• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nine Inch Nails album! And more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoosiferX

My wife was having a hard time thinking of a Christmas present for me this year, so when this popped up she was like, "Go crazy!" and I did. I'm so excited!

Ninhead

I dunno if y'all caught this... The digital files are supposedly available next week for all the announced preorders, according to the store pages.

MoosiferX

I dunno if y'all caught this... The digital files are supposedly available next week for all the announced preorders, according to the store pages.

Yeah the 22nd at 12:01 a.m. for the older albums/Fragile Deviations, and 23rd at 12:01 a.m. for the new EP, right?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The Slip is criminally underrated by many people I've known and currently know IRL who claim to love NIN.
Head Down is one of his best songs, IMO. Letting You has even stronger feels now.

Can't get NIN.com to load. Boo! Excited about the new Ep. About time!

Ordered the Fragile Deviations EP, shipping is awful to Canada but cant resist, the Fragile EP will have to wait, hopefully that one wont be limited.

Eagerly awaiting the New Album, what are the chances it will be on Spotify day 1?? lol

Echoplex is so boring. But 1 million, head down and letting you are awesome

I love the simplicity of Echoplex with the Bowie-ish atmosphere. Like something Bowie should've sang. Head Down is an awesome track too. The Four of Us Are Dying has the best beat Trent has ever created in like... ever. I'm surprised no one has sampled it yet.

Ninhead

Complete derailment but this doesn't deserve it's own thread. What's your top 10 favorite/essential/etc NIN tracks?

Terrible Lie
The Becoming
Gave Up
SICNH
The Perfect Drug
Complication
Where is Everybody
All The Love in the World
The Great Destroyer
Zero-Sum

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Need to wait and see on this.

I like Reznor & Ross combo doing soundtrack or soundtrack like work.

I know he's been with Trent as NIN for a while, but I need to hear the sound.

I don't want to be soundtrack like R&R under the NIN name.

Bread

Banned
Echoplex is boring!? Can't believe what I'm reading.

my ten
Wish
Closer
A Warm Place
Reptile
The Fragile
La Mer
The Way Out Is Through
Into the Void
Beside You In Time
God Given

Terrible Lie
The Becoming
Gave Up
SICNH
The Perfect Drug
Complication
Where is Everybody
All The Love in the World
The Great Destroyer
Zero-Sum

Nice you spanned that across the career! I agree with quite a few of those

Reptile
Gave Up
The Wretched
The Mark has Been Made (after seeing this live, it became my fav NIN song of all times)
The Perfect Drug
God Given
Everyday is exactly the Same
And All That Could Have Been
Terrible Lie
Happiness in Slavery

I also love how they covered johnny cash's hurt

<twitches>

This is either good sarcasm or...

Ollie Pooch

Complete derailment but this doesn't deserve it's own thread. What's your top 10 favorite/essential/etc NIN tracks?
Tough one but...

The Big Come Down
In Two
Beside you in Time
Closer
Eraser
Head Down
God Given
Somewhat Damaged
Where is Everybody
You Know What You Are (for that ending <3)

All That Could Have Been should be in there too.
The Great Destroyer live is... Something else. We don't deserve how glorious and skull crushing that is.
Seeing that + Beside You In Time live was something else.

It's hard to narrow it down to 10 but I'll try.

-Sin
-Suck
-Ruiner
-The Fragile
-La Mer
-And All That Could Have Been
-Only
-The Warning
-Head Down
-Various Methods of Escape
-The Perfect Drug
I tried my best to pick songs spanning from PHM to HM.

Tough one but...

The Big Come Down
In Two
Beside you in Time
Closer
Eraser
Head Down
God Given
Somewhat Damaged
Where is Everybody
You Know What You Are (for that ending <3)

All That Could Have Been should be in there too.

Seeing that + Beside You In Time live was something else.

Good picks! Seeing The Frail progressing into The Wretched live was an experience that my young teenage self will never forget.

-Sin
-Suck
-Ruiner
-The Fragile
-La Mer
-Only
-The Warning
-Head Down
-The Perfect Drug

I see what you did there and I can't fault you for slipping in number 11. Haha!

Bought the physical component thingy. NIN is one of those bands that birthed me in Highschool but I never really outgrew them, I can still say Year Zero or whatever slaps.

Also yeah The Slip (along with the 1st HtDA ep) are slept on. I think I've hear 1,000,000 itself probably a couple hundred times...

Ninhead

-Sin
-Suck
-Ruiner
-The Fragile
-La Mer
-Only
-The Warning
-Head Down
-The Perfect Drug

VMOT and AATCHB are very easily honorable mentions. I've said it many times before, but I really feel like he was trying to write a Fragile-esque song with Various. And it worked really well.

Ollie Pooch

VMOT and AATCHB are very easily honorable mentions. I've said it many times before, but I really feel like he was trying to write a Fragile-esque song with Various. And it worked really well.
Various is great, that run of songs at the end of Hesitation Marks is awesome. Album gets a lot of hate but it's one of my faves for sure.

Ninhead

Various is great, that run of songs at the end of Hesitation Marks is awesome. Album gets a lot of hate but it's one of my faves for sure.

That album just never clicked with me. I love some of it (Copy of A, VMOT, In Two, Running), but a lot of it just never gelled.

I can't make a top ten, sorry. It's too difficult.

I love Zero Sum, but only recently got into the Stephen Morris/Gillian Gilbert remix. That's great, get on it now if you haven't given it much attention.

I love The Slip, but I also Ghosts I-IV (as my name suggests). Not enough love for that here!

Hesitation Marks was a mixed bag for me though. Copy of A, Came Back Haunted and VMOE (my personal fave) are all fantastic. I love Satellite, even if it is rather 'inspired' by Prince's 'Hot Thing' to my ears... but hey, worse things to influence you than prime Prince. Everything can die in a fire.

Are these going to be available in stores? That UK Shipping though...killing me here, Trent.

My issue too. I ordered the EP on budget shipping, but I can't confidently do that with the fragile diversions set. It would cost another 20-25 for the shipping.

Bread

Banned
Ghosts is so awesome to put on in the background while playing video games. I especially thought it fit well with Fallout New Vegas.

Luschient

Terrible Lie
Line Begins to Blur
SICNH
Suck
Somewhat Damaged
Zeros and Ones
In This Twilight
Happiness in Slavery (live woodstock version)
2 honorary Ghosts mentions

I really struggle to make a definitive Top 10 List when it comes to NIN.

I do have single favorite track however.

The Day The World Went Away (the And All That Could Have Been version)

Other than that, my favorite tracks change all the time.

btw, were any of you on echoingthesound back in the day? i hosted the irc channel for a while.

fond memories of everyone flipping out at the hint of any news.
YUP! Can't recall what username I used back then. I first joined around the first Fragile tour leg. Fun times, indeed.

My most prized musical item is The Fragile vinyl first printing.
Ditto. *highfives*

can't be any worst than Hesitation Marks or The Slip.
+AwithaTeetha. I understand now that Trent needed to get those demons out and find himself again. Being a grown up ain't easy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom