• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NSMBU+NSLU Wii U Bundle incoming (?)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Because the casuals want to continue enjoying their favorite game franchises, and the U doesn't get the majority of them.

They also probably own an Xbox 360 or PS3 and want the newer, more powerful system.

Casual gamers who enjoyed franchises such as New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart, Smash are available on the PS4 and XBONE? I didn't know that :p

Bundle would most likely be available in the US for Black Friday at 299.99$. If Nintendo can get their message across and market the product correctly, this could have a significant impact. I'm looking forward to the sales this holiday season. Nintendo seems poised to try and be perceived as the cheapest and best option with the 129.99$ 2DS and 299.99$ Wii U bundles. Let's hope it works out in their favor.

Mory Dunz

This bundle, the Wind Waker bundle, the price drops, DKC, SMW3D, plus the existing library and stuff like MK8 on the horizon is a pretty big swing at making this holiday season count.

If the system doesn't recover after this - and I'm not talking huge third-party sales, but just steady hardware/software for Nintendo at least - then I think we can pretty much start making the funeral arrangements, as I don't think there's much more Nintendo can do, short of a Pokemon-like phenomenon that appears and rejuvenates the system.
Sonic and Olympic Games sonic are also usual big sellers.

Yeah, it all comes down to Christmas season.

All this bundle talk is making me remember the Mario Kart Double Dash Pak which was a Gamecube, Double Dash, and a disc with 4 Zelda games. All for £130. Crazy.

This is what Nintendo needs to do. Should have been done at launch. Box looks good as well. Will jump in closer to the holidays.

Metallix87

So this Holiday you'll have the following options for $299.99:

- Zelda: Wind Waker HD Bundle
- Nintendo Land Bundle
- New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U Bundle

Pretty solid overall.

Also, LOL @ people asking for $149.99. Do you guys not have 360s and PS3s yet? How about Wiis? Are you guys still primarily gaming on Wiis? Maybe even further back... Gamecubes and Xboxes?

So this Holiday you'll have the following options for $299.99:

- Zelda: Wind Waker HD Bundle
- Nintendo Land Bundle
- New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U Bundle

Pretty solid overall.

Also, LOL @ people asking for $149.99. Do you guys not have 360s and PS3s yet? How about Wiis? Are you guys still primarily gaming on Wiis? Maybe even further back... Gamecubes and Xboxes?

The 150 figure is a bit extreme, but 300 is still too much.

LOCK

Well they have to attempt to get to 9m units sold this FY somehow.

I think this will be perfect for the holidays along side WW bundles. With great advertising, Nintendo should recover somewhat.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, that'd be awesome. NSMBU is seriously such a great game.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If Nintendo kicks their marketing into gear, they could have a very successful holiday. Exclusive Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic alone are nothing to sneeze at. Add in the rest and the Wii U's lineup has more potential than the other consoles.

Nintendo just needs to let people know that they exist.

You're getting a new game system with two games that normally retail for $80. How is $220 too much for a new system?

Because 'old' systems are cheaper and in many areas have better specs than this 'new' system. Granted, the Wii U has the controller, but the games and the console are more important.

I really want that Wii U bundle with Wind Waker HD, but it is far too expensive for what it is. The 32GB hard drive is a joke, and since the copy of WW that comes with it is digital, you won't even get that amount of space.

At $300 this and the WWHD bundle are putting Nintendo in a good position for the holiday season. $100 less than the newer competition and that includes a system and a free game. There is no way that won't be attractive to parents especially in the face of probable shortages for the other two consoles. Nintendo must be taking a hefty loss on these bundles though...

The only thing we have to wait for now are the advertisements. Hopefully Nintendo will do the same thing with Wii U advertisements that they did with 3DS advertisements: focus on the games and drill it into the consumer's heads that it's a different system.

Metallix87

Because 'old' systems are cheaper and in many areas have better specs than this 'new' system. Granted, the Wii U has the controller, but the games and the console are more important.

I really want that Wii U bundle with Wind Waker HD, but it is far too expensive for what it is. The 32GB hard drive is a joke, and since the copy of WW that comes with it is digital, you won't even get that amount of space.

You're thinking about it wrong. The "old" systems are cheaper, but for the most part, only barely, and you need to remember that, with Black Friday coming up, you're not likely to pay the full $300 for a Wii U, as it'll either be on sale, come with more extra stuff, or maybe come with a gift card.

I mean, let's be honest here, even without that, $300 isn't that much money for a system and a game or two, especially when you know the system will get a lot of use in the Spring with Smash and MK8. And remember, it's competing this Holiday against two new system, yes, but those are each $100 - $200 more, and don't come with games, and overall have rather weak launch lineups.

Jarlaxle

I feel sorry for all the new Wii u owners who have to miss out on Nintendo land
Agreed. I never would have bought it on my own but I had a lot of fun with it since it was the pack in. I just wish Nintendo would offer something to the loyal few who bought day one. A price drop less than a year later is kind of messed up. Surprised there aren't more clamoring for an ambassador program. He'll, just give me ten bucks in Nintendo points and I'd be happy.

