• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Minna No Golf (Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf) announced for PS4

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
One of my favorite franchises but wasn't impressed by that trailer at all, the characters look odd to me, they look more xbox avatars than 'anime', love the character art style in the current games.

I think people will be much happier once the Famitsu screens are officially released. They're focused much more on the golf aspect. With that said, it's clear that they're implementing the resort aspect that was mentioned during last years reveal. So while golfing is obviously the focus, they're trying to implement activities that you can do outside of that. Which I think is smart as golf isn't really one of the big sports when it comes to gaming. I just hope one of those activities ends up being tennis.

Pachimari

Everybody's Golf for Vita gotta be one of my favorite online games in recent times, so I'm super excited to see how it plays out on PlayStation 4. I'm there day one!

This makes me a happy boy. I knew it was coming, but finally getting some media even if it's very early is nice.

I can't wait to reconnect with my pals from Out of Bounds and World Invitational. I haven't been able to play with them for a couple years due to weakness. Hopefully once I get weaned from lorazepam finally I'll be back to full strength. Getting off that med after five years is no joke. At least I didn't miss a major release in the series in that time :)

TMC

Kicking that ball around in the PS3 lobby waiting for a tee time was so much fun!
sigh

Yes, it was! I loved the multiplayer on the PS3 game.

Its about time we get a new Hot Shots Golf on a console! Absolutely on board for this. That video was pretty underwhelming, but the screenshots look pretty good.

sn00zer

One of my favorite franchises but wasn't impressed by that trailer at all, the characters look odd to me, they look more xbox avatars than 'anime', love the character art style in the current games.

Funny enough Hot Shots has had the best localization of just about any game series. The western version redesigned all their characters to follow American cartoon stylings. Kinda wish they kept doing this.

Minna No Golf 3
uB8EB2G.png

Hot Shots golf 3 (the character models look MUCH better in game)

Hot Shots has never been about graphics. It's all about relaxing, deep, charming gameplay.

Agreed with this,but the issue I have right now is that this looks like a noticeable step down from the previous release (aside from resolution) and that was on the Vita! Waiting for more media to come out, the screenshots are helping to calm me a little after that awful trailer but i'm still some way from convinced.

I want to see if Amy's in. No Amy, no sale!

True, but the player models look literally worse (artistically at least) than the PS2 games
newmingol2015seps02png-995f85.png

mike_krushaar_from_hot_shots_golf_fore_by_tatianareynacortez-d7cmi92.jpg

Yup, exactly. I don't understand people defending this with "its not about the graphics". No one who loves this series is in it for the graphics. But we expect at least a minor step up from the previous game, and for the art style and characters to be maintained? That seems fair enough. So far, this fails on both counts and manages to look significantly worse than previous titles on inferior hardware... :S

Placiibo

Banned
There is some new info up on the Sony Japan website for the game. It mentions fishing, karting and skydiving as mini games and shows a second course. There are also some pics of what looks like starting characters that you would I assume customize. Check out the link.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/newmingol.html

Thanks I was hoping for new info. So it's not playable at TGS? Release window?

Also, it's rated Cero? isn't that equivalent to T? Its the mini skirts isn't it.

kdoll08

Thanks I was hoping for new info. So it's not playable at TGS? Release window?

Also, it's rated Cero? isn't that equivalent to T? Its the mini skirts isn't it.

I'm not sure if it's playable or not as its not open to the public until Saturday but I'd be surprised if it is considering all they showed was a trailer. But maybe we learn something new. They mentioned a second course on the website that they never showed in the trailer.

There is some new info up on the Sony Japan website for the game. It mentions fishing, karting and skydiving as mini games and shows a second course. There are also some pics of what looks like starting characters that you would I assume customize. Check out the link.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/newmingol.html

Oh karting on the greens looks fun.

I hope for more Golf Clubs than just those two (at least 8 I hope).

Didnt understand the part about the outfits.

Yes, it was! I loved the multiplayer on the PS3 game.

Its about time we get a new Hot Shots Golf on a console! Absolutely on board for this. That video was pretty underwhelming, but the screenshots look pretty good.

Imagine having 10 minutes on the putting green while you can see other players tee off in real time or being able to drive your cart around getting a bottle of water at the clubhouse, it would almost be like real life!

wapplew

Reading famitsu interview, the game seems to have some RPG element like player growth.
They want the game back to its roots and more open to new comer.

Hype raising!

I hope the game have quirky named character like previous HSG with their specific stats and playstyle as well as simple background story. would be cool if they're NPC in the game world and you could interact with them etc.

actually, would be awesome if they bring back some of those characters as cameo as well

: ' )

I am going to WORK all of you at this game. My ps3 version crapped out after some weird errors I could never fixed. Always ready for more HSG

Jay Sosa

Jesus the trailer looks horrible, almost like an upscaled PS2 game. Also what happened to the character models? They look bland as hell..almost like Miis (or whatever those thingies are called).

Anyways: Will there be a game mode similar to the adventure mode of the PSP tennis game? Cause that was fun as hell.

Top Bottom