• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon X & Y News Incoming

pokeypokiee_zpsde49568b.jpg

JoeM86

Joe you should update the fakemon page more with some of the fakes we've seen around :p

I remember you added tons for Gen 4, but only 1 or 2 for Gen 5

Na, I'm considering scrapping it since people keep making fakes to get on that

So browsing some reactions to the fake scan, and wow, some fans are major pricks to the Serebii webmaster. Haha, it's really sad actually.
Surprised no one realised it was fake though. The trainer art is pretty amateurish.

It was up for mere minutes. It just came on 2ch from the same upload site as usual. That's why I posted. The page styling matches CoroCoro too

Kokonoe

Banned
Kanto for HG and main game Black I need to finish.

HGSS is great but I got a bit burned out at the time because I was playing too much Pokemon.

Black... I thought the same but then I gave it another go. It's still fun but... feels really lacking. How much of an improvement was Black 2?

If you didn't care for BW much then don't get it, if you like BW then get it. It's third version+, it takes place in the same continent and mostly has the same gym leaders just with new arenas. It has Pokemon from all the gens in the wild, but if you're expecting something aside from BW then you will be disappointed. It is BW refined a bit more, and GSC still has the best rival theme so haha!

I say I liked the intro of BW2, that takes place in a whole new area (first two 2/3 towns do), but the gameplay itself is still more of the same. You might wanna research BW2 yourself to see all the new features are there is something called Pokestar Studios.

qq more

If you didn't care for BW much then don't get it, if you like BW then get it. It's third version+, it takes place in the same continent and mostly has the same gym leaders just with new arenas. It has Pokemon from all the gens in the wild, but if you're expecting something aside from BW then you will be disappointed. It is BW refined a bit more, and GSC still has the best rival theme so haha!

I might actually skip it anyways since X/Y is coming out soon and I really don't wanna risk getting burned out again. From the things I've been hearing though, it sounded like B&W2 is what B&W should of have been. Oh well, I hope X/Y turns out great.

And yes, I second that the GSC rival theme is the best! I think the only thing that rivals it (haha geddit?) is the Champion theme from R/B/Y (it counts because it's your rival!)

I say I liked the intro of BW2, that takes place in a whole new area (first two 2/3 towns do), but the gameplay itself is still more of the same. You might wanna research BW2 yourself to see all the new features are there is something called Pokestar Studios.
I don't really mind the battle system being the same. I just wish the region itself was actually interesting. It felt like they focused too much on eye candy than content.

Pokestar Studios sounds cool.

Gravijah

I'll cheat and say RBY has the best rival theme.

It's actually BW with the best rival theme.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
It was up for mere minutes. It just came on 2ch from the same upload site as usual. That's why I posted. The page styling matches CoroCoro too

Oh, cool, I didn't realise you were a poster here.
I'm just saying certain fans are overreacting to something so silly. I was browsing GameFAQs, and the way they put you down for a little mistake is pathetic. I actually had a good laugh seeing them take this so seriously to be honest.

Also, thanks for all your effort on the site. It's my main Pokesource, and has come in really handy over the years. Hell, I think your forum was the first forum I ever joined.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I'd like to say RSE had the best music, but I then I remember all the other great tracks in the series. Sometimes I'll think RSE is the best, then a week later DPPt. Kinda like albums in a way.

Kokonoe

Banned
Since we didn't get our RSE remake yet, I guess I'll go ahead and replay Ruby or play Emerald since it's been a while since I've beaten RSE. Darn you NintenFreak.

qq more

The fact that no one has mentioned the best music from R/S/E is shameful.

EDIT: And Gen V still has the best music.

I was actually thinking of posting that. Such a cool battle theme, probably the best of Gen 3! I never fought Deoxy though.

I think GSC has the best soundtrack, at least to me. Route 27's theme is sooooooo good.

Since we didn't get our RSE remake yet, I guess I'll go ahead and replay Ruby or play Emerald since it's been a while since I've beaten RSE. Darn you NintenFreak.

Play Emerald instead of Ruby. Fantastic 3rd version.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hmm...do I get in another music conversation for the 8th-10th time or do I simply go back to watching One Piece?

Yeah, I'll go back to watching One Piece.

JoeM86

Oh, cool, I didn't realise you were a poster here.
I'm just saying certain fans are overreacting to something so silly. I was browsing GameFAQs, and the way they put you down for a little mistake is pathetic. I actually had a good laugh seeing them take this so seriously to be honest.

Also, thanks for all your effort on the site. It's my main Pokesource, and has come in really handy over the years. Hell, I think your forum was the first forum I ever joined.

Glad you like the site :)

I'm used to the hate. This is nothing compared to the stuff in September 2010

JazzmanZ

Glad you like the site :)

I'm used to the hate. This is nothing compared to the stuff in September 2010

2010 was pretty frustrating for Pokemon news.

A bunch of people cried fowl at the 5th gen final starters (even I thought they were fake at the time regrettably) And the entirety of the 5th gen pokemon being revealed by some spanish guy and a lot of letters from Nintendo.

JoeM86

2010 was pretty frustrating for Pokemon news.

A bunch of people cried fowl at the 5th gen final starters (even I thought they were fake at the time regrettably) And the entirety of the 5th gen pokemon being revealed by some spanish guy and a lot of letters from Nintendo.

Yeah, I was referring specifically to the starter evolutions. For those not in the know, I found them on 2ch, in a special vip forum (you need a Japanese ISP just to view it) and the IP matched some text leaks earlier that year which revealed Triple Battles, Rotation Battles etc. I posted them, but marked them as unconfirmed for obvious reasons. Everyone was declaring them fake, but I contacted one of my contacts and they confirmed them for me. I posted that I could confirm that they were legit, then it began.
People were going back 8 years to bring the two dozen or so errors I had made in my tenure running my site as excuses for me to be classed as wrong. People were saying this proved I was arrogant, always making stuff up and so forth. Even certain other webmasters documented this to try and capture my "humiliation". All these theories came about how they were made based on older Pokémon.

So yeah, this is nothing compared to that :p

Top Bottom