• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

ramyeon

Man, the smaller screen really doesn't bother me at all. I thought going from XL to regular would be jarring but it's not. In fact I think games actually look somewhat better on the smaller screen.

Didn't buy any cover plates at EB but I ordered the new KK Slider one off Nippon Yassan last night, looks sweet.

Anyone else have a larger gap between the back plate and the console itself on one side than the other?

Mistle

Anyone else have a larger gap between the back plate and the console itself on one side than the other?

this happened on my new XL when I reattached the back plate. it's not supposed to be like that, you probably just haven't reattached it 100% smoothly. i just took it off and tried again and it was all flush then.

Man, the smaller screen really doesn't bother me at all. I thought going from XL to regular would be jarring but it's not. In fact I think games actually look somewhat better on the smaller screen.

That's good to hear. I'm thinking of going from xl > n3ds too. Is the image quality noticeably sharper? I'd imagine the higher PPI will be nicer to look at, and it's the main reason I'm thinking of going with the smaller model.

ramyeon

this happened on my new XL when I reattached the back plate. it's not supposed to be like that, you probably just haven't reattached it 100% smoothly. i just took it off and tried again and it was all flush then.
That seems to have fixed it! Might actually just leave the back plate unscrewed, doesn't seem to make too much of a difference really.
That's good to hear. I'm thinking of going from xl > n3ds too. Is the image quality noticeably sharper? I'd imagine the higher PPI will be nicer to look at, and it's the main reason I'm thinking of going with the smaller model.
Yeah I feel like things definitely look crisper than on the XL. It's a nice in between size between the OG and the XL.
I must know: is it Circle Pad Pro compatible?

This may seem redundant, but it's fairly important to me for Kid Icarus.
Not with the CPP extension, no. The units are shaped differently so they won't snap in. The C-Stick works with the same function as the CPP on CPP enabled games though.

Semajer

yfn7Kqt.jpg

That is the one from my N3DS XL, I assume its just the same as the other N3DS as well.

Thanks. I always like to get a larger capacity version of the same type of card as the default if possible.

Yagharek

I'm really torn whether I want this now or later when actual N3DS games come out (i.e. Xenoblade or Majora if that has a significant update).

And Im also torn on whether I want the blue XL one or the white smaller one. Or do I wait for other colours in the XL?

Gaaaaahhhh

ZeroX03

Banned
I think I've got a 32GB Micro SD card in there.

My friend and I both ordered the Pokemon cover plates from Nippon Yasan. Throw in the theme and we're going to have mad PokéThemed New 3DSes. The white plates on their own look okay but are just too plain.

catmincer

I'm really torn whether I want this now or later when actual N3DS games come out (i.e. Xenoblade or Majora if that has a significant update).

And Im also torn on whether I want the blue XL one or the white smaller one. Or do I wait for other colours in the XL?

Gaaaaahhhh

I'd assume new colours won't be out until the EU/US release? So might need to wait a while.

Heh, its fun posting 3DS Smash Brothers screenshot posts on Miiverse. ;) So many zomg how do u do dis???? comments.

Less cool now that the Wii U one is out in America, but still.

7vYJSED.jpg

Had a bit of fun too with the thumbnail for my unboxing vid on YouTube. We're gonna milk this for all its got I think lol, not very often we get something 'first'. :p

Rich!

damn, living a distance away from the southampton DHL facility sucks ass. I have to wait until Monday for my N3DS XL!! Ah well, whatever - most people have to wait until next year. lol

Also, just for a laugh, I was originally going to post the thread with these banners and then swap them for the real ones - but thought better of it:

iKoKTlBGFvVf7.png

iWZVuc7JyjgxO.png

i9SfZBre246Wu.png

Rich!

$40 Australian dollars? That's €28 according to google. Damn, didn't know faceplates were going to be that expensive :/

only the wood one is that much, because it's made of actual wood!

the rest are all AU$17.95 each which is £10, or €12.

Dark

Neo Member
So Australian n3DS just arrived today. Unfortunately it can't connect to the network while the region is set to Ireland.. I can change it to the UK and it will connect just fine, but not so with Ireland, even though they're both EU region. I get error 005-5602. All my purchases are tied to my old 3DS set to Ireland so I'm not sure if there's any smooth way around this..

Any suggestions? Guessing if I changed both to the UK the transfer would work but I'd lose something in the process, right? Would I be able to redownload games purchased in the Ireland store?

Anyway, let this be a warning. n3DS may work in UK, but may not in other EU regions.

Edit: Update on this. Works fine now! Don't know what's different but kicked it off again and following the same steps I no longer get the region error with my regions set to Ireland. System transfer completed successfully. What a relief.

Rich!

So Australian n3DS just arrived today. Unfortunately it can't connect to the network while the region is set to Ireland.. I can change it to the UK and it will connect just fine, but not so with Ireland, even though they're both EU region. I get error 005-5602. All my purchases are tied to my old 3DS set to Ireland so I'm not sure if there's any smooth way around this..

Any suggestions? Guessing if I changed both to the UK the transfer would work but I'd lose something in the process, right? Would I be able to redownload games purchased in the Ireland store?

Anyway, let this be a warning. n3DS may work in UK, but may not in other EU regions.

So it works in UK region with no issues? I live in the UK.

Need as much info as possible to update the OP with.

