• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm screens

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Xrenity said:
What.

It's just stupid to:
- bring small screens out which don't do the game justice
- bring HUGE screens out which don't do the game justice

But the game does look just like those small screens.

Dante

Oooh can't wait to see the rain video. I am so hyped that i'll actually be able to play the demo on the 17th :)

Ranger X

I just remembered something. Isn't this game supposed to have "real time terrain deformation" ?
It's nowhere to be seen yet!

Dante

gofreak said:
'Rain' is probably the track Raingod Mesa i.e. not a reference to weather effects.

Ahhh You are most likely right......Oh well :)

I just remembered something. Isn't this game supposed to have "real time terrain deformation" ?

It's in like every video showed so far.

Ranger X said:

17198bf8a7.jpg

"Hey"

jakster4u

Ranger X said:

somebody that has played(don't remember who said this) said that the demo currently being shown doesn't have very much defromation because the ground is more rocky on that level, but later levels have much more.

raviolico

little bit OT but....know what?

everytime i see a screen or a clip of Motorstorm' majestic dessert landscapes i think to myself:

the day team ICO announce their next project for PS3 (if they stick with the art direction and scenario) will truly be a day to remember for the gaming world....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
motorusbis5.jpg

Those Heavenly Sword art assets are getting around again ;)

Seriously, that just looks crazy. Even factoring in the kind of IQ we know from larger shots, it's seriously getting very very very CG-like. Seeing the constant improvement actually makes me glad they're giving it another few months!

I shudder to think what Motorstorm 2, or Evo's next project, will look like. In a really good way.

edit - oh, and I like the blimp.

Raistlin

sonycowboy said:
WHat's sad is it's going to be hard for this game to sell well. In every "what games are you hyped for" survey I've seen (outside of GAF), Motorstorm is wayyy down the charts. It usually goes something like this.

1) Resistance
2) COD 3
3) Ridge Racer
4) Madden
5) Sonic

Motorstorm usually gets like 2-4% of the votes :(

Here's to hoping that the Gamepro/EGM/Game Informer type surveys aren't a precursor to the future.

Probably because it ain't a launch title ... while the others are.

One must be careful how the question is asked.

VNZ

Oh crud. I intended to hold out with my PS3 purchase until christmas 2007... But each new batch of Motorstorm (and RR7) footage makes that whole idea a little less likely. It's rare that screens (and gif anims!) communicates such a sense of sheer fun like Motorstorm does.

Here's hoping for Motorstorm 2 with ~32 vehicles at 60 fps!

Onix said:
Probably because it ain't a launch title ... while the others are.

One must be careful how the question is asked.

I`m pumped for motorstorm, and at the moment it and heavenly sword are the only games that interest me, exclusive wise.

But I won`t be getting a PS3 for a while, so maybe I don`t count

Raistlin

plagiarize said:
'photo realism' is overrated anyways. the lighting and colours in these shots look nothing like real life. the most recent MotoGP game was more photo realistic than Motorstorm... but Motorstorm still looks better to me, espescially in motion.

In motion ... it has (to me) the best lighting I've ever seen in a game ... and not just by a little bit.

gofreak said:
motorusbis5.jpg

Those Heavenly Sword art assets are getting around again ;)

2n717y9.gif
@ pics

yeah that's what I said in the GTHD thread. Looks like GT, Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword are using the same cloth dynamics code. Pretty sweet :D

Anyway what have they done to this game? Looks like they added HDR, motion blur was toned down, cloth dynamics are in as well. I hope they achieve the 20 player target though!

Does this game have any long endurance tracks? The tracks they have shown so far seem pretty short :(

Raistlin

NinSoX said:
It looks really good. My only concern is the (rumored?) 8 tracks but I am sure online will prolong this game.

IMO, 8 tracks is fine ... since every race will play a little different due to the physics/terrain deformation.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Angelcurio said:
Motorstorm being PS3´s killer app confirmed. I am more interested in this game that in any other launch window title.
hey look, it's one of the real GAF heroes!

mr. quotes a post full of pictures

Shawn

Banned
Those screens that were just posted a few posts up... er, are they real-time, in-game graphics. I have a hard time believing they are.

Amir0x

Banned
My lord, and always in motion it looks so incredible. Just up the ante on the sense of speed, and this game is gonna excel on every level.

It's a game I really want to support because...

1.) It shows that more power doesn't just equal better graphics, it equals better gameplay. It is doing things related to gameplay impossible on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii generation.

2.) It delivers on next-gen promises. Ironic, because it simultaneously fails quite to meet its own CG video... and yet, it still looks so amazing that it matches what I thought next-gen would look like prior to 'rocket down to Earth360-ton.'

3.) It just sounds fun, with all the different vehicle types and shortcuts and destruction... this is the full package.

Definitely one of the games I intend to purchase when I finally get a PS3.

Amir0x said:
Just up the ante on the sense of speed, and this game is gonna excel on every level.

Go watch the latest IGN videos, they fixed the speed and I thought with booster the cars were a little too fast... anyway right now they need to fix the frame rate and increase the ai cars to 20

lunlunqq

WOW!!!!

These new screens likes crazy, however, I must point out that there are something much better than those screens -
MotorStorm gifs... MotorStorm in motion is pure sex!!!!

lunlunqq

BTW, I hope the game provide a "record reply" function such that ppl can store and share the crazy moments in their gameplay. :D

Top Bottom