gameplay. I think the ship has sailed for this game though because people are at a stage where they want to hate it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wow.
Seriously, is somebody at Deep Silver actively trying to kill this game? How can you release this trailer?

KevinCow

Banned
I just don't understand how this game happened. How do you set out to make a spiritual successor to Mega Man with the original creator of Mega Man running the whole thing and wind up with... this?

Top Bottom