Dark

Neo Member
So it works in UK region with no issues? I live in the UK.

Need as much info as possible to update the OP with.

Well I haven't done any extensive testing but seems to. Have the fresh system here, no transfer's been done. When I set region to Ireland I get error 005-5602 when I try do a transfer or access the eShop. Changed to UK, England and I was able to access the shop just fine and download the patch for my physical copy of Smash Bros.

Rich!

Well I haven't done any extensive testing but seems to. Have the fresh system here, no transfer's been done. When I set region to Ireland I get error 005-5602 when I try do a transfer or access the eShop. Changed to UK, England and I was able to access the shop just fine and download the patch for my physical copy of Smash Bros.

Hm. Odd.

I won't update the OP yet until we've had more reports. If it's a EU wide issue (minus the UK) then something's not right here. Maybe Nintendo have region restricted it, but only to the UK?

Dark

Neo Member
Hm. Odd.

I won't update the OP yet until we've had more reports. If it's a EU wide issue (minus the UK) then something's not right here. Maybe Nintendo have region restricted it, but only to the UK?

Yeah. I'll be curious to see what other regions this happens with. I'd be pretty surprised if Ireland turned out to be the only one.

Hasney

365 have sold out of the XL. Any other options that are based in the UK? I'd rather pay a little more up front than deal with the customs lottery.

Rich!

365 have sold out of the XL. Any other options that are based in the UK? I'd rather pay a little more up front than deal with the customs lottery.

No, unfortunately. Just Play-Asia.

Yeah. I'll be curious to see what other regions this happens with. I'd be pretty surprised if Ireland turned out to be the only one.

If it is just the UK, at least there is some kind of reasoning to that - considering the amount of UK 3DS consoles that must be knocking about in Australia. But it would fucking suck for everyone in Ireland and mainland europe.

Hasney

No, unfortunately. Just Play-Asia.

Ah damn, well I'll wait to get paid and see if 365 are selling it then. Cheers.

As for the EU issue, that is a ballache for some. I know cdkeys.com do cheap UK eShop credit for anyone that wants to deal with just having the UK eShop, but that will fuck up Wii U linking and license transfers for those that need those features I'm sure.

Rich!

Ah damn, well I'll wait to get paid and see if 365 are selling it then. Cheers.

Bear in mind that Play Asia ship to the UK with fedex via France. I've been using them for years and never once been hit by customs with their items likely for that reason.

And even if you were unlucky, it would be £30. I think that's reasonable considering its cheaper than it will be in the UK to begin with, and you are getting it likely half a year early.

Hasney

Bear in mind that Play Asia ship to the UK with fedex via France. I've been using them for years and never once been hit by customs with their items likely for that reason.

And even if you were unlucky, it would be £30. I think that's reasonable considering its cheaper than it will be in the UK to begin with, and you are getting it likely half a year early.

Ooo, I didn't know that, thanks.

I saw a couple on eBay in the UK for £180, so I'll decide what to do once I get paid.

ineji

Neo Member
Ooo, I didn't know that, thanks.

I saw a couple on eBay in the UK for £180, so I'll decide what to do once I get paid.

The ones I've seen on eBay (that are shipped from the UK) are from xbiteworld.
Xbite = 365games, so it may be worth giving 365games an email to see if they are getting more stock. (It was slightly cheaper at 365games, iirc)

Hasney

The ones I've seen on eBay (that are shipped from the UK) are from xbiteworld.
Xbite = 365games, so it may be worth giving 365games an email to see if they are getting more stock. (It was slightly cheaper at 365games, iirc)

Ah yeah, they're the 2 I've got watched. I'm on there email alert and their eBay account has very limited stock too, so I may as well email them. Ta.

Symtendo

I have a UK PAL 3DS and eshop account/ NNID and mine transfered across with no issues at all. I have seen people in Adelaide messing around with the region of the system and reporting that Vatican City and Albania in particular have features missing.

Rich!

Its play-asia though. Its for my friends birthday on the 5th. Dunno if I'll get by then but we can always give her something symbolic signifying its coming.

Look at the OP again.

I made a typo. 365Games have it in stock.

Hasney

Its play-asia though. Its for my friends birthday on the 5th. Dunno if I'll get by then but we can always give her something symbolic signifying its coming.

365 still have the standard in stock.

EDIT: Just saw that the OP is slightly wrong, says the white 3DS is an XL when it's a standard.

EDIT2: SNEAKY SNEAKY

Rich!

365 still have the standard in stock.

EDIT: Just saw that the OP is slightly wrong, says the white 3DS is an XL when it's a standard.

yeah I fucked up, that's the source of confusion lol

fixed it now. Sorry, I must have had the
glorious
XL on my mind.

I have a UK PAL 3DS and eshop account/ NNID and mine transfered across with no issues at all. I have seen people in Adelaide messing around with the region of the system and reporting that Vatican City and Albania in particular have features missing.

That's great news for me at least. Would I be right in assuming there's a chance that Nintendo made sure UK transfers worked because of the amount of people in your situation (there must be a considerable amount), and just didn't put the effort in for the rest of the EU countries?

We need people from the Europe mainland to weigh in.

mandiller

I bought the charging stand for my XL. It's fine but I wish it had some weight added to the bottom because it moves on my desk when picking up my XL. I wonder if there's sone way I can add little weights to it.

Top Bottom