• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwiz210

Robbie Drums is superior
2e1ap9v.jpg

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
perfectchaos007 said:
Did any of you realize that No mention of WiiWare or VC was mentioned at Nintendo's E3 press conference?

Actually, Iwata did mention Wiiware. He said that it is a great way for small teams with low budgets to make games available. And that was it. It was about as useful as the time they said that the storage solution we'd all been waiting for was compression.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Chris Remo said:
Nintendo did one of these last year at E3 also--they call it a "Q&A Soiree"--and they didn't announce any games then, just so you guys know.

Anyway I'm going to it, we'll see.
Noted. btw, ravage them in the q&a sessions with "where are the fucking games" questions!

msmma said:

I wonder if Reggie gave her special training on how to deal with embarrassing animated GIFS of yourself being posted all over the internet. This is gold.

"Animal Crossing is Hardcore" is the new "Geeks and otaku" (which itself was the new "clean out your fridge")

Jethro

Well, it isn't really a conference. Just like every year Nintendo shows off their newest Titles and talk about them in detail. Then at the end they are gonna show a trailer, eventually.

But I don' t think it will happen. It just our Imagination that there must be something more, something that gives us a little justify.

zaxor0

If all my hopes and dreams weren't already shattered I might have hope for something. But I can only believe that Nintendo will pretend to be oblivious to the desires of the fans who have been here since the beginning. All is forever lost.

Soka said:
Icarus revealed and Casamasana redeemed? That would be the best thing ever.

He wouldn't be redeemed. He'd still be wrong. He said it was coming, and then found out that it wasn't showing up, so he backtracked like a little bitch. If it shows up now he will be wrong because he said it wasn't coming!

Provider

I'm not saying something's gonna be announced tonight but It is really stupid to think that Nintendo is only working on 3 wii titles, hardcore or not. It's just that Nintendo didn't want to show yesterday the rest of the stuff they're working on.

Nintendo showed yesterday exactly what they had to even if we didn't like it. E3 is probably the only time of they year when mainstream press turns around and looks at videogames not thinking it's a bad-influence-makes-youshoot-kids-at-schools thing.

E3's always been about getting free publicity. And what do you think mainstream press is gonna be talking about? A CG God of War 3 trailer or a 256-player online game (I'm not trying to troll Sony, I love my PS3) or one of the really accesible gaming experience that Nintendo showed yesterday.

Maybe it's just like 2006. Nintendo let us down in the conference and the day after they make up showing one game, and... since we have nothing right now, if they show something we will somehow think one games is more than enough.

StrikerObi said:
He wouldn't be redeemed. He'd still be wrong. He said it was coming, and then found out that it wasn't showing up, so he backtracked like a little bitch. If it shows up now he will be wrong because he said it wasn't coming!

I know most of GAF really wants reasons to hate Matt, but he never said definitively that it would be shown at E3.

playWii.de said:
Unfortunately you can't deny that yesterday's Nintendo press conference didn't offer much for the hardcore crowd. Indeed, Animal Crossing: City Folk introduces voice chat to the Wii, but this should only be a slight comfort.

According to an insider source, there should be another game announcement today. The secret title is said to be Pikmin 3. And this rumor doesn't even seem so far-fetched, after all Nintendo is holding a small private conference without live-streaming today. A few days ago the source also said that Animal Crossing was to be presented at E3 - and the hint at the subtitle City Folk was also right.

As many times before, there's only one thing to do now - to wait and see.

Source: playWii.de

Once again, if this conference is underwhelming, especially given the amount of hype that YOU allowed to be generated within yourself... remember.

It's YOUR fault.

later

Provider said:
I'm not saying something's gonna be announced tonight but It is really stupid to think that Nintendo is only working on 3 wii titles, hardcore or not. It's just that Nintendo didn't want to show yesterday the rest of the stuff they're working on.

Nintendo showed yesterday exactly what they had to even if we didn't like it. E3 is probably the only time of they year when mainstream press turns around and looks at videogames not thinking it's a bad-influence-makes-youshoot-kids-at-schools thing.

E3's always been about getting free publicity. And what do you think mainstream press is gonna be talking about? A CG God of War 3 trailer or a 256-player online game (I'm not trying to troll Sony, I love my PS3) or one of the really accesible gaming experience that Nintendo showed yesterday.

Maybe it's just like 2006. Nintendo let us down in the conference and the day after they make up showing one game, and... since we have nothing right now, if they show something we will somehow think one games is more than enough.

They're gonna talk about lips and you're in the movies.

marc^o^ said:
To theNintendo Executive board: don't reuse her at any E3 conference. Ever. No offense but she was awful, even as a soccer mom.
I didn't think her presentation was that great, either, but then it struck me. We could have been listening to George Harrison. It's a minor step in the right direction.

MisterHero

JoshuaJSlone said:
I didn't think her presentation was that great, either, but then it struck me. We could have been listening to George Harrison. It's a minor step in the right direction.
You stop dissing George Harrison. :(

I suggest that everyone be replace by Charles Martinet and do the entire presentation as Mario.

Firestorm

RBH said:
Hoooly crap.

Anyway, I'd like to believe this is gonna happen. I mean, Brawl two years ago blew me away and their reasoning was that the press conference was for mainstream press and this was for us. Please happen.

RagnarokX

Firestorm said:
Hoooly crap.

Anyway, I'd like to believe this is gonna happen. I mean, Brawl two years ago blew me away and their reasoning was that the press conference was for mainstream press and this was for us. Please happen.
Yeah, I hope Nintendo does something to erase yesterday from our minds.

2l892li.gif

[Nintex]

Firestorm said:
Hoooly crap.

No their, reasoning was that Sakurai barely finished the trailer and that he was on the plane to LA during the conference. He simply wasn't there in time for the conference.

That said it would make sense for Pikmin to be at E3 this year. Especially since Matt once said it's in full production and even before we saw the controller Miyamoto said it would be perfect for Pikmin. Kagari also didn't let us down with AC, so I'm still a believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom