• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer & anti-reading, no lore fun committee (September 6th)

ash_ag

this is the future of pokemon yall

murkrows on roofs

hypnos creepin

THIS IS THE POKEMON I NEED

lol it looks like youre playing as delibird

Ohmori is an absolute madman. It would be one thing to change a few bits here and there, but dude's reshaping the Pokémon formula on top of the beautiful visuals.

MicH

I've been a huge fan of everything shown of Sun and Moon so far, even the Pokemon. But this... I don't know. Im really not feeling these new Pokemon or their names at all

Kyzer

Banned
The ring does bear a resemblance. I'd say it's probable.

I don't see any resemblance other than they are rings and there is green in the middle. The shapes are totally different (one is cross shaped one is not), they're in different spots of the body/serving different purposes, and, well, everything else.

Type: Null weighs 265.7 pounds

CrrS1a9UkAEaTE0.jpg:large

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This feels like the first Pokemon in years that will be a genuinely fresh experience, I'm impressed that they are doing so many new things.

clemenx

Banned
this is the future of pokemon yall

murkrows on roofs

hypnos creepin

THIS IS THE POKEMON I NEED

lol it looks like youre playing as delibird

I've never cared about Pokemon being handheld only

UNTIL NOW.

Give me this game at a high resolution pretty please Nintendo.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In the Japanese trailer (the one with the real-world kids) you see the PC and Kukui looking at a mountain top and two shrine-like peaks in front of it, wonder if that's related to Rockruff's evolution?

Speaking of which COROCORO HYPE this weekend.

Regiruler

I don't see any resemblance other than they are rings and there is green in the middle. The shapes are totally different (one is cross shaped one is not), they're in different spots of the body/serving different purposes, and, well, everything else.

Your handwaving too many of the similarities with the ring. Remove the two circle segments on the left and right of arceus's ring and it's identical outside of color.

It also shares the bipedal nature, normal typing, and hard eyes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not true, I recommend playing them again. And yeah I mean you can exploit games and make them easy but thats not really indicative of the overall difficulty. Fire spinning everything to death or using the missingno glitch is like headshotting everyone with the tranq gun in metal gear solid and complaining that its too easy/repetitive. RBY are easily some of the most challenging games, and pretty much the only ones where normal ass trainers can sometimes give you a run for your money IMO

I forgot about this until the RBY release on VC.

But yeah BW is probably the most legitimately difficult

I'm actually arguing with the mindset of how "people back then" played, i.e. with their favorite starter, and even then, like I said, you got shit like Speed = Critical stuff that made the game easier, and I'm not even talking about Blue's champion mon line up with moves like Growl.

I mostly brought that up because of the Miltank meme.

Figured I'd point out that another bullet point in the 4chan leaks came true today.

"Time works differently in each version"

The line I'm talking about is under 4: The "Real leaks" leak

Here is an old version, the creator has since updated the image but idk where it is.

I thought he got it wrong on the bigger, expanded list he made, that the clocks are actually wrong. Someone in /vp/ actually pointed that out.

The third gym in X has level 30 Pokemon. You don't get level 30 pokemon until gyms 5 and 6 in Heart Gold. The progression was absolutely slower. Even with the Exp Share turned off it is easier to gain experience in X

so then you end up with an even more powerful team

The new system actually made the games a bit harder, so it's removal actually made X and Y easier. However, there were other changes that were compiling over Gen V (notably team composition) that made the games easier than Gen IV (challenge mode being a bit of an exception: it's basically what B2W2 would be like if the games had steadily gotten harder from HGSS instead of easier). X and Y had even more concessions made alongside the return to the old system, including a notable reduction in team sizes (which worryingly seems to be a factor in these trailers) and the exp all.

The ring does bear a resemblance. I'd say it's probable.

The Gen V system is back in Sun and Moon.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Love all the new designs and the mystery this trailers shown. Alolan Raticate is a bit bland and lazy. I would have hoped it'd carry on it's thief design coming off of Ratatta, but everything else looks amazing. The character designs in particular are brilliant. Bursting with personality.

Nothing much to say other than what's been said. UB-01 taking Lillie's form is mega strange, and Null looks pretty beast. The day and night features differing between versions has given me some sort of hope that the day and night evolutions for the starters are real. I hope it plays a role other than being purely aesthetic.

Phu

Banned
Before today I was wondering how they were gonna keep the hype train/stream of info going til release but now I know any crazy thing could come up. Love it.

Kouriozan

Interesting enough, Type : Null is called Type : 0 in French, and UB-01 is UC-01 (UC = CPU in French)
Take that as you want.

Edit : nevermind about UC, it's just Ultra Chimère.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Yes that's my entire point. They adjusted the gym levels up to account for the fact that you gain exp faster, and I'm arguing that they didn't do it in a way that balanced difficulty. It is easier and faster to outstrip the gyms, even the late game gyms, and the E4 in X than it was in HG or Black. That's been all I'm trying to say

Trakan

Okay, now it's starting to get difficult to narrow it down to just 6 Pokemon for a team. Type: Null and Jangmo-o are my two favorite designs so far.

keero16

Neo Member
I've been a huge fan of everything shown of Sun and Moon so far, even the Pokemon. But this... I don't know. Im really not feeling these new Pokemon or their names at all

I'm definitely with you there. Easily my least favorite trailer so far.

The new names aren't charming (and confusing, Type: Null is so dumb in that regard), and Alolan Raticate is really ew compared to the awesome Alolan Rattata. The only thing I really liked were the new characters and their designs.

Hopefully the next trailer will hit it out of the park again.

I'm actually arguing with the mindset of how "people back then" played, i.e. with their favorite starter, and even then, like I said, you got shit like Speed = Critical stuff that made the game easier, and I'm not even talking about Blue's champion mon line up with moves like Growl.

I mostly brought that up because of the Miltank meme.

I thought he got it wrong on the bigger, expanded list he made, that the clocks are actually wrong. Someone in /vp/ actually pointed that out.

Interesting. I haven't seen all the leaks on 4chan, just browse it occasionally.

Top Bottom