Rvaisse

You're getting a new game system with two games that normally retail for $80. How is $220 too much for a new system?

And you also get Offscreen TV-Play + a new internet tablet device for this price !
Pretty good deal !

PS480 may be more powerful, but it doesnt bring anything like this for double the price !

You're thinking about it wrong. The "old" systems are cheaper, but for the most part, only barely, and you need to remember that, with Black Friday coming up, you're not likely to pay the full $300 for a Wii U, as it'll either be on sale, come with more extra stuff, or maybe come with a gift card.

I mean, let's be honest here, even without that, $300 isn't that much money for a system and a game or two, especially when you know the system will get a lot of use in the Spring with Smash and MK8. And remember, it's competing this Holiday against two new system, yes, but those are each $100 - $200 more, and don't come with games, and overall have rather weak launch lineups.

I can't comment about black friday as I don't live in the US. In regards to the competition, Nintendo will need to both simultaneously let the public know that the Wii U is a new system AND that it is cheaper than the competition's new systems.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I never would have bought it on my own but I had a lot of fun with it since it was the pack in. I just wish Nintendo would offer something to the loyal few who bought day one. A price drop less than a year later is kind of messed up. Surprised there aren't more clamoring for an ambassador program. He'll, just give me ten bucks in Nontendo points and I'd be happy.
Sony dropped the PS3 price the spring after launch. Console prices almost always drop within a year of launch...

hongcha

fyp.

Nintendo is doing pretty well in the rest of the mainland EU countries. It's only the UK where they've had some struggles.

They're doing poorly everywhere in regard to the Wii U. They've only sold 350 Wii Us in Poland, a country of 38 million people.

Metallix87

I'd assume you are talking about 3DS dominating vita, no way you you are talking about consoles.

You never know. It really depends on how the market reacts to the prices, the lineups, and the marketing. I'll say this much: Microsoft has done the Xbone no favors, and I think Wii U has a pretty decent shot at outpacing it this Holiday season. The PS4? Probably much less likely, but again, you never know.

I can't comment about black friday as I don't live in the US. In regards to the competition, Nintendo will need to both simultaneously let the public know that the Wii U is a new system AND that it is cheaper than the competition's new systems.

You know they're going to do that. The marketing blitz this Holiday is going to be massive.

antonz

They're doing poorly everywhere in regard to the Wii U. They've only sold 350 Wii Us in Poland, a country of 38 million people.

The reason that Poland thread got locked was because the tweet was bullshit and the article did not claim that at all. On top of the fact Nintendo does not have an official positioning in Poland. Any and all Polish systems are imports.

Linkyn

This is a decent move, but I'd bundle even more aggressively. I can easily see bundles with Tropical Freeze, Mario and Sonic, or 3D World. And obviously MK 8 and Smash 4 next year.

Metallix87

This is a decent move, but I'd bundle even more aggressively. I can easily see bundles with Tropical Freeze, Mario and Sonic, or 3D World. And obviously MK 8 and Smash 4 next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3D World bundle in early 2014.

You never know. It really depends on how the market reacts to the prices, the lineups, and the marketing. I'll say this much: Microsoft has done the Xbone no favors, and I think Wii U has a pretty decent shot at outpacing it this Holiday season. The PS4? Probably much less likely, but again, you never know.

You know they're going to do that. The marketing blitz this Holiday is going to be massive.

I hope so. I want the Wii U to sell so that the Nintendo aren't pressured in to rushing Zelda HD or whatever 'big' games they are working on.

MDSLKTR

If Nintendo kicks their marketing into gear, they could have a very successful holiday. Exclusive Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic alone are nothing to sneeze at. Add in the rest and the Wii U's lineup has more potential than the other consoles.

Nintendo just needs to let people know that they exist.
Gem post of the thread.
What is "the rest" you're talking about?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Would consider if retail copies.

I think these days are over. There's not really any benefit for the first party to bundle a physical copy. Digital copy is an equally good incentive for most people, and it keeps people from just dumping the game off into the used market so the bundled game doesn't plummet in value. Plus it's cheaper since there's no manufacturing cost involved for the game.

And I'm surprised Nintendo isn't including demos for upcoming games or other holiday games too. Having a "Demos" app with a few games and trailers for some others would be good advertising, and being able to slap Mario Kart on the bundle box along with NSMB would be pretty huge.

Rvaisse

People wanted a real game because Nintendoland was not good enough for them
--> zombiU , MH3G, ZeldaWW collector bundles

People want a price drop :
--> 299$/€

Nintendo makes a new bundle with 2 games for 299$/€
--> " it's too much expensive"
--> " dont want digital copies"

Oh boy.....

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Eh, it'd just have the game preinstalled rather than giving you the disc, so it's of absolutely no interest to me.

I do want both games, though...

Top Bottom