• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwake

Remo, I feel your pain.

Seriously, you are missing probably the highlight of E3: the FUCKING WHO playing in order to see Nintendo sell out to casuals and piss all over the people who got them where they are today.

Gaborn

Mama Robotnik said:
montywii.gif

Well, now tonight is over, this seems to cover Nintendo's entire approach to E3 2008.

You're my hero.

Thanks guys. I think I left this page for a minute and it ballooned another three pages.

So what are the chances we'll see the awesome Pilotwings games in Wii Sports Resort? Ten games on an island? The SAME island (I assume) featured in Wii Motorsports. If Nintendo fails me here I refuse to buy their rehash of Animal Crossing.

Haunted

Chris Remo said:
I raised my hand but they didn't call on me, and now they're moving onto Wii Music. If I can get through the rest of this, I'll try again. MTV's The Who concert is starting like now.

Miyamoto's on stage now.
Damn. :/

Miyamoto playing the Yankee Doodle. Good lord, I feel for you, Chris.

Darklord

Banned
You know after seeing this it seems Nintendo have no idea what the hell their doing with the motionplus. Everythings "It might work" "Maybe we'll see" "It's upto the developers".

It seems really sloppy in my opinion and just a fad(I know I know) where they go "Hey guyz buy wii sports 2 for this!!". Other than that game they have no idea what to do with it, at least thats how I see it from how their talking.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amir0x said:
If Nintendo wants third parties to pick up the 'hardcore' mantle for a while, I wish they would let their games breathe a little more. Because with a release like this, they're still going to get overshadowed by these Ninty products regardless of merit. Press will talk about Wii Music, not Little King's Story.

The obvious choice is to not release any games at all!

Nintendo's building up suspense for their awesome E3 2009 conference BELIEVE!

Bloodwake said:
Remo, I feel your pain.

Seriously, you are missing probably the highlight of E3: the FUCKING WHO playing in order to see Nintendo sell out to casuals and piss all over the people who got them where they are today.

You do know it was the "casuals" that got them where they are today, right? Or did we just all become Fire Emblem players overnight?

koam

Man at this point, i think i would have preferred they canned wii music altogether. It's such a waste of time. Fuck this air guitar playing pos, release an actual game.

Dolphin

Banned
Darklord said:
You know after seeing this it seems Nintendo have no idea what the hell their doing with the motionplus. Everythings "It might work" "Maybe we'll see" "It's upto the developers".

It seems really sloppy in my opinion and just a fad(I know I know) where they go "Hey guyz buy wii sports 2 for this!!". Other than that game they have no idea what to do with it, at least thats how I see it from how their talking.
Well, it's still in development :/

nyong

Banned
Darklord said:

If they bundle it with Wii Sports: Resort and start packing it with all new controllers and systems it'll be a bit more than a fad. This isn't 32x. This is something that the overwhelming majority of Wii owners will probably own. It sounds like it fixes many of the wiimotes initial problems too. I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt here...I think it's a worthy accessory and I think they will get it to most owners and I think developers will utilize it.

legend166

koam said:
Man at this point, i think i would have preferred they canned wii music altogether. It's such a waste of time. Fuck this air guitar playing pos, release an actual game.

I was actually looking forward to it, too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Chris Remo said:
I raised my hand but they didn't call on me, and now they're moving onto Wii Music. If I can get through the rest of this, I'll try again. MTV's The Who concert is starting like now.

Miyamoto's on stage now.
You should leave, I've stopped paying attention too, watching Fable II instead. :D

Amir0x said:
I don't think it's entirely unfair to suggest there is now an OPEN LIGHT to third parties for a moment here. Hardcore gamers are obviously not going to buy Animal Crossing in place of legitimate hardcore experiences.

If Nintendo wants third parties to pick up the 'hardcore' mantle for a while, I wish they would let their games breathe a little more. Because with a release like this, they're still going to get overshadowed by these Ninty products regardless of merit. Press will talk about Wii Music, not Little King's Story.

Hold!

If Nintendo announces a ton of games, that's bad. If Nintendo announces few games, that's also bad.

???¿?

koam

legend166 said:
I was actually looking forward to it, too.

When they announced it for the first time, it seemed cool and unique. After that, Rockband was announced... eventually released and a sequel was announced and shown. After ALL THAT TIME, this pos game is still an air music game. It's really embrassing, like i said in an earlier thread, this should come packed in with a kid's cereal box.

Darklord said:

I can honestly say, I have no idea what you're talking about. They seemed to have a clear idea of what they're doing and Wii Sports 2 is indicative of this. It's supposed to be simple and show off the various amplications of the motionplus

Thanks for the nice comments, just encourages me to make more!

A Link to the Snitch said:
You should've had a thing at the end with the girl running over and saying "Release Wii Music!".

I was going to do that, except she'd be yelling "Release Animal Crossing!". But the file size is already stupidly big (probably too stupidly big).

Was so tempted to do a gif of all the Gaffers in this thread, up on crosses singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

Bloodwake

Yeah, the Who's probably starting out the Seeker or Pinball Wizard and you are currently listening to Yankee Doodle.

GO NINTENDO.

i am cry

I think the biggest insult that comes from games like Wii Music is how long they spend in development. For a game that has been in development for some 2+ years now it really is just insulting.

Mama Robotnik said:
Thanks for the nice comments, just encourages me to make more!

I was going to do that, except she'd be yelling "Release Animal Crossing!". But the file size is already stupidly big (probably too stupidly big).

Was so tempted to do a gif of all the Gaffers in this thread, up on crosses singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

That sounds awesome, no one's stopping you! :D

birdchili

nyong said:
the overwhelming majority of Wii owners will probably own.
i doubt it. they should probably start packing it in with wii anyway, but you're going to have backlash if a lot of games start requiring it. it's no different from every other console add-on ever.

nyong

Banned
Bah, they're still on the introduction screen. I want impressions.

EDIT:

7:14 JC comes up for a three-player jam on the original Super Mario Bros. theme. Miyamoto gets some laughs with the beat box character on melody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom