• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Mighty No. 9 Trailer: Masterclass

keero16

Neo Member
Yes, he has no hair under the helmet...

2y2pXA2.png

Wow, that's prettttty ugly. I wonder why they went with no hair, it's already taking enough from Mega Man.

Evilmaus

Yeah, that narrator was pretty cringeworthy, but I'm incredibly happy he at least wasn't shouting those lines or something.

The graphics are lackluster (as we've known for a while) but it at least looks nice and colourful.

As for the gameplay itself, it looks fun. Is it the spiritual successor to Mega Man I was hoping for? No, probably not. But I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is.

Not going in with massive expectations, but I won't slate the end product on account of it's rough dev-cycle. I'm sure it'll be a perfectly enjoyable 2D platformer, and I might even come out of it pleasantly surprised.

Time shall tell!

RK128

The game has a lot of color now based on that trailer; it looks a lot brighter compared to past demos.

Looking forward to this game :). Hope it turns out well :D.

I fear for Bloodstained's future. I backed both that and MN9 and I'm not excited to play MN9. I am for Bloodstained, though. And since both are being developed by Inti Creates I cant help but be worried even though I know it doesnt necessarily mean anything.

And I backed MN9 for $60 (and its physical empty box I've yet to hear anything about since the Kickstarter) and $100 for Bloodstained.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I fear for Bloodstained's future. I backed both that and MN9 and I'm not excited to play MN9. I am for Bloodstained, though. And since both are being developed by Inti Creates I cant help but be worried even though I know it doesnt necessarily mean anything.

And I backed MN9 for $60 (and its physical empty box I've yet to hear anything about since the Kickstarter) and $100 for Bloodstained.

Why would you be worried. Are Bloodstained backers lying? I was under the impression that communication and how they generally handle backers has been way better than with MN9.

+ their visual shader tests, that's more than we ever got in MN9. What I've seen from Bloodstained actually already looks good and improving each time they show it.

bumpkin

Is it just me or does the game actually look a lot better than when we saw it last? It looks a lot cleaner and more colorful than the demo was.

Why would you be worried. Are Bloodstained backers lying? I was under the impression that communication and how they generally handle backers has been way better than with MN9.

+ their visual shader tests, that's more than we ever got in MN9. What I've seen from Bloodstained actually already looks good and improving each time they show it.

Communication has definitely been better, but at the end of the day it's probably right to worry because this IS the same development studio.

Balb

I'd forgive all of the pre-release botches of this game if the game itself is good, but I don't think impressions have been that good.

mhayes86

Yeesh. I lost interest in the game a while ago, and that trailer certainly didn't make things any better. I'll still wait for user impressions once the game is released to help decide if it's worth getting.

Berordn

2007? I think they were purposely going for 2001 retro. Mega Man 9 went with 1985. Is that a bad thing?

Mega Man 9 wasn't a (3.8 million, initially) crowdfunded game and only cost 10 dollars as a DD title. MN9 is 30 dollars at retail, the comparison isn't exactly apt.

Nokterian

Deep Silver is desperate a bit too desperate this trailer is fucking embarrassing and the game? Yeah i backed it but i couldn't be bothered to play it.

Yogg

I cringed a few times watching this.

The game seems to be decently fun, but considering the wait, I expected something more. It looks pretty raw in that trailer.

Why all this narration that try way too hard to convince you it's cool. I don't want somebody to told me if it's cool, I want to see it for myself and make my own mind whether it's cool or not.

Isn't at one point this gonna get cartoon etc. So they must have written somethings like backstory for the characters and the world. Why not tell me that instead. Like the backstory for all the Mighty numbers, who's the villain etc.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
MN9 was a mistake

"Do you like awesome things that are awe-" *muted*

Game looks fun though, albeit visually underwhelming. The combo mechanic looks really addicting.

Why do the explosions look so... bad? I can't even get upset at the trailer narration I just want to get my backer copy play it for half an hour and finally be put at peace.

That Gearbox humor

l0K4hqjz0hNNyLlL2.gif

Even if the visuals are... rough, I still think the game looks like it could be fun, honestly, but man have they done a consistently awful job of presenting it.

Top Bottom