• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm screens

Dahbomb

Safe Bet said:
motorstormfingerov8.gif
DAMN IT SOMEONE RE-HOST THIS!!!

Pimpwerx said:
Looks hot! I'd love for them to release new footage from the latest build. The demo should be quite a treat. I need a PS3 this holiday, forildo. PEACE.

I think the new trailer will come out after the PS3 is released with the demo. It seems like they're going to try to keep the hype building with this game by having constant media until its released. Not really susprsing since Phil has turned into a big fanboy for this game.

Raistlin

I hope there is an option to watch our crashes fully 'finish' ...

I love the chaos. Most of the videos have you respawn before the crash completes though.

It doesn't have to be in-game either, as long as it is in the replays.

That reminds me, does anyone know what sort of replay capabilities this has? I'm really hoping you can move the camera around, etc.

That's probably asking for a lot for he first game in this franchise ... but it better be there for part 2!!! :D

(yes this is a repost)

Jim

RaijinFY said:
No, there wont be any snow levels.

How about a microtransaction snow level... or even better, a downloadable holiday Xmas MotorStorm level, with Christmas trees, and lights. :)

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Hopefully, one of the levels will be one that features a shitload of mud. I want my rides to be be caked in a ridiculous amount of mud. :D

VNZ

Laguna X said:
Hopefully, one of the levels will be one that features a shitload of mud. I want my rides to be be caked in a ridiculous amount of mud. :D
One of the tracks is called "Mudpool", so...

snatches

That is a really sweet gif of that guy giving the finger. Lots of really impressive media being released now for this title.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Jim said:
How about a microtransaction snow level... or even better, a downloadable holiday Xmas MotorStorm level, with Christmas trees, and lights. :)

Hey, if the price is right...

kenta

Has no PEINS
Jim said:
You just made me realize that we will need SnowStorm and WaterStorm to be made next. They need to be made.

Jim said:

The is actually going to miss the Christmas date :( But that is a cool idea

Ranger X

Jim said:

How about wishing for not paying for it?

Microtransactions really are starting to brainwash gamers or something? It's impossible to wish to pay.

Moderation Unlimited said:
For some reason on the Japanese Motorstorm site it says the release date is 12/7/2006.

Misprint?

It's said that since it was put up shortly after TGS. Although it could be released then. If it is, and for whatever reason its not released here at the sametime then i'm importing. Thank you region free gaming!

Laguna X said:
That girl is very average looking, especially with that incredibly hawt PS3 being in the same pic.

Your guys' in-depth critique of any woman who happens to be included in a photograph (whether said women be the object of the photographer or not) is starting to get really old. Women are people, you know, not things to debate looks over.

Not entirely on you, but I notice that this board in particular does this a lot. Much more than other boards I go to. Must be because most people here are sex-starved geeks.

EDIT: and yes, this is the best graphics I've ever seen in a videogame. I still think Excite Truck looks more fun, though.

That girl looks a lot like a friend of mine, only a whole lot cuter.

Anyway, is there no standard speed gauge in this game? Not that it really matters, but it's an odd exclusion from a racing game.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
The comment I had about the girl pic was made in jest. Y'know the "oooh the PS3 is sexier than the girl" type of joke. Don't get your panties in a bunch guys.

Chris_C

I wish there were some nighttime races, I bet things could get seriously hectic with reduced visibility, 1000 foot drops and 12 vehicles on track.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
I wish there were some nighttime races, I bet things could get seriously hectic with reduced visibility, 1000 foot drops and 12 vehicles on track.
That would be sweet. They could try things like mud covering your light makes your lights less visible, and of course hitting something would turn your lights off completely. And they could have some baseball style light posts setup around the tracks. Bikes would have less visibility than other cars due to only one light, trucks could have light racks on top. That does sound cool indeed.

Id definately buy that if they offered it over the playstation store.

Chris_C said:

I think we'll see some night races in the game. These are taken from the CG intro on the Japanese Motorstorm site

d34a5e3ed7.jpg

75cc1180b4.jpg

7b955b0d7c.jpg

With how impressive the games lighting engine is, night races would loko amazing in the game.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I hope to get together with some people and just roam around the courses looking for awesome stunts and trying to get in crazy wrecks without worrying about place numbers and lap times

I've got DScaler ready to record!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SolidSnakex said:
I think we'll see some night races in the game. These are taken from the CG intro on the Japanese Motorstorm site

*snip*

With how impressive the games lighting engine is, night races would loko amazing in the game.
Damn man, I hope you're right. Night races would be sweet. :D

Top Bottom