• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm screens

AAK said:
Wow, how come I've never heard of evolution studios before? If some new underground developer can come up with this, I can't begin to ponder what Sony's Santa Monica studios has in store for the PS3, let alone TEAM ICO.

They aren't really that underground. They made some of the best looking racing games on the PS2 this gen (WRC), but most of them weren't released in the US. So alot of people have never heard of them before.

ChryZ

AAK said:
Wow, how come I've never heard of evolution studios before? If some new underground developer can come up with this, I can't begin to ponder what Sony's Santa Monica studios has in store for the PS3, let alone TEAM ICO.
You might wanna read up on Evolution Studios, they are hardly underground.

From looking at the newest trailer with the Nirvana song, the demo build shown recently is certainly different and older than this newest of builds (which looks fvcking unbelievable).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
PA260027.jpg

:D

Wow, awesome draw distance. This game really is a technical wonder. I just hope the sense of speed matches the visuals - if it does, wow.

SamBishop

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Wow, awesome draw distance. This game really is a technical wonder. I just hope the sense of speed matches the visuals - if it does, wow.

Dude, ease off a little. That's in effect a skybox. It's retarded to draw full geometry out that far when it's not going to affect the actual game.

Moderation Unlimited said:
From looking at the newest trailer with the Nirvana song, the demo build shown recently is certainly different and older than this newest of builds (which looks fvcking unbelievable).

Yeah, but... dude... Nirvana.

ram

Striek said:
Evo studios do (done?) the WRC series. Great gameplay, awesome graphics.

ergh - at least the part with the awesome visuals is true. in terms of gameplay, we will see. wrc had a real problem throughout the series with the weight of the cars. they were to light and therefore you could fly huge distances, if you lost grip, making emerging gameplay impossible in the end.

gofreak said:
Just because some might be interested to know, that shot is in Edge's preview..so these shots may not all be from the latest builds of the game.

The real question should be how new is the demo build vs. the newest in-progress development build of the game? Were gamers playing a build of the game that was stable but a couple of months old?

On the gameplay front, Evo mentioned in the recent Edge article that they were toying with an option to enable persistent crashes during a race. So say there's a wreck in front of a valuable ramp or something, that would add an emergent obstacle to the track. That would be cool. I'd like to see a no-respawn option as well for the hardcore types (like me). Or at least a significant delay for online play (15/20 seconds or so) to help boost the risk/reward factor. That would add a little extra drama to those terrific crashes. :D

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
On the gameplay front, Evo mentioned in the recent Edge article that they were toying with an option to enable persistent crashes during a race. So say there's a wreck in front of a valuable ramp or something, that would add an emergent obstacle to the track. That would be cool. I'd like to see a no-respawn option as well for the hardcore types (like me). Or at least a significant delay for online play (15/20 seconds or so) to help boost the risk/reward factor. That would add a little extra drama to those terrific crashes. :D

I know in interviews they've said the quick respawn you see is there so that you always feel in the action. They don't want people to feel like they have to wait. It's suppose to be action, action, action all the time. But what you've suggested isn't a bad idea.

And Sony's really be pushing ATV Offroad Fury 4 alot. I know its a popular series, but I wonder if they're also trying to get people who're interested in Motorstorm to pay attention to that also. They've added different vehicles into it with this one also.

Bad_Boy said:

It's all vibrant and pleasant to the eye and stuff but the geometry detail, environment textures and texture filtering still suck, case in point: look at the track surface and canyon walls. I don't get how people can hail this game as if it were the second coming of christ or something.

EDIT: Also, does this game have only one track or something.. because every single photo we've seen seems to be from the same red canyon..

teiresias

tahrikmili said:
It's all vibrant and pleasant to the eye and stuff but the geometry detail, environment textures and texture filtering still suck, case in point: look at the track surface and canyon walls. I don't get how people can hail this game as if it were the second coming of christ or something.

Have you actually seen any videos of this game? I mean, at all?

God forbid you don't find something GAF hypes incredible. Cue the LOL smileys, the more the better, YOU KNOW IT!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bud

tahrikmili said:
God forbid you don't find something GAF hypes incredible. Cue the LOL smileys, the more the better, YOU KNOW IT!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

tahrikmili said:
Yes I have, the gameplay looks fun but the graphics are simply not that great.

Now, why did I know that you'd say something like this from the moment I saw your username here?

edit: Oh dear god I missed the first part of your trolling:

That deserves a :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I hope they put the option in. Default to non-persitent crashes if you want, but put the persistence option in.

fortified_concept said:
Now, why did I know that you'd say something like this from the moment I saw your username here?

edit: Oh dear god I missed the first part of your trolling:

That deserves a :lol

tahrikmili = total xbot. I dunno why he is in this thread anyway...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
tahrikmili said:
but the geometry detail, environment textures and texture filtering still suck, case in point: look at the track surface and canyon walls.
What the hell... Have you looked at 720p videos? The texture detail in the track is really good, they put parallax mapping to good use with cracks on the road and such. It also looks like it's using at 4xAF or so, there's no all to familiar blurring in the distance of the track.

Raistlin

I hope there is an option to watch our crashes fully 'finish' ...

I love the chaos. Most of the videos have you respawn before the crash completes though.

It doesn't have to be in-game either, as long as it is in the replays.

That reminds me, does anyone know what sort of replay capabilities this has? I'm really hoping you can move the camera around, etc.

That's probably asking for a lot for he first game in this franchise ... but it better be there for part 2!!! :D

Blame!

RaijinFY said:
People, please ignore tahrikmili...

hey sony lovers please ignore the xbox lovers! :lol (x100)

cant wait for the devolution and meltdown once all the systems come out and its nonstop wars in evry thread...

the graphics look great as always. is this game running at 60? videos look smooth.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
OK, the non-gameplay shots do absolutely nothing for me, but that shot that Bad_Boy posted of actual gameplay --- that looks HAWT. If the gameplay lives up to those visuals, it'll be one of the first games I grab for the PS3.

Pimpwerx

Looks hot! I'd love for them to release new footage from the latest build. The demo should be quite a treat. I need a PS3 this holiday, forildo. PEACE.

Top Bottom