• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Mighty No. 9 Trailer: Masterclass

BBsFR1f.png

Tohsaka

Aren't they making an anime of this? Probably not the wisest idea to make jokes about anime fans if you want them watch your show when it comes out.

I'm getting massive Crash Bandicoot 2 trailer vibes of the announcer trying way too hard to be hip and cool.

Though I will admit, "...make them cry like an anime fan on prom night" got me.

And I don't know what it up with the art/graphical direction of the game. It just looks so outdated, i.e. the game was made for the PS2 era. Even given the game is being released for past-gen consoles, there are PS3/360/Wii U games that look better than this. :/

80x4VLW.gif

Well I laughed. At it, but I laughed.

Boy is this game butt-ugly and the features sure weren't impressive. "you got like several dashes and absorb powers!"

Samemind

Mmmm... maybe if you like DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, FIRE, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, FIRE, FIRE, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, JUMP, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, FIRE, JUMP, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, DASH, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, dash, .......zzzz.zzz.z...zzzzzzzzzzz

Worst thing is I've already bought the game. Damn it!!

I liked Megaman X, so

Crocodile

Man I had to pause like 15 seconds in and take a breather because the cringe was too strong. Shitty narration and aesthetics leave a lot to be desired but gameplay still looks as solid as its always been.

Seems fine to me for what it's trying to be/do. I bet you're the type of guy who hated the ending song to Symphony of the Night :p

EDIT: Ok the part where some backers talk at the end is kind of cringeworthy but they paid money to be there so what can you do.

DJIzana

Man I had to pause like 15 seconds in and take a breather because the cringe was too strong. Shitty narration and aesthetics leave a lot to be desired but gameplay still looks as solid as its always been.

Seems fine to me for what it's trying to be/do. I bet you're the type of guy who hated the ending song to Symphony of the Night :p

Never played Symphony of the Night.... but I am someone who liked the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST (based on the response above I can see why some people think X's OST is odd). I dunno, I don't mind some of the songs in Xenoblade but this... I dunno. My hate for this game is also driven by what I know internally about its development as well. :p

Toxi

Banned
Okay, who the fuck is handling the marketing for this game and why are they going out of their way to make the most annoying 90s-esque voice-overs ever?

a harpy

Aren't they making an anime of this? Probably not the wisest idea to make jokes about anime fans if you want them watch your show when it comes out.

But it's just that - a joke. It's not like the devs think anime is just for dorks. Look at the companies behind it. I'm sure a large majority of them are anime fans.

It's a stupid joke, but that's neither here nor there :p

I actually think this trailer is the best the game has ever looked. From what I've seen, and the way I've seen people react to the game across the internet, I thought it was going to be much uglier/more cumbersome. Looks decent. Can't wait to see reviews.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I watched it on mute because I'm at work... dont know what everyone is talking about but this game looks pretty good. I suggest watching it with no sound lol.

I strongly dislike this trailer, it's REALLY bad.

The game itself doesn't look very interesting either. I have a feeling that its critical reception will be lukewarm.

Anteater

Hope the actual game has more interesting enemies than that, not a good idea to show off mostly dash spamming and killing enemies from behind that aren't attacking you, makes it barely anything that looks like mega man

Narration aside, this still feels so bland and generic, both in looks and gameplay. It would be much easier to give it a pass in a reality where Shovel Knight doesn't exist.

gafneo

Banned
Oh those down votes are purely on the anime joke. No doubt about it. People need to learn to laugh at themselves once and awhile.

Toxi

Banned
Oh those down votes are purely on the anime joke. No doubt about it. People need to learn to laugh at themselves once and awhile.
As someone who agrees people should be able to laugh at themselves, it's still a shit trailer. The jokes aren't funny, the delivery isn't funny, the footage isn't exciting.

SerTapTap

Faux-edgy trailer for anime styled game based on anime styled game series mocks anime fans, generally sucks.

Also "dashing like a moon man"

Horrible direction aside, the "constantly dash through 50 long strings of identical weak enemies" level design doesn't seem very enticing.

Yes, no one disliked this game until that joke, very positive impressions.

MicH

God, the game still looks awful. I hate how empty everything looks. Hate the graphic style. Looks like a bad 3D animated kids show

Top Bottom