• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Minna No Golf (Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf) announced for PS4

Loudninja

For the new page

More pics and info here
https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog...rl\ Edit:Silly me its been posted already :P

Pachimari

We need a translation badly.

Hot Shots Golf is one of the best franchises in gaming but this new one looks like ass. What the hell was that?

I still don't see how it looks like ass.
If the gameplay is up to snuff, and there's a great online community, then the visuals are easy to swallow. But I wouldn't say it looks bad.

[edit]
What I gather so far is, that you can take a golf car and drive from one hole to the next, and walk freely around the environment.
It also seems like you can create your own character and upgrade them.
It seems like all courses are connected on this one island, and you can go fishing in the pond, and sky diving. There's other activities you can do with your friends as well.

In New Hot Shots Golf, you’ll get to freely walk around the golf courses as you play, which opens some strategic elements for being able to aim for the green from various angles. There are various rules to pick from to make custom games.

You’ll get to make your own character and grow their skills. For example, adding more power will let them hit their drives farther, and so on.

New Hot Shots Golf will introduce various event missions for online play, including some that are exclusive to online mode. In addition to competitive modes, there will also be co-op features where you’ll get to work with other players.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/2...4-has-fishing-skydiving-and-other-activities/

This seems like a really smart direction for the series. It still retains the golf that everyone loves, but it may be able to pull more people in since it's no longer just golf. I'm still hoping that they include tennis. Even if it's not fully fleshed out in terms of modes. Just drop the mechanics of Everybody's Tennis into the game with online play and it'd be fine.

hort22

here are some new screenshots

NewHotShotGolf-12.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-10.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-7.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-13.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-17.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-15.jpg

NewHotShotGolf-16.jpg

Sooner this comes out the better, always had a blast playing Everybody's golf. I need my golf fix and after the Rory McIlroy debacle from EA this should be a lot of fun.

Tenebrous

This is the title that pushes me over the edge and gets me to (re)buy the PS4. Hopefully the release date is close.

Absolutely love EG games.

One of my most anticipated games right now. I've been going for the platinum trophy on Vita and I'm ready for a new one on PS4.

Jeels

This looks so disappointing. :( How can a game look worse than it's Vita predecessor. Both aesthetically (especially) but also technically it seems like. I'm sure it's doing way more in the bg with all the social features, but I'm still disappointed nonetheless.

thelastword

Banned
These screens look a bit fuzzy. I love HSG, but the games on PS3 needed AA and this one looks like it needs it too. I wish that would be a priority for them. This should have 8xMSAA plus TAA like Tearaway IMO, it would look so much better, 16xAF is a must too.

Gameplaywise, there's no contest though, since the PS1 days.

Hot Shots Fore! Is still my favorite of the series. Absolutely great list of characters and great swing animations and couse design. Always thought the vita games went a bit too realistic with the characters.

Nothing more fun in the golf world though then a well struck super backspin shot that hits the flag and zooms up it and down into the whole though for an ace or eagle. Love me some Hot Shots

krae_man

Just played it. You walk or drive a golf cart from hole to hole. At first I though it would just slow things down but then a team challenge started where everyone at the kiosk was pit onto groups and there was a contest to see who could score the best in 6 minutes.

Do you race to the closest hole? Or the Par 5? Decisions decisions.

Took me to the end of the demo to get the swing timing down. I was getting really frustrated but I started getting perfect impacts and hit a chip in eagle while my view was completely blinded by a shrub:lol

Just played it. You walk or drive a golf cart from hole to hole. At first I though it would just slow things down but then a team challenge started where everyone at the kiosk was pit onto groups and there was a contest to see who could score the best in 6 minutes.

Do you race to the closest hole? Or the Par 5? Decisions decisions.

Took me to the end of the demo to get the swing timing down. I was getting really frustrated but I started getting perfect impacts and hit a chip in eagle while my view was completely blinded by a shrub:lol

How are the game's visuals IRL?

kdoll08

I recorded someone playing for a couple minutes. Most people suck though so it isn't good gameplay.

I'll upload it when I have time.

Please do Krae. I've seen some stuff but it was nicely edited to be shown on twitch. I'd like to see more of a real person playing

Top Bottom