• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankee666

Gold Member
RBH said:
mh3urp.jpg

Originally posted by JasonMCG.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol best gif ever on gaf!!!!!!

GhaleonQ

RBH said:
Yeah, this guy is the one who made this gif in the first place. My bad for not putting your name in the original post.

Thanks. Didn't mean to be a jerk about it, but that made the topic yesterday.

GC|Simon

The gifs in here are so awesome. Please make more of them!

I'm going to bed soon. When I stand up I'll go online and would like to read right in in GAF something about Pikmin 3 or Kid Icaruas :D

F#A#Oo

Banned
So like is this conference a big bullshít story for Nintendo fans to hope for?

Because I definately feel the conference was 30 minutes short and a couple of traditional titles announcement short too...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
F#A#Oo said:
So like is this conference a big bullshít story for Nintendo fans to hope for?

Because I definately feel the conference was 30 minutes short and a couple of traditional titles announcement short too...

This conference is like the final push where all the Nintendo fans climb out of the trenches and run blindly to victory or straight into relentless machine-gun fire.

I personally can't wait for this potential icing-on-the-cake moment of E3 ...

hoos30

JasonMCG said:
LOL It's cool. I guess I didn't make all of it it per se, I just put it all together into what it is now. :lol

PM me, I'll do it for real. I've paid more for movies and games that didn't entertain me nearly as much as this GIF did.

domlolz

Banned
hoos30 said:
PM me, I'll do it for real. I've paid more for movies and games that didn't entertain me nearly as much as this GIF did.

if enjoying gifs means money-i owe millionsssssssssz

I'm just disappointed that they wasted this good control scheme on what is probably going to be a glorified tech demo (maybe a bit better than) instead of applying it to a full-fledged sequel to WaveRace, which is something people want.

Couldn't they have made a real Wii Sports 2? With REAL sports, like basketball, soccer, etc.?

A Link to the Snitch said:
I'm just disappointed that they wasted this good control scheme on what is probably going to be a glorified tech demo (maybe a bit better than) instead of applying it to a full-fledged sequel to WaveRace, which is something people want.

Couldn't they have made a real Wii Sports 2? With REAL sports, like baseketball, soccer, etc.?

I never did see that movie. Any good?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

Couldn't they have made a real Wii Sports 2? With REAL sports, like basketball, soccer, etc.?
Other optimistic hypothesis: they want to entice casual gamers to buy a full fledge Wave Race after they appreciated this demo a lot.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Why is anyone on earth pretending this old lady is any worse than reggie? They are both phony, lame and playing a character.

Salmon

Staccat0 said:
Why is anyone on earth pretending this old lady is any worse than reggie? They are both phony, lame and playing a character.
Don't go there!

If you look at it from another angle. Would you rather have Cammie as your mom, or Reggie as your father? Quite easy! On a more serious note, Reggie has something this woman is missing. Confidence and charisma.

We're expecting Reggie to be there for "us", this Cammie were there for the whole mainstream era, and even if they like her, and can relate to her...gamers can't.

Don't you even do that.

Come to think of it, though...Baseketball would be pretty solid on the Wii, especially with good motion controls. Shooting, psych-outs, gloating...and then you could even have the special theme nights, like Free Range Chicken Night, Dozen Egg Night, and so on.

They probably announced Imagine: Monkeyz as a new awesomesauce third-party game there.

"To add to the great line-up with titles as Clone Wars and Call of Duty 5, we have here a great adventure with people who don't make as much money as we do; monkey's ."

M74

Staccat0 said:
Because Reggie isn't a soccer mom.

kottila

From the salez plaze:

(Update: conference confirmed!) Nintendo are set to show a new game today at a secret press conference at 3pm

A few minutes ago I received word that Nintendo might hold a secret press conference at E3 today. Nothing is confirmed yet, but the complete lack of core games at Nintendo's main Press Briefing makes it a very believeable rumour.
It's important to note that Super Smash Bros Brawl was reveiled in the same way.

My hunch says me that Kid Icarus is a prime candidate to be announced.
Stay tuned...

This secret press conference has been in the gametrailers schedule all week...

KevinCow

Banned
Staccat0 said:
Reggie's character is awesome. Cammy's character sucks.

To answer your question seriously, Reggie's good at presenting himself. He speaks clearly and with confidence. Even if his enthusiasm is fake, it doesn't feel fake. Cammy, on the other hand, sounds like a kindergarten teacher, seems overly excited to the point where only an idiot would buy her enthusiasm, and is just generally annoying.

It doesn't help that our introduction to Reggie was him walking out and saying, "My name is Reggie, I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games," whereas our introduction to her was seeing her babble on and on about how she's a cool mom and she went snowboarding and broke her wrist and blah blah blah.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
kottila said:
From the salez plaze:

I understand that this site has a stellar record on predicting the past, so I'd guess they're just as effective as predicting the future...

Consequently, I think they must be announcing Iron Man on PS2 for Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom