• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.
legend166 said:
REMO JUST ASK MY DAMN QUESTION.

Do it for the sake of us all.

Do it so I can read it on the liveblog and then copy and paste it here so we can all declare you as a hero.

Plus, it will be HILARIOUS

laserbeam

Banned
Won said:
Just leave now, wait in front of the door and report how many left the thing before it was over. This is probably more interesting.
totally doing it wrong. Gotta stand up say excuuse me I have some real games to go look at then walk out

HUELEN10 said:
519gkw.jpg
I said BAD not RAD! Aweful bad

heliosRAzi said:
Do it so I can read it on the liveblog and then copy and paste it here so we can all declare you as a hero.

Plus, it will be HILARIOUS

*starts chant*

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Which question?
"Awhile ago Iwata said that they wouldn't release a sequel to Wii Sports unless they felt they were able to bring something new and innovative to the table. WiiMotion Plus seems to do this for Wii Sports.. Why, however, are you releasing an Animal Crossing sequel that appears to offer nothing substantially new whatsoever?"

Though I have a feeling that they'll brush it off by saying "it has a new city square" rather than addressing the graphics/gameplay

mclem

VegaShinra said:
liveblog said:
6:44 PM: Someone asked if any developers had access to Wii Motion Plus before E3. The answer: Eguchi is not involved in that process and is not sure.
Oh boy....

To be fair, it is a *developer* roundtable; it's likely to be true that he would have nothing to do with those decisions.

Not saying that this is a good sign, just that there's a reasonable chance he's telling the truth and not just feigning ignorance.

rakka

Jokeropia said:
Uhh, that was not what we were discussing.
true. rather, it was about how nintendo has pretty much announced nothing for gamers as of late. their e3 showing just further proves which audience they give a damn about now.

Gigglepoo

Death_Born said:
Because the game only knows how to attack in 1:1?

Don't you just hold your sword vertically to block in real lifle fencing? I really am confused by this. It's like making players hit B to bunt in a baseball game. If the Wiimote recognizes 1:1 motion, you should be able to do every move by just moving the controller.

Someone should ask my question...

Jokeropia

Gigglepoo said:
Serious question: if the controls are 1:1, why do you need a button to block?
I don't think you need it, I guess it's just supposed to make it easier. As long as you can also block by actually position the Wiimote appropriately, I don't really mind.

Haunted

If this continues, Nintendo wins the award for worst conference and second worst conference.

We're talking Capcom levels here.

I know it's just a Q&A roundtable, don't mess up my joke.

rakka said:
true. rather, it was about how nintendo has pretty much announced nothing for gamers as of late. their e3 showing just further proves which audience they give a damn about now.
You sound pretty happy about it.

Chumly

As for multiplayer, they hope you'll purchase more WiiMotionPlus units, but there are pass-the-remote games, like Bowling in Wii Sports, so multiple WiiMotionPlus accesories aren't always needed.
Did they want us to MOOO while we are milked for our money?

agrajag

Banned
Doorman said:
Yes, I enjoyed the THREE MINUTES of quality coverage. I really hope they bring that guy in again tomorrow so he can actually demonstrate his game. Felt like such an afterthought.

All their little developer sit downs were that short, not just The Conduit.

Firestorm

Gigglepoo said:
Don't you just hold your sword vertically to block in real lifle fencing? I really am confused by this. It's like making players hit B to bunt in a baseball game. If the Wiimote recognizes 1:1 motion, you should be able to do every move by just moving the controller.

I was wondering the same damn thing.

Amir0x

Banned
evilromero said:
I just got back in town. Did I miss an announcement?

ONLY that Animal Crossing still hasn't managed to fix problems they had in the DS version and that he is very sorry for that.

Chumly

Yeguchi can't say exactly how many mini-games will be in the final game, but he'd "like to have ten." We'd like to have a million dollars, but ...

WTF

This cant be for real :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MisterHero

Gigglepoo said:

Maybe it's a quick-key for people who aren't skilled in defending as they are in violent whacking.

It's still a good question, I want to read their answer.

VegaShinra

6:49 PM: We're asking: What inspired you to bring Wii Sports to the beach setting, and how many sports in the final version of the game?

6:50 PM: They used the resort setting because when coming up with the Wii Motion Plus, they sat down and thought of sports that would make good use of the tech. The sports that they thought of were all sports that you could do on an island/at the beach.

As for how many sports, they can't tell us how many exactly, but they hope to put in at least 10 sports.

Better be good 10 games.

JSR

evilromero said:
I just got back in town. Did I miss an announcement?
Nope. They're just going over Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Sports Resort so far. The only interesting news is that players will be able to transfer AC characters and items from DS to Wii.

JaMarco

6:55: Yoichi Wada busts through the screen with a keyblade and announces Mushroom Kingdom Hearts exclusively for the Wii!!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
C'mon Chris Ask the question! Then pretend to be your own twin brother. Don't worry, we got your back!

koam

Amir0x said:
ONLY that Animal Crossing still hasn't managed to fix problems they had in the DS version and that he is very sorry for that.

But they thought about fixing them!

WAIT.. Wii sports 2 only has TEN minigames at max... and one of them is a damn frisbee throw? WTF? I wonder if lying down on a balance board for 3 hours pretending that you're suntanning is also a minigame.

Dolphin

Banned
Someone asked if by releasing Wii Motion Plus Nintendo is admitting that the original tech in the Wii-mote was not quite enough.
:lol :lol :lol

That's your cue Remo! Turn this into a roast!

kottila

As for multiplayer, they hope you'll purchase more WiiMotionPlus units, but there are pass-the-remote games, like Bowling in Wii Sports, so multiple WiiMotionPlus accesories aren't always needed.

Come on...This game doesn't even use the accessory so why bring it up??

nyong

Banned
Is this an admission the Wii Remote isn't good enough? When they were working on Wii Sports, they always wnted more, but they realized they could create a fantastic product with what they had. Or, as Donald Rumsfeld might say, You go to launch with the Wii Remote you have, not the Wii Remote you might wish you had

LOL

lopaz

Banned
Dolphin said:
10 Sports at least. They hope.

That's OK. But then Frisbee toss and that jetski thing are so much shallower than the original 5 so there need to be more good sports.

Gigglepoo said:
Maybe I'll just play Wii Sports Resorts tomorrow and figure out the question of fencing blocks once and for all.

It's just quicker to do it that way, kinda like pressing a button to do an about-face in FPS. If you miss a swipe on your opponent, you press the b-button to come back to your defensive stance and prevent a hit. Not that hard to understand.

Azuran

Banned
Of All Trades said:
So does this mean that Clu Clu Land will be released on VC soon? CAN'T WAIT.

Wait, they haven't released CCL on the VC?

Holy, I can't believe I never noticed that before.

Amir0x

Banned
I'll repost from Reggie thread, since we know what Nintendo has to offer at E3 officially now:

I don't think it's entirely unfair to suggest there is now an OPEN LIGHT to third parties for a moment here. Hardcore gamers are obviously not going to buy Animal Crossing in place of legitimate hardcore experiences.

Here is what the release list looks aimed at hardcore gamer's, with Nintendo's titles thrown in for effect (regardless of their casual/non-game nature):

AUGUST

Sam & Max Season One
Line Rider 2: Unbound
Mario Super Sluggers - NINTENDO
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

SEPTEMBER

de Blob
Samba de Amigo Wii
Wario Land: Shake It! - NINTENDO

OCTOBER

Guitar Hero World Tour

NOVEMBER

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (?)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (?)
Animal Crossing: City Folk - NINTENDO

DECEMBER

Wii Music - NINTENDO

ETC

Late 2008 or 2009

Little King's Story
Fragile
Mad World
Wii Sports RESORT - NINTENDO

If Nintendo wants third parties to pick up the 'hardcore' mantle for a while, I wish they would let their games breathe a little more. Because with a release like this, they're still going to get overshadowed by these Ninty products regardless of merit. Press will talk about Wii Music, not Little King's Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom