• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

7:12 Miyamoto and the translator do some rapid fire back and forth on the mouth harp and the harpsichord. They're still on the music selection screen. This isn't even the real game yet!
Conference to go on for 3 more hours confirmed.

DonDepre

Banned
Wait a moment... in Wii Music, you don't have to mach the correct "note" with the correct "movement or key"??? You only have to make any movement with the correct tempo?

MGrant

Ugh. Yankee Doodle? Why is it when companies are too cheap to shell out for licensed music, they pick the blandest rights-free music instead? I look forward to such other classics like the "Happy Birthday" song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Bingo.

For Christ's sake pick better songs.

Grecco

jetsetmario said:
I think the biggest insult that comes from games like Wii Music is how long they spend in development. For a game that has been in development for some 2+ years now it really is just insulting.

The Man power and money invested is probably really really minimal so it shouldnt be a problem

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DonDepre said:
Wait a moment... in Wii Music, you don't have to mach the correct "note" with the correct "movement or key"??? You only have to make any movement with the correct tempo?

You basically play music however you please.

DonDepre said:

There's a "true rhythm game" mode (hitting the notes properly).

nyong

Banned
DonDepre said:

We'll know in the next 10-50000 minutes. Whenever they decide to leave the selection screen and start a game.

devilhawk

So what is the second Wii on the left lcd for? The mysterious fourth wii? I bet it doesn't even get used. I bet it has Kid Icarus inside it too...:D

HUELEN10

Jaruru said:
I want megaton ;_;
I will give you one.

Nintendo should split into 2 companies.

Wii and Nintensoft.

Wii would make gaming hardware and casual projects.

Nintendosoft would make games as a 2nd party making games exclusively for Wii branded hardware.

THIS is what we need.

vareon

7:14 JC comes up for a three-player jam on the original Super Mario Bros. theme. Miyamoto gets some laughs with the beat box character on melody. His "Whoo!" sounds just like Michael Jackson. Miyamoto asks us to notice how they don't have to watch the screen as they play. TAKE THAT, OTHER RHYTHM GAMES!

Better wording on the last sentence :

"You don't have to watch the screen when playing! TAKE THAT, GAMES!"

MGrant

DonDepre said:

No, no. You've got it all wrong.

You don't even need the correct tempo.

Darklord

Banned
"Some 5-8 year old children of the development staff came in to try the game. "Children of that age could not pull themselves away from this gam," says Miyamoto"

koam

DonDepre said:

You know those Fisher Price toys they sell at Babies R us? It's like that but with your mii shown on a tv screen. Wii Music is pretty terrible.

Dolphin

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
I will give you one.

Nintendo should split into 2 companies.

Wii and Nintensoft.

Wii would make gaming hardware and casual projects.

Nintendosoft would make games as a 2nd party making games exclusively for Wii branded hardware.

THIS is what we need.
It would work.

DonDepre said:

Your movements will influence the tempo of the song, just as it was demonstrated in 2006. The slower you "play," the slower the song. The faster you "play," and so on. At least, that's how I understand it. When Miyamoto played the sax, he tilted the Wiimote upward and the pitch was high, as he tilted downward, the pitch was low. So I think how you move will influence your play of the instrument.

As a music degree holder, this is killing me. They're saying five year old love it though. Miyamoto thinks early music education should be based on it.

The Who is my favorite band of all time btw. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Someone should rush the stage grab the mystical "fourth" Wii and scream: "what's in youuuuuu!!!!!".

Then calmly sit down and scream Kid Icarus.

nyong

Banned
7:15 You can change the arrangement, the tempo, and record it all to a music video to share with your friends on WiiConnect24. Some 5-8 year old children of the development staff came in to try the game. "Children of that age could not pull themselves away from this gam," says Miyamoto. They also can't drag themselves away from Barney the Dinosaur...

New Nintendo target demographics confirmed. Get em hooked while they're young. 20 years from now they'll be in our shoes, glued to the screen waiting for some meager offerings...

7:17 Miyamoto thinks that half of an elementary school music class could be dvoted to this. Mothers can also jump in to the game easily. And those in between, we wonder?

Moms are mature gamers right?

Bloodwake

Chris Remo said:
As a music degree holder, this is killing me. They're saying five year old love it though. Miyamoto thinks early music education should be based on it.

The Who is my favorite band of all time btw. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Seriously dude, if the Who was playing and I had access to go see them, and I had to sit through this, I would fucking leave.

Do it. Bail out.

Wow the fact that you can record and share your Music with other players is really cool!

I Wonder how many songs is in the game...

pro_gamer666 said:
Someone should rush the stage grab the mystical "fourth" Wii and scream: "what's in youuuuuu!!!!!".

Then calmly sit down and scream Kid Icarus.
:lol

Darklord

Banned
"Miyamoto thinks that half of an elementary school music class could be dvoted to this. Mothers can also jump in to the game easily."

There just completely ignoring the whole Male 13-100 age group these days huh?

Haunted

The stiq commentary is getting scathing. :lol

Chris Remo said:

Just go, we understand. :)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Chris Remo said:

i4ntzs.jpg

EDIT: Oh you're missing a Who concert for this? Get da fuck out man!

koam

7:15 You can change the arrangement, the tempo, and record it all to a music video to share with your friends on WiiConnect24. Some 5-8 year old children of the development staff came in to try the game. "Children of that age could not pull themselves away from this gam," says Miyamoto. They also can't drag themselves away from Barney the Dinosaur...

Chris Remo said:

Tell Nintendo to "fuck themselves" and promptly make your exit. You're missing The Who for this? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom